Skip to content

Bugged opcode 261 restore lost spells has anyone else noticed this?

fortysevenfortyseven Member Posts: 96
edited October 2016 in Troubleshooting
Since EE was first released this opcode has not worked for priest level 7 spells and unfortunately no patch has managed to address this sofar. It manages to resotre level 9 mage spells and HLAs without any problems. Any ideas how this could be circumvented or if this bug is known/reported?

P.S. was I right to post this here or should this be in the modding forum?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited October 2016
    Very interesting. I can confirm this issue with the opcode. Although nothing in the base game actually uses it to restore spells higher than level 5 it should be addressed I guess.
  • fortysevenfortyseven Member Posts: 96
    I know this is a modding issue only. However, it has impacted my enjoyment of the game as I use a modded kit that makes significant use of it. In my example it is a priest that can recall spells automatically. Unfortunaltely whenever I cast a level 7 spell the quick spell menu stops working until I rest as it is desperately trying to restore the used spell but can't complete the action.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    The behavior of opcode 261 worsened even more as of the v2.0 patch, and was reported relatively quickly.
    Tresset said:

Very interesting. I can confirm this issue with the opcode. Although nothing in the base game actually uses it to restore spells higher than level 5 it should be addressed I guess.

Sadly, this is likely reducing its priority.