Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

What's your most hated enemy?

Just out of curiosity, which enemy or enemies do you despise the most in this game? For roleplaying or gaming or whatever reason. For me it's probably the spellcasters that can do status effect on the party or dispel magic. The wailing virgins are also a nuisance since they try to kite and their "wails" sound more like taunts to me.

Also, the luremaster because he's a jerk.
semiticgod
«1

Comments

  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 3,048
    definitely the last boss in IWDEE the OC, he is a lot harder than he was in the vanilla IWD, the only way I can take him out is to cheese him hard, other than that, he is just impossible
  • inethineth Member Posts: 474
    edited September 2016
    sarevok57 said:

    he is a lot harder than he was in the vanilla IWD

    Are you sure it's not just because you used a different party back then?

    I thought IWD:EE didn't change anything about monster stats or AI, except that enemy spellcasters are now allowed to use the new BG2-imported spells to counter your own use of such spells.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 3,048
    ironically enough, my teams can become even more optimized because of the addition of kits and such and all the bg2 things they put into IWDEE so I don't think its party problems
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,058
    Drow have been pretty annoying in my current spell caster run (avenger+dragon disciple+Mage/cleric).
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 664
    edited September 2016
    definitely spectral guards. Never used chokepoints so hard in IE.
    sarevok57 said:

    definitely the last boss in IWDEE the OC, he is a lot harder than he was in the vanilla IWD, the only way I can take him out is to cheese him hard, other than that, he is just impossible

    what's a OC?

    markzaku
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 288

    what's a OC?

    Original campaign I'd guess in this case.

    Definitely harpies for me, at least in HoF mode.
    sarevok57
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,027
    edited September 2016
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,213
    I actually managed to defeat Belhifet handily for the first time ever in my last game (it's always been by the skin of my teeth before, even this one time I imported three TOB characters for fun), primarily by spamming as many summons as I could to keep his attention while my party killed his minions. I used to hate the Wailing Virgins too, but I did HOW after the main campaign on Insane, so my Cleric could turn them and they weren't too troublesome. I think my main annoyance on that run was probably Umber Hulks, since I was too cheap to break out countermeasures to their confusion, and wandering party members would only attract more enemies, and things snowballed.
  • acolyteacolyte Member Posts: 36
    Almost forgot about Nym. I'm fairly sure that he overcharges on just about everything. A little off topic. But I find it a little odd that you can kill every gnome in the Nym area and not suffer any loss of reputation.
    semiticgodGrum
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,027
    acolyte said:

    But I find it a little odd that you can kill every gnome in the Nym area and not suffer any loss of reputation.

    If it were SoD, I bet an invincible Flaming Fist Wizard would gate in and imprison you for that. But it's IWD, so when you murder somebody in a secret rebel refuge, nobody will bat an eye :smirk:
    mashedtaterslolienKrotos
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 3,679
    Well, it's not man-eating snow cabbages, that's for sure.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 664
    edited September 2016
    acolyte said:

    Almost forgot about Nym. I'm fairly sure that he overcharges on just about everything. A little off topic. But I find it a little odd that you can kill every gnome in the Nym area and not suffer any loss of reputation.

    Yet if you "kill" the friendlier shadowed elves in the severed hand, you lose 3 rep even though a. nobody can ever tell you did this b. they will be revived from the mythal

    I don't think rep is really functional in iwd or has any place. Especially when you're in the butthole of faerun.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,058
    Stupid Crushing Wave spell went through a wall in Dragon's Eye and killed a bunch of children leaving me on 6 rep for the rest of the game ...
  • acolyteacolyte Member Posts: 36
    Wowo said:

    Drow have been pretty annoying in my current spell caster run (avenger+dragon disciple+Mage/cleric).

    How did you manage the game with no dedicated fighter type? Summons? I suppose it's a good thing that druids have such a large range of summons. Or did you use spell damage nukes?
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,058
    acolyte said:

    Wowo said:

    Drow have been pretty annoying in my current spell caster run (avenger+dragon disciple+Mage/cleric).

    How did you manage the game with no dedicated fighter type? Summons? I suppose it's a good thing that druids have such a large range of summons. Or did you use spell damage nukes?
    The point of the run was to go with no front line so I did my best to rely on crowd control spells and nukes supplemented with summons.

    Favourite strategies:
    - Fire immune + fireball
    - Magic damage immune + skull trap
    - Electricity immune + lightning bolt
    - Animate Dead + Minor Sequencer: Snowball*2
    - Animate Dead + stinking cloud
    - Large summons + web
    - Chromatic Orb spam
    - Beetle form + armour of faith
    - Metamagics + nuke's
    - Darts or MMM boosted with Emotion: Hope and Courage
    - Mage/Cleric wielding Hammer Flail+Fast Flail and buffed with DUHM, Righteous Might and Holy Might or whatever those combat buffs are with Mage protections

    Lots of strategies available for such a versatile party. Chaos is a favourite spell of course.
    acolytesemiticgod
  • acolyteacolyte Member Posts: 36
    Sounds like a challenging but interesting run. Have you ever found a use for your avenger's baby wyvern form? I always feel like it's outshined by the sword spider form.

    semiticgod
  • Bombardier Beetles.

    They're not the most dangerous enemies ever, but they are extremely annoying to fight.
    semiticgod
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,058

    Bombardier Beetles.

    They're not the most dangerous enemies ever, but they are extremely annoying to fight.

    Always have a "Crushing Wave" spell ready to throw south when you get to that spot in Dragons Eye.
    Tad_Has_A_Cold_Olive
  • acolyteacolyte Member Posts: 36
    Can the bombardier beetles stun undead also? I would think not, but recently I noticed my own beetles stunning ice golems and the huge remorhaz in gloomfrost. Creatures which I expect NOT to be affected by little beetles.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,058
    acolyte said:

    Can the bombardier beetles stun undead also? I would think not, but recently I noticed my own beetles stunning ice golems and the huge remorhaz in gloomfrost. Creatures which I expect NOT to be affected by little beetles.

    Undead can't be stunned.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 826
    Anomen he is not hard to kill but I do hate him more than anything else in the BG series. To tell the truth having him in your party and ruining his life before ditching him, is way more satisfying than killing him XD
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 2,567
    I'd say Ixunomei, as she is the first really tough "boss" you face in the game.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,058
    DJKajuru said:

    I'd say Ixunomei, as she is the first really tough "boss" you face in the game.

    She is tough as nails but I anything by hate her, in fact she is probably my favourite enemy of the game given all the attributes that she has.
    DJKajurusemiticgod
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,058
    God said:

    Wowo said:

    DJKajuru said:

    I'd say Ixunomei, as she is the first really tough "boss" you face in the game.

    She is tough as nails but I anything by hate her, in fact she is probably my favourite enemy of the game given all the attributes that she has.


    I wasn't *only* referring to that aspect of her.
    semiticgod
  • acolyteacolyte Member Posts: 36
    God said:

    Wowo said:

    DJKajuru said:

    I'd say Ixunomei, as she is the first really tough "boss" you face in the game.

    She is tough as nails but I anything by hate her, in fact she is probably my favourite enemy of the game given all the attributes that she has.



    Yes. She is quite the top heavy female villain. Her big... brains was evident in her intellectual dialogue. But my paladin, devout and wise hero that he was, wisely refuse to look the snake lady in the eyes lest she mesmerize her with her words. Instead, he cupped his ears and steadfastly focused his gaze six inches lower.

    Yezzie: Blah blah blah You know, I am quite the intellectual marileth back in my hometown. They even said that I might become the first marileth philosopher poet. But we're of different species plus I'm a few centuries older than you. I'm enjoying our date, but it'll probably not work out...

    Yezzie: (Notices that the paladin is silent and not looking at her in the eye)

    Yezzie: *sigh* I forget that the denizens of this plane have such simple motivations....

    (After the paladin beats her down)

    Yezzie: *argh* I guess I'll see you next run? *dies*



    I can imagine a mod that makes the dialogue downright silly to be quite entertaining.
    semiticgod
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 1,490
    ineth said:

    sarevok57 said:

    he is a lot harder than he was in the vanilla IWD

    Are you sure it's not just because you used a different party back then?

    I thought IWD:EE didn't change anything about monster stats or AI, except that enemy spellcasters are now allowed to use the new BG2-imported spells to counter your own use of such spells.
    They did make Belhifet a good deal tougher. I don't remember what he was like in the original game without Heart of Winter installed, but with Heart of Winter installed the fight was different from the IWD:EE version in the following ways:

    *Belhifet did crushing damage for some reason, making Potions of Absorption extremely effective.
    *Belhifet didn't cause poison with his attacks.
    *Some of Belhifet's spells were bugged and didn't do anything.
    *The iron golems didn't breathe poison gas.
    *The cornugons who appeared on harder difficulties didn't cause bleeding with their attacks.
    inethsemiticgod
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 200
    Them' drowned deads on the Burial Isle! Ugh, the smell ain't the worst part about 'em!
    AlexisisinneedMoomintroll
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.