Skip to content

Some Gods/Deities in my world

LordinLordin Member Posts: 30
I just wanted to share these to see your opinions on them
Enaerrak, the God of Fear, Death and Alchemy, is unusually beautiful, with dark skin, short, flaming red hair, and eyes the color of fire opals. He is surprisingly short and willowy, and is usually frowning. He usually wears light and airy robes dyed medium green.
He is also associated with storms. He is often worshiped by women. His many followers can be primarily distinguished by their jewelry. There are a large number of offerings to him in meadows. There are many myths involving his unhappy relationship with certain mortals. He is the son of Kretanus. He is known to sometimes hinder peasants who ask for aid.

Kretanus, the Goddess of the Forge, is surprisingly plain, with very pale skin, long, flaming red hair, and eyes the color of red wine. She is medium height and of average build, and generally has a blissful expression. She usually wears stylized armor dyed dark red.
She is also associated with business. She is often worshiped by clerics. Her few followers can be primarily distinguished by the symbols they wear. There are a few statues of her in most villages.
NonnahswriterTeflon

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Well. There's a few questions that come to mind when I read those entries.

Enaerrak - Why is he associated with storms? Why is he often worshipped by women? Is there a reason his followers are distinguished by their jewellery? Why do people put offerings to him in meadows? What kind of unhappy relationships? In what way do he hinder peasants when they ask for aid?

Kretanus - Why is the deity of forging mostly worshipped by clerics? Why does she have few followers yet several statues in most villages?
    Lordin
  • LordinLordin Member Posts: 30
    scriver said:

Well. There's a few questions that come to mind when I read those entries.

Enaerrak - Why is he associated with storms? Why is he often worshipped by women? Is there a reason his followers are distinguished by their jewellery? Why do people put offerings to him in meadows? What kind of unhappy relationships? In what way do he hinder peasants when they ask for aid?

1st- Storms usually bring out fear and death.
    2nd- Yes because the jewelry they wear have a ten pointed star (his symbol) carved into them
    3rd- Because meadows have alchemical ingredients
    4th- Kings annd other such royalty attempting to create new relationships
    5th- Usually removes a limb or two
    scriver said:

Kretanus - Why is the deity of forging mostly worshipped by clerics? Why does she have few followers yet several statues in most villages?

1st- Most clerics forge their own holy symbols and gear
    2nd- i believe you read that wrong, it says she has few statues in villages
    i hope those answer your questions

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I don't see any cliches in here. Original designs! Well done!

DO MORE
    Lordinmf2112Teflon

I don't see any cliches in here. Original designs! Well done!

DO MORE

Thanks for the motivation! I actually have an entire pantheon set up i just wanted to share these two
    semiticgoddess
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited July 2016
    Cool, but this statement confuses me:
    Lordin said:

Why would meadows be places to find alchemical ingredients? When I think of alchemical substances, I think of stuff like aqua fortis and aqua regia (powerful acids that can dissolve most substances, even gold in the case of aqua regia), or perhaps making strange dangerous substances like black powder and Greek fire.

As I said, cool ideas, but I'm wondering what the heck grows in your meadows! :wink:

Cool, but this statement confuses me:

Lordin said:

Why would meadows be places to find alchemical ingredients? When I think of alchemical substances, I think of stuff like aqua fortis and aqua regia (powerful acids that can dissolve most substances, even gold in the case of aqua regia), or perhaps making strange dangerous substances like black powder and Greek fire.

As I said, cool ideas, but I'm wondering what the heck grows in your meadows! :wink:
    By alchemical ingredients I meant like mushrooms, flowers, etc. I base my worlds alchemy off of the elder scrolls version
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I want to ask something about deities in your world. Some general things. Like, are those deities active in the world? Are they actual thing, or just made-up concept by races in your world? Are they ruling from afar? Do they live among people? Openly, by disguise? Why people worship them? Is it rational thing to do or not? Do they worship because it has it's advantages, or maybe due to the fear of being punished for not worshipping them?

I ask a lot, because it's hard to tell anything about the deities you created while being overal unfamiliar with the world you created as well.
    Nonnahswriter
    O_Bruce said:

I want to ask something about deities in your world. Some general things. Like, are those deities active in the world? Are they actual thing, or just made-up concept by races in your world? Are they ruling from afar? Do they live among people? Openly, by disguise? Why people worship them? Is it rational thing to do or not? Do they worship because it has it's advantages, or maybe due to the fear of being punished for not worshipping them?

1. Yes very active
    2. They are real, they commonly create the races of the world
    3. Sometimes
    4. No
    5. This will answer two questions, they worship them to not suffer any consequences and to recieve rewards, like in Enaerraks case he gives them the power to control someones "lifeforce" (for lack of a better word)
    Hope that answers your questions
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    :o I can imagine what rhose happy son and mom looks like.
    Um does they live in on the cloud? And wonder who provides their clothings :D
    Good work you got the talent.
    By the way do you write?
    Teflon said:

:o I can imagine what rhose happy son and mom looks like.
    Um does they live in on the cloud? And wonder who provides their clothings :D
    Good work you got the talent.
    By the way do you write?

1. No they live in a seperate plane watching via portals
    2. yes i also make games
    Teflon
  • Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    edited July 2016
    Who do the normal people worship? In Norse mythology Thor was the most popular (or widely worshipped) god because he was the god of warriors and farmers which is basically all the men.

You say that people worship the gods to avoid consequences and receive power. How has that relationship shaped the culture of your society? What can change the nature of a man? etc etc. If the gods do these horrible things to peasants or give powers over life force in exchange for worship (supplication?) then are the people generally fearful or callous? Do the kings of this world emulate this or do they stand apart from the gods?
    TeflonFinneousPJmf2112

Who do the normal people worship? In Norse mythology Thor was the most popular (or widely worshipped) god because he was the god of warriors and farmers which is basically all the men.

You say that people worship the gods to avoid consequences and receive power. How has that relationship shaped the culture of your society? What can change the nature of a man? etc etc. If the gods do these horrible things to peasants or give powers over life force in exchange for worship (supplication?) then are the people generally fearful or callous? Do the kings of this world emulate this or do they stand apart from the gods?

1. Depends on their profession, blacksmiths worship Kretanus, farmers Pack (goddess of Autumn), and Blackguards Aliando (destruction)
    2. It has affected it by making most priests highly respected and feared
    3. Most priests show off being Callous while others are fearful
    4. Kings/mayors usually enact the will of the god/goddess that rules over his town/city/village
    Hope that answers your questions!