Skip to content

[v1.9] Sirene, a tiefling paladin of Ilmater NPC for BG2:EE

Comments

• MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    Nice!!

*Some spoilers*

Btw Artemius did you consider perhaps to give Sirene a different conversations during her resurrection in the Illmater temple? To reflect how her standing is regarding her faith, as she can be persuaded by the player to see things a bit differently than expected a true follower of Illmater (and she even loses her class). So maybe her conversation in the dead realm with the PC could reflect her standing with her god.

Maybe even the way she returns to life could be a bit different.

Just an idea^^
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Mothor

You can thank the screwed up priority of writing order for that inconsistency. The anti-Bodhi kidnapping event was one of the first things written from how much I despise the vampirism subplot, while the alignment split was written, re-written, deleted then revived and only finished about a month before the first release. A lot of things were scrapped and CG-Sirene only barely made it in. I agree it's handled badly and needs to be changed, but I can't say when I'll find the energy to do it.
  • zilzmaerzilzmaer Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2017
    I just encountered the "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS" bug, on a conversation she initiated. It's the one that starts "(Sirene has been watching you closely as of late.)" I'm currently in chapter 3, using the latest version of the mod. After a few moments, she started the conversation again, and it seemed to work fine.

Edit: I've been enjoying the mod; so far, it seems Sirene is at least as polished as Neera, and I like Sirene more.
    @zilzmaer

Oh fie... why does this issue keep coming up no matter how many times I've said I took care of it... okay, one more time: I'll look into it again.
  • zilzmaerzilzmaer Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2017
    Hmm. Perhaps it didn't work fine; there was only a line or two after the (watching you closely), and then the conversation ended, without any option for player input. After playing for a while longer, it happened again, with the same opening line.

Edit: This time, after the bug, she started talking about Beregost. This leads me to believe that it's actually working this time, but we'll see.
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244

@Mothor

You can thank the screwed up priority of writing order for that inconsistency. The anti-Bodhi kidnapping event was one of the first things written from how much I despise the vampirism subplot, while the alignment split was written, re-written, deleted then revived and only finished about a month before the first release. A lot of things were scrapped and CG-Sirene only barely made it in. I agree it's handled badly and needs to be changed, but I can't say when I'll find the energy to do it.

I'm pretty sure that Sirine would appreciate it if you did. :)

Hoping that you find the time to do it someday. :)

Btw, speaking of which is there some difference in the endings regarding Sirine's alignment or/and whether her quests were finished?
    There are actually small variations in the dream-Fugue Plane dialogue depending on her alignment. There should be more, but I don't know if I'll ever get around to adding it. I have several other projects that need to see the light of day that I want to devote what time I have towards. I don't want to say I've moved on but at the moment I'm not eager to make major changes to the writing.

There are quite a few epilogues in total. Her alignment affects some of them, but the main romance epilogues remain the same regardless of alignment. There is one unique epilogue for LG-Sirene for a romanced PC that ascends.
  • TrescaTresca Member Posts: 4
    can I get a walkthrough for Sirene on bg2 please? I have her installed on a EET game and she wont spawn on her own. I can spawn her with the console. Also when I meet the Illmater camp of priests nothing happens after the introduction and he says hes fallen. So I'm unsure if things are working right or not. I can spawn Sirene with both c0sirene and c02sirene but only the second one has the equipment. If you want logs and such youll have to tell me how to get them as its been so long ive forgotten how to do that. Lastly how do I get a love talk to trigger or properly advance time just to make sure I'm doing it right. Awesome mod so far an no bugs in the baldurs gate or dragonspear portions.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited February 2017
    @Tresca, I think I know where the problem lays when it comes to her spawning. Looks like BG2 version of the mod uses the same "C0SireneSpawns" global variable that has been already set during BG:EE portion of the game. For now please use this console code to reset this variable:
    C:SetGlobal("C0SireneSpawns","GLOBAL",0)
    You will find her in the Order of the Radiant Heart.

I will check variables in both versions of the mod to see if there are any other conflicting ones and make a Github pull request if needed.
    Whats supposed to happen in the Illmater camp? The first conversation with the fallen priest still ends after he says hes fallen. Just feels like Sirene would say something there is all. Also Sirene hasn't commented on any of the 3 bhaalspawn/Irenicus dreams Ive had. Though I got her after Id already had the first one. Is that an issue? Does anyone know the variables to properly advance the romance or make it trigger love talks? Ill keep playing and see what happens.
    I've exported all global variables from both mods and here are conflicting ones:

C0SireneDorn
    C0SireneDornConflict
    C0SireneDornConflictTimer
    C0SireneJoined
    C0SireneLowRep
    C0SireneMatch
    C0SireneNeera1
    C0SireneRasaad1
    C0SireneRepBreak
    C0SireneSpawns
    Let's wait for @Artemius_I to see if they need to be reset after SoA transition (other than C0SireneSpawns that should be changed to AREA variable rather than GLOBAL). Can't answer your other questions Tresca, since I'm not familiar with this mod content.
    Fair enough swift and thanks for the help
    Think I found the issue. Once shes in the party according to near infinity her dialogue goes way back. Its set to her thanking me for saving people in the mines. I'm guessing its saving the cloakeood miners in bg1 and not the nashkel mines. Does anyone know how to set her to bg2 dialogue? Her greeting in the taidiantheart an spawn point are both correct and ive even run into the flower girl.

Sincerely
    Tresca
    @Tresca, it may be related to EET compatibility code. I will need more detailed info to reproduce it locally. PM sent.
    @Tresca @swit

My apologies for not giving a response for so long...

Mmm, this sort of thing is what I was afraid of when EET-compatibility was brought up... maybe I'll try and install EET on a separate version of my game and try and test things myself.
    edited February 2017
    @Artemius_I, I can test it since I already have installation with both Sirene mods installed. The problem is that I don't have save that could be used to reproduce it (that contains BG:EE version of Sirene in GAM). Above mentioned problem with spawning and not reset variables is already fixed on your Github (see the pull requests). Once @Tresca send me proper save I will check that Illmater camp section he mentioned. In NI dialogues looks exactly as they should.
  • MasterteoMasterteo Member Posts: 111
    edited February 2017
    i can't install your NPCs and many others, because the installers always tell me :

Sys_error<".\\lang\\en_us\\dialog.tlk: Permission denied">

I have windows 7 and i already checked that i run the program as administrator and i can write and read folders.

Some npcs like Yasraena works fine, other npcs like yours always give me this error during installation
    edited February 2017
    @Masterteo, try resetting your computer and install again. If it doesn't work try moving whole BG2:EE directory somewhere outside Program Files (if you have the game installed there). This problem means that weidu can't access dialog.tlk and it's unrelated to this mod. I've just installed it without problems on BG2:EE.
    @swit , but if i move the folder in another place my game will keep working or would i need to restart ?

Anyway, thank you. I'll try it now
    edited February 2017
    @Masterteo, it will still work, no need to restart. Move it either to C: or even better to another partition.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Masterteo said:

@swit , but if i move the folder in another place my game will keep working or would i need to restart ?

You should copy it and leave the original in place. You won't be able to run the copy from the Steam or GOG client, you'll need to run from the .exe directly. I usually right click on the baldur.exe (or siegeofdragonspear.exe) and "Send To" desktop to create a new shortcut.
    Can't install Sirene nor Pai'na mod for errors shown in the file in the attachment
    edited February 2017
    @Masterteo, again doesn't seem to be related to the mod. "Type mismatch in Face (...)" means that for some reason weidu can't access DIR.IDS to correctly convert text into integer. Sounds like a local problem with computer/system (HDD problems, maybe some antivirus is blocking weidu, installing in system protected directory like Program Files etc., things like that).
    BillyYank said:

Masterteo said:

You should copy it and leave the original in place. You won't be able to run the copy from the Steam or GOG client, you'll need to run from the .exe directly. I usually right click on the baldur.exe (or siegeofdragonspear.exe) and "Send To" desktop to create a new shortcut.
    Indeed, even though the game is DRM free those clients would still point to old directory so new shortcut would be needed. Alternatively he could install mods outside Program Files and later move the whole game directory back if needed.
    Post edited by swit on
    How could it be ?
    Yasraena , Taisha , Sheena npc mods have a setup that works fine.
    Unfinished buisness , bg2tweaks have working setups too.
    edited February 2017
    And yet you are the only person that reported such issue here. I can't reproduce it either on clean BG2:EE. Maybe those mods you mentioned uses commands with Face parameter typed as integer instead of string (which shouldn't really matter since weidu is able to automatically convert those via DIR.IDS) so they don't produce the same error.

Just to be sure - you are using fully patched game, right? Latest patch is v2.3.67.3. I think v1.0 version of BG:EE didn't have DIR.IDS at all IIRC, so worth checking out.

Also maybe your BG2:EE installation is broken (some BIF files may be corrupted). Try re-downloading the game.
    just to be sure, do you know where to download the latest patch ?
    Just to be really sure.
    edited February 2017
    I'm using Beamdog releases that are already patched when you download them. Not sure how it's handled in Steam and GoG versions. As for the game version you can check it in the main screen:
    http://i.imgur.com/yynfs3y.jpg
    A user at SHS brought these two ToB romance related script bugs to my attention. I'll have a patch for them soon, but for emergency fixes, the console can be used as stated below.

edited March 2017
    If there are any other bugs found by other users of the mod please let me know immediately.
    v1.5 - Fixed repeating talks mentioned above.