Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    The room beyond is choked by Spiderwebs that hide the very walls and ceiling. A single passageway, about 7' wide runs down the center of the room.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Edwin uses his +2 (and thus inflammable) quarterstaff to break apart the fire before stepping through to the other room.

"Ah, we have uncovered quite the sanctum. Throw the barbarian on the button, he will be heavy enough to keep it pressed (and at least he'll be useful even while unconcious, yes)."

Edwin casts armor (lasts for 5 hours, should be enough), cautiously steps into the large new room and looks around. What's in there?
    @Drugar Only Webs and the doors, unless he wants to burn or knock down the webs.
  • Fighting_FerretFighting_Ferret Member Posts: 229
    edited May 2013
    "Shouldn't a few of us stay here to guard our way back, in case this turns out to be a dead-end or a trap? Always know the way out, that's what I always say."
    Post edited by LadyRhian on
    Edwin uses his quarterstaff to tear down some webs, taking care to not have any web come on his robe. That'd be *disgusting*.
    There are approximately 6 feet of webs on either side of the passageway. Edwin hits a wall and discovers it is made of stone at least on the northern side of the room.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Skie shoves Edwin into the webs and laughs maniacally.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I'll stay and make sure nobody follows you.
  • lockmundlockmund Member Posts: 354
    "Right, so whom do we pick for the rear guard? Imoen, Ajantis, Aerie and Minsc?"
    Skie tips Edwin into the webs and he winds up cocooned in the stuff, unable to move except to cry for help. (his strength isn't high enough to break free.) Thankfully, none got in his mouth.

As Ajantis sighs to himself, 4 Zombies stumble into the room from the room with the Fire. Since there is now a passageway through the fire, they orient on Ajantis and move towards him, moaning. Their gray-green flesh seems particularly fragile, but if they are the same as the Zombies you encountered downstairs, you know that they are sturdier than they look.
  • lockmundlockmund Member Posts: 354
    Garrick starts to sing a song about the dangers of pushing people into webs. He also moves next to Sarevok to help him unload Minsc.
    Have we split up yet? If so who is still in zombie fighting range?
    I'm guarding the back as always.
    Ajantis, only. Everyone else seems to be inside.
    So I'm guessing until he makes some kind of call for help we are clueless as to the 4 zombies approaching from the rear?
    "Ack, damnable wench! I'll have trollops eat your skin for this!"

Edwin struggles to break free, completely wrapping himself in the webs. You all learn various new Thayan expletives that I don't feel comfortable writing here.
    You'll probably listen to the combat sounds... the "Helm yes" shouts may be a clue as well ;)
    @Fighting_Ferret Yes. @Minevese Edwin's cursing may drown that out.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Mazzy takes out her sword and begins cutting Edwin free from the webs, despite her better judgement.

"Be quiet wizard, you may cause my blade to slip and cut off your tongue by accident."
  • Fenris308Fenris308 Member Posts: 118
    edited May 2013
    Misnc lets out a coo whilst enjoying his nap. "Zzzzz butt kicking zzzzz justice zzzz" A bit of slobber dribbles onto Sarevok's shoulder.
    The Zombies attack Ajantis, winning initiative. Two of them hit, doing 9 points of damage total with their long claws.
    For HELM!!!!!
    Skie hears Adjantis shouting and looks back to see the zombies. She takes out her bow and starts firing at the closest zombie.
    Skie, throwing caution to the wind, fires into combat through the opening in the fireplace. Unfortunately, she misses the zombies and hits poor Ajantis, sinking an arrow into his thigh for 9 damage. He cries out in shock and pain and resists the urge to look skyward and ask his God, "Why do I do this again?"
    "Oops... Sorry Ajantis! That was a practice, it doesn't count!"
    Mazzy spins around to see Ajantis being attacked. She tightens the grip on her blade and jumps through the flames to protect him.
    So Mazzy is abandoning helping Edwin?
  • Fenris308Fenris308 Member Posts: 118
    OOC Lead them through the fire perhaps?
    OOC: Yes she is, as she sees the zombies as the greater threat at the moment. She also cares more for Ajantis than Edwin, sorry Edwin.
    Imoen will assist Edwin, as her combat usefulness is limited by lack of armor and the enclosed space of the doorway.
This discussion has been closed.