Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, its quite nice to see that things are going on pretty smoothly so far. But unlike Krell Korgath has to work a bit more for it even though traps and backstabbing are also very powerful. Korgath started infilitrating Maevars guild - an update will follow soon. Hopefully! :D

P.S. Lol @chimaera! The game is always good for suprises - even after several playthroughs. No? :D
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736

Sorry for the late reply:
    Yes at least on my install (BWS + SCS on the latest BGEE patch) having any of the touch spells in a sequencer (you can't cast while polymorphed) or using a scroll will dispel your polymorph form completely, you don't just lose the weapons but the appearance and all benefits of the polymorph.

That sounds like SCS (or possibly SR? I forgot) changing the shapeshift mechanics to store all the effects, including paperdoll, on the form's natural weapon as "while equipped" - which gets overwritten by touch spell's magic slot weapon. The intent was either to fix some bad bug in vanilla shapeshifting mechanic or something else equally reasonable.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    @Blackraven, I suspect your prayers will be answered :p.
    Keep on going @Grond0 - would be very cool to see Frey hunting through SoD! ;)

Yeah, indeed very cool @Blackraven - Norgath, Korgath. Hehe. Reloads needed? Not really. So far things are working pretty smoothly. But this may change soon - we will see! :D
    Finally its done @Grond0 - superb! Time to storm through SoD like there is no tomorrow! :D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Sorry @Grond0 ... Yep, that first dungeon is very brutal on LoB. Sitting on the exit point is pretty much the only way to go for a sorcerer I can think of. With my fighter, I only got through because I had spare Scrolls of Protection from Undead lying in my backpack. Otherwise, it would have been a reset. And using those scrolls is not such a good option for a sorcerer, because you would need to rest to have your spells back, thus removing the protection from the scroll...
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992

Good progress @Arctodus! But why fighting all Crusaders? No Badge to decieve them? Seems you like to walk the painful path! :D

Well, I'm playing SoD completely blind (not looking at any walkthrough). That's the kind of mistakes I'm bound to make. Well, to be honest, almost blind ; I do use the knowledge I got from your runs... :p

Oh, have you fought buffed up Rigah in a fair 1vs1?

Not yet, but that's something I totally plan to do !!
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    edited March 2017
    @Harpagornis , what are you backstabbing with in SoA? Quarterstaffs/THS, or still going with long swords/SWS (I noticed you earlier snagged the Blade of Roses in the Copper Coronet)?

That +4 staff at Ribald's is decent, and since a higher + than the Blade of Roses, this together with the bonuses for crushing damage versus armored opponents may help THACO further and reduce missing, at least somewhat for certain types of opponents. With a thief, every little bit of THACO helps :)
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, Korgath uses mostly the Quarterstaff +4 for backstabbing but its still good enough for several misses against heavy armored foes. Dual Wielding with Belm is mostly used for paralyzed enemies when i am getting too lazy for the retreat + backstab stuff. Dual Wielding will shine later once Assassination and Improved Haste (and Time Stop Trap) are available! ;)

EDIT: Cool to see you back in action @Victor_Creed_SFV! The end of part 28 was quite... well... striking! >:)
    Post edited by Harpagornis on