Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Bugged opcode 261 restore lost spells has anyone else noticed this?

fortysevenfortyseven Member Posts: 64
edited October 2016 in Troubleshooting
Since EE was first released this opcode has not worked for priest level 7 spells and unfortunately no patch has managed to address this sofar. It manages to resotre level 9 mage spells and HLAs without any problems. Any ideas how this could be circumvented or if this bug is known/reported?

P.S. was I right to post this here or should this be in the modding forum?

Tresset

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 7,744
    edited October 2016
    Very interesting. I can confirm this issue with the opcode. Although nothing in the base game actually uses it to restore spells higher than level 5 it should be addressed I guess.

• fortysevenfortyseven Member Posts: 64
    I know this is a modding issue only. However, it has impacted my enjoyment of the game as I use a modded kit that makes significant use of it. In my example it is a priest that can recall spells automatically. Unfortunaltely whenever I cast a level 7 spell the quick spell menu stops working until I rest as it is desperately trying to restore the used spell but can't complete the action.

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,137
    The behavior of opcode 261 worsened even more as of the v2.0 patch, and was reported relatively quickly.
    Tresset said:

Very interesting. I can confirm this issue with the opcode. Although nothing in the base game actually uses it to restore spells higher than level 5 it should be addressed I guess.

Sadly, this is likely reducing its priority.

Tresset