Skip to content

Shapeshifting.. What the ****

RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
Since when did shapeshifting ability create token-like weapons, whose names and descriptions are completely out of order?

And since when did Earth elemental shape-shifting deal slashing damage and not crushing damage?

Comments

• PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    I feel like your install got borked by mods. Install anything new recently? What do you have installed?
    RelSundanThacoBellJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    You have SCS installed. Specifically, the component that improves shapeshifting. The descriptions are screwed up because something's wrong with your install; your dialog.tlk file has some incorrect strings.

A reinstall might be able to sort them out, in which case the item descriptions would explain the stats that each shapeshifting token gives you.
    RelSundanPteranJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    edited November 2016
    I keep telling others to read the readme when I don't do so myself. Kinda figured.

My second question, should it really use slashing damage?
    CrevsDaak
    Yup. Don't know why, but it does.
    CrevsDaak
    Pteran said:

The earth elemental is made of very sharp rocks ;)

Still, makes more sense if he would just use his weight rather than fighting like Drizzt.
    CrevsDaak
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    This component was a workaround to an issue in the original game with the forms' natural weapons being dispelled. It's not necessary in the EE.
    semiticgoddessCrevsDaak
    It was also done to make shapeshifting more convenient, because switching to another form counted as a spell and therefore slowed down your spellcasting, making Shapeshifters in particular much less flexible.

It was also a major buff to enemy druids, who aren't much of a challenge without SCS.
    CrevsDaak
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited November 2016
    RelSundan said:

I keep telling others to read the readme when I don't do so myself. Kinda figured.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!!!! It does SLASHING damage?! CLEARLY a bug. It should REALLY do ELECTRICAL damage! :trollface:
    semiticgoddessDragonKingCrevsDaak
    Tresset said:

RelSundan said:

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!!!! It does SLASHING damage?! CLEARLY a bug. It should REALLY do ELECTRICAL damage! :trollface:
    That could make sense.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezoelectricity
    CrevsDaak
    Tresset said:

RelSundan said:

As much as I appreciate irony and sarcasm, I feel very strong vibes of "What an idiot, lol!!" coming from that post. Not sure I like it.
    I'm fairly certain @Tresset was just being silly. The slashing damage is probably an oversight.
    TressetRelSundanDragonKingCrevsDaak
    edited November 2016
    @RelSundan Yeah, I am indeed just being silly. I, too, find it odd that the elemental does slashing. Sorry if I gave a different impression, that was certainly not my intent.
    RelSundansemiticgoddessCrevsDaak
    Tresset said:

@RelSundan Yeah, I am indeed just being silly. I, too, find it odd that the elemental does slashing. Sorry if I gave a different impression, that was certainly not my intent.

Aye, I thought you meant it like it was obvious that it should be slashing damage. No worries! :smile:
    TressetCrevsDaak
    The slashing damage looks to be an issue with the mod. In an unmodded game the elemental does indeed do crushing damage.
    RelSundanCrevsDaak
    edited November 2016
    Strange.. I don't see why SCS would change that? I believe crushing damage would be sweeter. 20-40 damage per hit on a decent Thac0 is not so promising for a HLA. The neat thing with HLA EE is that it has 100% resistance to all melee damages.

I think it's supposed to be 50%. The description says as much, if you have the correct strings for it.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Pteran said:

The earth elemental is made of very sharp rocks ;)

@Pteran
    Than...shouldn't that be impaling damage?