Skip to content

Why doesn't Beamdog.com list an ESRB/PEGI rating?

124»

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Troodon80: Far be it for me to tell you how to spend your time, but you really are wasting it here: this person is trying to mask their protest of same-sex content in the EEs by claiming it's "not for children", and that Beamdog is therefore guilty of breaking some age restriction or other. It's not actually about how the ESRB works, or PEGI ratings, or Steam, or international legislation; so as detailed and well-researched as your response is, all you're doing is lending validity to a fake argument.
    GrumThacoBellVbibbi
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Troodon80 said:

If a particular country does not like it, then it is up to local governments to draft laws blocking certain websites in those countries. Which is about as likely to happen as governments drafting up laws to ban imports.

Happens everywhere in Second World countries :(
    mf2112Troodon80
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    @shawne: Points are worth 17.9 million dollars?!
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    joluv said:

@shawne: Points are worth 17.9 million dollars?!

I said vows, not pre-nups. Unless the vows ran along the lines of "I promise to love, honor and obey for the next 40 hours." :)
    joluv
  • LoveViconiaLoveViconia Member Posts: 196
    PEGI/ESRB on movies, PEGI/ESRB on music, soon they will be law for games too, keep hiding behind this bounch on mindless brainwashed buttkissers, when it will come your turn you will find out that it wasn't a good decision not to follow the PEGI/ESRB at all.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881

ronaldo
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229

PEGI/ESRB on movies, PEGI/ESRB on music, soon they will be law for games too, keep hiding behind this bounch on mindless brainwashed buttkissers, when it will come your turn you will find out that it wasn't a good decision not to follow the PEGI/ESRB at all.

Err it's been a few days, why not let the issue drop? It feels like you're trying to keep up an argument wherein neither side is going to concede.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    There's really nothing wrong with listing the PEGI/ESRB rating; I'm not sure if my earlier posts made it sound like that was the case, but so far as I know the only reason we don't list it on Beamdog.com is that we've never listed it on Beamdog.com.

The office team is out (because weekends), but if someone wants to ping me about it tomorrow I'll send it up the ladder. Our staff are pretty busy at the moment, but I'll at least let someone know that the community is talking about it.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

First they came for the movies and I didn't speak out.
    Then they came for the music and I didn't speak out.
    Then they came for the mindless brainwashed buttkissers...

Seriously, you're advocating government mandated thought control, and you're calling other people brainwashed?

I've never been able to understand why anyone would think that handing control of what you're allowed to read, view, hear or play to a government or quasi-governmental body is a good idea. The mindset is completely beyond me.

The internets have been whining about the content of these games since the day they were released. If you don't like that content, don't play them. You don't need Big Brother telling you what to do, make your own decisions.
    ThacoBellRavenslightsemiticgoddess
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    I always prefer it when bans are a bit more in the style of public executions. It's easier to stay calm about a troll when I believe that I'll eventually get to watch a moderator set them on metaphorical fire, you know? If they simply disappear, I feel deprived of catharsis/schadenfreude. Just my thoughts as an exceptionally petty person.
    Hudzy
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I've passed along the question to the internal team; note that this doesn't mean the PEGI or ESRB rating will necessarily be added to the Beamdog site, but it will at least get a look.

I'm going to close this thread now, since its purpose appears to have been served.
    Fardragon
This discussion has been closed.