Skip to content

[v1.9] Sirene, a tiefling paladin of Ilmater NPC for BG2:EE

15678911»

Comments

• Alfre4uAlfre4u Member Posts: 41
    edited November 2022
    Hi,
    Now here comes my new issue: when I start in SOA (BG2EET) following my run through BG1EE and SOD and arrive at the Radiant Heart, I find Sirene not initiating any love talk, it's rather like the romance didn't happen before.

Can't/Have not confirmed but I am pretty certain like almost every companion from modded-base game that is just how it is.
    Its not really something that is ever carried over part tech wise part to avoid ""requiring"" playing passed titles.
    (You should have noticed this with the constant first greetings being 1. HEY ITS YOU REMEMBER ME? then immediately followed by choice 2. O hi, pretty lady who are you?...)

The only semi companions I have seen that are suppose too (still buggy and may not) are I think Neera and 1 the other new guys from the EE game.
    So I expect it is the same here, though idk still in SoD with her and have not looked into if creator decided and found way too do differently.
  • trebuszętrebuszę Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2022
    Howdy.
    Does anyone know if i can rush with Sirene to chapter 6 to rescue Imoen or the romance needs time to kick in, in chapter 2, 3 etc.

Thanks.
  • AsprosAspros Member Posts: 3
    Hi! First of all congratulations on a fantastic mod. I played thorugh BG1 and SoD with her and want to continue my relationship with her up to the Throne. I have a question, does this mod have romance music? I can't recall her music and don't know if it's a bug or if she doesn't have one.

If it's the second case and Sirene doesn't have a music track, how can I add one music track to her dialogs?

Thanks and sorry if my question has been asked before.

Thanks agains for her!
  • trebuszętrebuszę Member Posts: 46
    Fixed voice-set due being to loud. Already wav files, just drop to override folder.

• VicenVicen Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2023
    Does anyone know the command to prevent sirene from leaving you when talking with her? I am in an EET game and had my rep low to romance Shar-Teel in BG1. Now I have made it all the way to BG2 and when I try to interact with her she says something like "you have not changed your ways and I am leaving forever now" even though my rep is near max...I was able to talk to her quite a bit in siege of dragonspear expansion...but, everytime I try to talk to her in the SOA portion she immediately leaves...I tried to remove her from party and then add her again to no avail sadly. Anyone know if there is a variable I can edit in EEKeeper to prevent her from leaving?

EDIT - EDIT - if anyone ever runs into this problem themselves...all I had to do was change "C0SireneReputation" to "2" instead of the 1 or 0 it was at ( I forget) or change "C0SireneRepBreak" to 3 from 0 or 1 (not sure which one of these actually worked to fix it...but, it's fixed none the less and I can talk to her now)
    Post edited by Vicen on
  • AudacesAudaces Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2023
    [Edit: SOLVED]

First of all, congratulations on your amazing work - this mod and the others. They did refresh the game for me.

I recruited Sirene in BG1 and had a blast having her along. I planned to take her with me in BG2, but I can't install the mod. Attaching debug file - any chance someone could help me figure this out? Btw - I had to change the extension from .debug to .txt, otherwise couldn't attach it, but it's the same file I got after failed install.

Cheers!

Edit: Managed to solve it myself. I uninstalled the Martyr kit from Artisan Kitpack, and then Sirene installed all right. I really hope I can recruit her without starting a new game!
    Post edited by Audaces on
  • EscarcheEscarche Member Posts: 61
    I played through BG1 few times, had few failed attempts at BG2... pressured by upcoming BG3, I have finally completed my own first whole Trilogy Run, with Sirene in my party. She was amazing - made Siege of Dragonspear so much better with her banter and was really wholesome across BG2. I loved the culmination of the romance in ToB. Thank You very much!
  • Alfre4uAlfre4u Member Posts: 41
    Can never decide if she should kill her brother or not..
    (idc about gameplay effects)

Have yet too beat it with her so guess will just allow brother too live as its traditional too say the whole don't kill family, even though I also feel it good for her too forsake her zealous faith and be her own.
  • keukhemkeukhem Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2023
    Just finished an EET playthrough with Sirene in the party from Beregost to Dragonspear to the Throne of Bhaal, and felt the need to leave a post here. A wonderfully written and balanced NPC that blends in very well with the rest of the game. Lots of banter with other NPCs and much content of her own. Everything worked flawlessly with a ton of other mods installed, even comes with crossmod content where it wasn't expected.

I tried my best to go for the good god ending, but after her final romance talks, I did not have the heart to leave her behind in the end. Worth!

The only negative thing I can say is that a certain encounter in SoA was quite overtuned, and would have fit in better with ToB content, but you seem aware of this already. With enough preparation it still ended up being doable, so no biggie.

Well done! And as someone new to the BG modding scene I look forward to trying more of your work in future runs. Sirene will definitely be a part of those as well!
    Post edited by keukhem on
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    Any chance of adding the new BGEE Sirene portrait (with the hood) to BG2EE?

I really like it and would be good to have some portrait consistency through both games regarding Sirene. :smile: