Skip to content

Duplicating Cooks

Im playing bg2EE multiplayer with a friend. It appears that the Cook in the Saerk Farrahd's Estate in Bridge District have gone totally bananas, she duplicate herself when fleeing from us. At first i thought this was no big dealio but there is now a whole army in Tradesmeet! High Watcher Oisig have also duplicated himself in Temple district a few times, and Rejiek Hidesman have appeared 2-3 times. Is there a fix for this? We have been playing for weeks now and it would be such a shame if it ends like this...

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Unfortunately it's a persistent bug across several patches (including the current version) that characters will sometimes replicate in inappropriate places for no apparent reason. It happens in both single-player and multi-player, and (so far as I know) it can happen randomly to any character. (For example, in my current BG2ee run, I've got a spurious instance of High Watcher Oisig standing outdoors in the Government district, and several Harlots who ought to be in the Docks district are wandering around the Slums.)

When they're unimportant background characters, you can usually just ignore them and proceed with the game. However, if this happens to a character who is important to the plot, then perhaps it might have more serious consequences.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Editing the affected SAV file via NearInfinity or DLTCEP to remove duplicated creatures will help, otherwise they are likely to increase in numbers as time goes on. Zip and attach a save here if you require help.

Thanks
    JuliusBorisovTarekzan
  • TarekzanTarekzan Member Posts: 3
    Hello! Sorry for not answering! Busy working and had lost hope fixing this.

Gallowglass, All Rejik Hidesmans are hostile and immortal for some reason. I guess it has something with him fleeing in Bridge District and in the quest chain, is not supposed to die there. And the army of cooks, which are also hostile, grants minus in reputation when they are killed so it's come to a point where it is truly unplayable im afraid :/.

Gate70, I thought the same and started killing of cooks so they didn't multiply and planned to fix the reputation loss with Shadow Keeper/ EE Keeper, but then i discovered the Rejiks...
    I found some threads which led to editing savefiles with NearInfinity, i downloaded it but couldn't fix it myself, i really tried :(. I would greatly appreciate if you could! I upload the savefile!

http://www.filedropper.com/000000099-damncooks
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited November 2016
    Done. Cook, Rejiek and Oisig removed. There were 2other potential duplications but hard to tell whether they are genuine or dupes (pheasant and a named child which might actually be a generic child that was named). I left both of those as-is.
    JuliusBorisov
  • TarekzanTarekzan Member Posts: 3
    Okay! Thanks a bunch Gate70! You're a real gamesaver :smiley:
    JuliusBorisov
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Yes indeed, @Gate70 has saved the day for many players who have run into various glitches, he's a hero to many of us.
    JuliusBorisov
  • CrayuteCrayute Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    I sorry to ressurect a thread but having the same problem and can't figure out NearInfinity, I don't think I can direct message you Gate70 but would love some instructions or help if you're willing!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CrevsDaak
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    edited March 2017
  • CrayuteCrayute Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    I did not thank you so much @JuliusBorisov and @Gate70 !!!!
    JuliusBorisov