Skip to content

What's your best stat roll ever?

A few minutes ago I was rolling for my new Ranger/Cleric (I have severe restartitis) and this is what I pulled up:

I don't think I've ever rolled a 98 in thousands of rolls throughout my BG experience so I am super excited, the strength modifier could be better but I really can't complain too much.

What's your best roll ever, and what class was it with?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    103 on a Dragon Disciple was the best I got. I think it's more impressive to get around 90-96 on a class with low minimum stats though. I pretty much freaked out when I rolled a 98 on an assassin.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    102 on a blade, man that got me excited. My next highest was a 98 on a cavalier.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    99 on a Necromancer, with help of an auto-roller. 98 on a Diviner, without the auto-roller help.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    96 on human priest of tyr

not bad
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

Dices are jerks.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    100 on a paladin in IWD. Sort of cheating, though.

Fighters, mages, and thieves the highest was 88.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    I got few weeks ago a 95 with my fighter/thief, best roll ever for me because:
    - very low minimum
    - the strenght was 18/96
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    91 on a Mage/Thief.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Don't even remember but I've rolled alot higher on the ipad than on PC. Just started a new F/I gnome and rolled a 95 IIRC with 18:25 STR, so her stat line with the ring of charisma is (IIRC)
    18:25

I've had similar rolls for kensai druid (that took some time to get though due to the high demands from fighter to druid) and a blade. So I think my highest is around 95. On the Ipad, for some reason, it's super easy to get over 90. I know statistics and I know it shouldn't matter, but I consistently roll higher on ipad than on PC.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    I can't remember my highest on just clicking..I think 95 or so.

That being said nowadays I'll just use an autoroller if I feel obsessive about high rolls^^

It's abit funny though, since those handful of charisma, wisdom and intelligence related checks are mostly meaningless in the game..Pre SoD at least. And since I play warrior classes, even more so.

The Bg saga itself is just really bad at using those mental stats for anything roleplay related. We all know that, yet we still love the games^^
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    I rolled 97 but I can't remember what it was for. But I have 3 characters with 96, a Bard a Sorcerer and a DD

I'm not a great fan of high stat characters though. I think characters have more "character" when they have weaknesses and plausible stats.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    edited October 2016
    batoor said:

It's abit funny though, since those handful of charisma, wisdom and intelligence related checks are mostly meaningless in the game..Pre SoD at least. And since I play warrior classes, even more so.

The Bg saga itself is just really bad at using those mental stats for anything roleplay related. We all know that, yet we still love the games^^

That's one nice touch the author(s) of the Imoen Romance Mod included. I don't know if it actually opens new dialog trees, but what your character and Imoen say varies. Changes not only based on your class, but also your stats.

After a six month break from here, I don't recall how to do the fancy pants linking where the name is the hyperlink...so here you go <_<

http://www.imoen.blindmonkey.org
  • sazziesazzie Member Posts: 103
    i think my highest was 96 on my dragon disciple. i didnt know it could go above 100.

does anyone know what the highest option is? or is it dependent on class and race? i dont use any of the mods or programs to help but am curious as to what the highest is so i can prepare myself for countless rerolls until im close to that number
    @sazzie the highest you can go at character creation is 108. That's gonna be flat 18s, +/- 1 for racial modifiers.
  • sazziesazzie Member Posts: 103
    thank you @Pteran :) much appreciated.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    There are some races where negative adjustments are higher than positive so that their maximum is marginally lower than 108.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Indeed, halflings have 107 as a max while dwarves have 106. All the other races balance out.
  • ZilberZilber Member Posts: 253
    edited October 2016
    93 with 18/00 strength

The odd one, is that I rolled an 18/00 in pen and paper. Out of the five player characters that I ever made in 2nd.
    Post edited by Zilber on
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    My personal best was probably in the mid 80 range, and was the best because i did get it after very few rolls, maybe the 3td or 4th try. That is being very lucky imo.
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    96, on a paladin. Ofc, I misclicked Roll button and....it was gone. :)
  • OlderThan13YearsOlderThan13Years Member Posts: 79
    edited October 2016
    Today I rolled a 106 on a half elf, sorcerer (ok wasn't me but one of the 8 auto-rollers which ran simultaneously :D):

Using better hardware or more computers (my cpu cannot handle more than 8 or 10 instances of Baldur's Gate without slowing down the auto-rollers), it should be possible to get a perfect roll.

Btw. I guess it's time for a new playthrough...
    I think that with the new upgrade is not needed to use an autoroller for hours, i just use an in-game feature for have every stats as i like.
    I just use a "Mule" character with the stat books, then create a new party with the Mule and the character that i want to play with. Kick the Mule out from the party and voilà.
    I know that with an editor is easier but like this i don't feel like cheating (i know it's weird because i'm absoluting cheating).
  • OlderThan13YearsOlderThan13Years Member Posts: 79
    edited October 2016
    I am addicted and can't stop rolling till I get a random number generator output of 108. Pressing ctrl + 8 or editing saves isn't the same. It has to be a result of the ingame rolling process.

I am addicted and can't stop rolling till I get a random number generator output of 108. Pressing ctrl + 8 or editing saves isn't the same. It has to be a result of the ingame rolling process.

Yeah, i realized that talking about stats rolling everybody of us have a different way to think what is fun or not, and what is cheating or not.
    In a single player game only fun is important, i think.
    Anyway without a quantum computer i suppose that you will wait a loooong time before 108 ;)
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I think my best ever was 96 - I think it was on a pally or fighter.
    Best I ever had was a 98 on an Archer. Even had a legitimate 18/00. Too bad it was an Archer and didn't make use of the Strength <_<

Best roll besides that was somewhere between 94-96. I usually just settle for high 80s.
  • ZilberZilber Member Posts: 253

I wish there was a way you could roll the stats first, and then depending on what you rolled, chose the charname class.

It would be fun IMO, to look at a set of stats and then be able to think "ooh, that looks good for a fighter/mage/thief ect".

That would leave Paladibs and Dual classing mostly unused, if rolling 3d6 and keeping abilities.