Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• FirecrowFirecrow Member Posts: 94
    edited March 2018
    Grond0 said:

I don't remember anyone trying that - why don't you give it a go? :)

I want to try this, but not right now. I must complete my solo druid HoF run in Tactics4IWD2 first.)
    Grond0 said:

I believe so, yes.

Not good. I figured about 12/38 dualclass in particular because of good dispel ability.
    Post edited by Firecrow on
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317
    edited March 2018

Also I can learn 2x Fireballs for another 24 average saved damage, which brings total potential average saved damage to 540. Now this is easily enough for all the minions if I can hit them at the same time, which I don't think is the case because Angelo is always in different place. So I may have to kite Angelo with a bow.

Diarmid 395 hp (spell 5)
    Semaj 239 hp (spell -1)
    Tazok 374 hp (spell -4)

Angelo 305 hp (spell 0)

Sarevok 830 hp (spell -4)

Sarevok can't be killed before all of his minions are dead, and he loses his MR 25 and regen 25% everytime one of his four minions die. But because I've to also fight skelis, he will most likely regen any damage dealt before all of his minions are dead. With average luck this should leave him around 670 hp when I go bow on him. Which will be very hard because in my install, he has Haste ring which can't be dispelled, and with Oil of Speed I get just a small speed advantage.

EDIT: Is Sarevok supposed to have the Haste ring, and if yes why does he drink Oil of Speed when it does nothing?

@histamiini I can't remember if anyone has any permanent fire resistance (presumably you will wait out temporary effects). You will need to take account of healing potions as well though.

I've never played an install in which Sarevok's haste can't be dispelled. I have though kited him on equal speed terms - that's perfectly doable (so long as you're using a fast weapon), though it does require concentration over a long period. You will be able to get a bit of free damage I would expect from summon scrolls. By using malison and web and running around in that you could also get the odd chance for a free attack / magic missile scroll.
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,437
    edited March 2018
    @Grondo Only Sarevok has permanent 40 elemental resistances, others have nothing. Those hp's are with health potions, I think there's just only two. Hakt's longbow has speed factor 5 and with 4 apr I should get first shot in 0.75 seconds I think? I should also aquire and save all possible invisibility potions for the fight so I can get breaks.

EDIT: It shouldn't take that long to kite Sarevok even from 830 hp (-5 AC).

Thac0
    14 Base
    12 Heroism 2h
    5 2x Mind Focusing 12h
    4 Proficiency
    1 The Dead Shot
    0 Acid Arrows

With the Dead Shot and Long Bow **, Acid arrows do 12,7 average damage to Sarevok taking his Acid Resistance into account, and with 4/5 hits I'll need only 830hp/(0.8*12,7dmg) about 82 shots on average. The fight is looking much more manageable now.
    Post edited by histamiini on
    @histamiini I thought you were planning a run just with scrolls? Have you decided that's not realistic?
    edited March 2018
    @Grond0 I meant the Favored of Bhaal with just scrolls, and weapons. Scrolls only I don't think there's enough damage there.
    edited March 2018

Preparations are coming along nicely, I've set 250 Skull Traps for Sendai, Sarevok and another 250 Skull Traps for Abazigal, Illasera and Gromnir. Still 150 Skull Traps for Melissan to go, which will make the grand total of 650 Skull Traps, which is about 800 less than last time. I can cast 6 Project Images, who all can cast 6 Skull Traps, so overall I can cast 42 Skull Traps for a single rest. This will make the total preparation time about 1,5 hours, although I also need to rest every time Trabb rests because it's so boring.

@histamiini In BG2:EE Sim can't cast a Sim or a Project Image more? In old BG I could create a chains of {sim cast sim} and every Sim could cast PI, every PI could cast Sim once more. It was possible to cast several hundreds of Skull Traps from one rest by using this multiplication. Also Sims cast by Sims was just copies, without level drain.
    edited March 2018
    @Firecrow No, only one copy at any time. I think there's enough of scrolls of Simulacrum, Project Image and Skull Traps, to cast one time almost 600 or so with just one rest. This of course if you don't use SCS remove Sim quick slot component.
    @histamiini thanks for clarifying.)

@Grond0 I meant the Favored of Bhaal with just scrolls, and weapons. Scrolls only I don't think there's enough damage there.

@histamiini I was confused because you were referring to various potions (mind focusing, heroism and invisibility), so presumably that would make it an Archmage run?
    edited March 2018
    @Grond0 Weapons, potions and protection scrolls are free in the challenge. ;)

@Grond0 Weapons, potions and protection scrolls are free in the challenge. ;)

Right - I did say my memory wasn't good, didn't I :/. I think that was a rule change when @Harpagornis was feeling uncharacteristically generous. That does mean though that possibly I didn't actually need to resort to wands after all when trying Frey out recently - maybe I'll try him as the Chosen one next time ...
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    I am always generous as long as there is no Mage or Sorcerer around @Grond0! >:)

Its good to see that you are still having fun with the Blades & Stars Challenge while i am trying to adapt some Grondo rules to Blackguards. No healing is really funny... :D

By the way: My old compagnion @Vynn has finally managed to beat BG1+SoD+BG2 with a Totemic Druid using poverty and no-reload rules. Thats quite awesome. But as he admits ToB will be the toughest nut to crack. We will see... ;)

Good luck with your upcoming runs @Grond0 and @histamiini. Chosing scrolls only sounds like a lot of fun... :D
    edited March 2018
    Natural has been on steady, but slow course.

First did the collection run, Tanya's Bowl and Drage, lv up
    Shoal, 54 arrows, double lv up, Flail *
    Vitiare, 3x Invisibility potions
    Hentold, 1x Invisibility potion, lv up to 3/3
    Samuel
    Joias Ring, 30 arrows
    Albert
    Drienne
    Ingot, 68 arrows
    Picked up CHA and CON tomes with invisibility
    Mellicamp wolf, 30 arrows
    Was able to melee skeli with -2 AC, 17k gold + jewels which I'm not selling
    Bought 360 acid arrows with 15k and Composite Bow +1
    With Korax cleared the Mutamin garden, except the warriows, 140 acid arrows, quadruble lv up to 5/5
    Durlag's Tower roof Basilisks, 120 acid arrows
    Kirinhale, lv up, Flail **
    Girdle Ogre
    Double Ogrillons
    Tarnesh, Shield, Armor, Resist Fear, done
    Ardrouine wargs, bought another 120 acid arrows for 4400 gold
    Helped the Dryadd, 20/20 economy
    Picked up Ghost Armor, Dire Charm and body from Ankheg cave
    Killed Zombies in the farm, which really wasn't worth the trouble, 10k gold
    Bought 4 INT and Mind Focusing potions, had a spell learning session and learned all spells available
    Polar Bear, 50 arrows
    Gnar and Hairtooth, 40 arrows
    Mad Archand and Carrion 15 acid arrows
    Ulcasted school looted and gave the book to Ulcaster.

Dire Charmed Meilum and tried to feed him to the Kobbos, but charm ended before he was killed. I then lured him to Bentan. Blinded Bentan, hit him with acid arrows, Dire Charmed him, and Meilum then finished him for the PfM scroll. I then started kiting Meilum, who didn't want any of that and went onto a corner to hide. I then casually peppered him with arrows. Anyone know what's up with that?

I've been struggling for quite a while now, because I'm having trouble finding things to do. Without any summons I really have to think every encounter out and it's slow business. First Monster Summon I scroll is in the Baldur's Gate, and Durlag's Tower Monster Summon II scroll is no help, because I'm 48k xp from 4th level spells. On the other hand it feels really fresh to have so much trouble at the beginning. Maybe trying to farm Ankhegs next...
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Firecrow said:

I must complete my solo druid HoF run in Tactics4IWD2 first.)

Good choice! I'm currently doing the same run with a solo sorcerer/cleric/monk, with the extra HoF bonuses from Tactics on top. Do you have the improved shapeshifting component installed? I've always loved those half-dragon forms.

On a related note, I've started creating a mod for IWD2 that's designed to fix the numerous power imbalances in the game. Currently, though, it only does one thing: it allows the player to skip all the lengthy side quests of Dragon's Eye as well as Lord Pyros' Domain.

As far as LoB caster levels go, all enemy spellcasters get +12 to all of the class levels. In practical terms, that means enemies will have a 100% chance of dispelling your buffs, while you have a 0% chance of dispelling theirs, until you approach the level cap in BG2 (or earlier, if you're an Inquisitor or bard).

Potions and item-based effects are still just as easy to dispel in LoB mode, since they default to an effective caster level of 10. That's why it's still possible to remove Sarevok's haste in LoB mode.
    edited March 2018
    @histamiini did you not take find familiar as a starting spell? With your alignment that would give you a pseudo-dragon, which is quite handy as a fighting summons in itself. In addition using it as an invisible blocker gives you the opportunity to take out loads of enemies at no cost (other than time - as I type this I'm 8 hours of game time into attacking a nearly-dead battle horror using a non-proficient staff :D).
    edited March 2018

Firecrow said:

Good choice! I'm currently doing the same run with a solo sorcerer/cleric/monk, with the extra HoF bonuses from Tactics on top. Do you have the improved shapeshifting component installed? I've always loved those half-dragon forms.
    I tried this, but found new forms overpowered a bit. Tactics "not so difficult" with it. So i don't use this component of Easy-of-Use mod in my run, I think improved elemental forms from Tactics core a good enough already. But I install extended spell list for druid. This does not facilitate really difficult places, but adds diversity to gameplay. Nevetheless, the new shapeshifting very interesting, becouse author of mod was able to make the forms abilities dependence from HoF/Normal modes. On HoF new forms get almost whole HoF bonus. I want to add this feature to classic druid shapeshifting. Also want add some of slightly nerfed new forms (Ancient Wyvern, Will-o'-the-Wisp, Elder Dark Treant, Elemental Half-Dragon), but make it received for quests, like Thay Mages tatu feats or bonuses for disposing Guardian/Six.

Firecrow said:

As far as LoB caster levels go, all enemy spellcasters get +12 to all of the class levels. In practical terms, that means enemies will have a 100% chance of dispelling your buffs, while you have a 0% chance of dispelling theirs, until you approach the level cap in BG2 (or earlier, if you're an Inquisitor or bard).
    Thanks.)
    Post edited by Firecrow on
    edited March 2018
    @Grond0 I did take it, but I've never risked it using as a tank before so it didn't even pass my mind. :D It did provide me some help to advance finally.

Tried farming ankhegs which didn't go as planned, at all. Turns out you can't range them without a tank. Wasted two PfA's to kill one ankheg, but got a lv up. Went to Durlag's tower and kited all the levels from Ghasts (17). Looted all the levels to the Warders with invisibility and completed three of the four Warders. After selling all the loot, bought another 240 acid arrows and still had 22k gold (+ jewells). Bought also 3x Potion of Magic blockings and traded Twinkle to Flail +1. Time for Bassilus.

Ghost Armor, PfE, Mirror, Minor Spell Deflection, Speed and started hitting him with arrows. His first spell hit me and cancelled my MSD, but I was able to then on interrupt all his spells, and didn't have to use any of the back up potions. Minor Spell Deflection, and attacked Borda with the help of pseudo-dragon, again her first spell hit me, but after that he didn't cast anything. I had to pull my familiar off one point as it was near death, but eventually she went down. Now that I got Web, it was time to get main guest rolling and meet Mulahey.

Invisibility to Mulahey, Web, waited held, Blinded after second try, waited Web out, Dire Charmed and fed to the Kobbos. Nimbul was killed by Rasaad and the guards. Bandit camp next and Hakts bow.
    @histamiini you can use the same web + blindness tactics you used on Mulahey for the ankhegs - if you go invisible as soon as they surface they will stay above ground as long as they don't see any enemies.
    edited March 2018
    @Grond0 Nice one, that helped me to get to the level cap, 7/7, 106 hp, 4th lv spells and 4 apr bow with Haste.

Tranzig, Minor Spell Deflection and level skipped his spells out, then kited him. Bandit Camp, charmed Taurgoz and led him to the woods, invisibility and looted the tent, also looted tent 4 for the first Fireball scroll. Left, rested, invisibility, back, and charmed Hakt for the Dead Shot bow. Rested and charmed Taurgoz for his loot. Rested and thought of charming Venkt, but there was too many archers to risk it. Farmed ankhegs with Invisibility + Web + Blind combo and got the last level. Time to go to mines. Skipped Cloakwood with invisibility, and escaped both SCS waylays, just picked up the Potion of Invulnerability from Laskal. Skipped Drasus, and got Hareishan with charm, which meant I also got Haste. Next is Davaeorn which should be interesting with just one Monster Summon II spell.
    edited March 2018
    Well Davaeorn was interesting, with charmed guard lured one Battle Horror onto me, but quickly concluded I was too weak with just one summon. After escaping and resting, I thought it some more, and came up a shortcut. Charmed the guard again and now I lured both Battle Horrors to the last room, where's the guard was positioned to the crossroad, drank invisibility potion and left the Battle Horror's there. Went to the big room and charmed the guard from there, luckily with first try. Invisibility, and commanded the guard to attack Davaeorn, who continued smacking him even after the charm ended. After some time he got Davaeorn unconsious, and I then provided the final blow. Lastly kited the guard and looted the place. Finally made to Baldur's Gate, and with 69k gold it's time to do some shopping.

So two Dire Charms is enough for Davaeorn, no summons needed, although it may take some time before also the second charm works on the guard.
    edited March 2018
    Bought all I could with 69k, all arrows of detonation and dispel, all useful potions and scrolls. Also getting summons, Natural was back in business as usual. Did the guests for Scar, Ogre Mage took an arrow to his face. Sunin took summons, 2x Magic Blocking and some level skipping, got the second Ring of Wizardy. Did some sweeping in the west side of town, looting everything and mapping all the potions and scrolls for the future runs. Came across Wand of Polymorph, I had forgot that even existed, seems pretty powerful and useful for another run. Ragefast, potion of insight and he gave up the Nymph, I then web killed him. Ramazith needed only 1x Magic Blocking. Naaman webbed, blinded and casually hit with arrows as no one else agroed. Did the same for Alai, although Gardush agroed also, so I left, came back and charmed Alai, who then was killed by the assassins. Got PfU, Minor Sequencer, another Fireball, and some other loot. Didn't bother with the rest.

Pause, invisibility trick passed the Ogre Mage Waylay to the Candlekeep. Looted the place, got Invisiblity 10' for killing Shistal's dobbelganger. Rieltar, Web + Blind + Charm combo and lured him out, shot down and no-one else agroed, the same for the rest of them. Catacombs, PfP, Defense, Speed, Cloud and 15x Healing potions was enough for four Phase Spiders at the same time. Looted the place. Sakul Web Blinded and casually killed for his stuff, didn't bother with others. After selling all the loot I had 50k again, and awful lot of jewels, I've a hunch this will be the richest run ever.

Slythe, 2x Mind Focusing, Invulnerability, Speed, Invisibility and hasted summons attacked Slythe. Lured Slythe away, hit him with dispel arrow and got him near death before my summons were done. Then he started chasing me and I had to run and shoot all the way to the harbor before I got the last shot in.

Came back for Krystin as I still had my Mind Focusing on, and after 2x Detect Invisibility scrolls and 3x Dispel arrows she was dead meat, got the last Skull Trap scroll. Next is the Palace Ambush, where I need to waste some of my scrolls I think.
    edited March 2018
    Noticed yet another problem in EET-install, as it's done with BG2-engine, max DEX Thac0 bonus is only 5 instead of 7. I think I'm already over 10 problems or so, which isn't good. When 2.5 comes I don't plan to install EET.

Anyway Palace ambush, and I still had my Mind Focusing on, even though I had rested. First and last Animated Dead-scroll, Invul, Speed, Blur, Mirror, Monster I,I,II, Haste, and activated the battle making Liia invisible. Made everyone attack the shaman, PfM'd the mage and then dispelled all with few arrows. Then it was just targeting first the shaman, then the assassin, then greater ones and lastly the mage who could do nothing. Before killing the mage I used my last two Monster I scrolls, Sarevok spawned, and guickly escaped. Only one guard survived with one health bar, but I don't think it was close one. Looted the whole palace first time ever, omg the amount of loot, probably close to 40k. And also discovered that in the cellar there's another 10 dispel arrows, making the fixed total at least 87 in BG1.

But there's still a lot of stuff to do, Lendarn in Firewine, Ice Island and Durlag's Goblet, and I still plan to sweep the other half of the city, for everything.
    edited March 2018
    Ice Island was basic challenge for Natural, first three mages spent from spells with level skipping and then hunted down. Rest were Web Blinded and hunted down. Got Stoneskin and second last Fireball scroll. Firewine ruins, passed all the kobbos with invisibility, and killed one kobbo at the end because he was on my line of sight. Lendarn was then Web Charmed and killed by the Ogre Mage himself. Got the last Cloudkill and Fireball scrolls. Activated Wardens and drank invisibility potion, hit love with a detonation arrow to get him moving. But he moved to deeper in the dungeon, so I hit him again and he came back to the main hall. Then with couple Magic Blocking potions I lured him into the entrance level and rested. 2x Mind Focusing, Defense, 2x Potion of Magic Protection, Speed, summons and started hittng Love with arrows and then remembered you can't hit him with arrows, because he has Physical Mirror which reflects arrows. Quickly drank Storm potion and switched to melee, and after 5 extra healing potions he was done. Got the Goblet.

Sweeped rest of the Baldur's Gate city for anything intetersting, Tamoko was 2x Web Blinded and killed during the webbing. And I think I'm ready to face Sarevok, I mean I'm already swimming in potions. I've found,

37x Oil of Speed
    31x Invisibility potions
    10x Mind Focusing
    10x Magic Blocking
    10x Magic Protection
    16x Invulnerability
    12x Defense
    14x Heroism
    3x Power
    4x Storm
    4x Clarity

I have so many Heroism and Power potions that I could probably change tactic, get 300 hp and tank everything with Durlag's Goblet.

91 Dispel Arrows (found 4 more in BG NE store)
    62 Detonation Arrows (Rahvin has 2 more but I'm not going to bother with it)

I also have all the AoE damage scrolls for the event, although I'll probably try to save the Skull Traps for later,

10x Fireball (175 average saved damage)
    3x Cloudkill (165 average damage)
    7x Skull Traps (122,5 average saved damage)
    1x Ice Storm (36 average damage)

Some other usefull scrolls

1x Monster I
    4x Monster II
    1x Monster III
    1x Spider Spawn
    6x PfU
    5x PfM

I don't think I'll get more ready than this.
    edited March 2018
    Natural Redux, Favored of Bhaal vs Bhaal Pretender.

Invisibility, in, saw Sarevok, backed out and waited two hours for spell protections to end. Detect Invisibility revealed all, interestingly Angelo was at the door. Possibly because I was slow backing off without speed potion. 2x Mind Focusing, Clarity, Defense, Speed, Monster I,I,II spells and started attacking Angelo, used few Dispel arrows to dispel his protections, and then after few acid arrows he was dead. The same go killed the Skeleton Warrior. Didn't have to waste any summon scrolls.

Greater Malison, 10x Fireball scrolls, Greater Malison, Ice Storm scroll and Semaj got dead.

3x Cloudkills, and skeli then attacked me, 2x Monster II and Spider scrolls was enough for it. Tazok and Diarmid got killed almost at the same time during the smoke.

With invisibility lured the last skelis out, used my last Monster II, III scrolls, and then kited them out with acid arrows. At this point everything went like a clockwork, was only hit once by a skeli. With Speed attacked Sarevok, and quickly concluded that kiting was out. In my installation he's two fast with that undispellable haste ring against just speed potion, and he still had 806 hp left. Change of tactic as I had plenty of stuff, buffed up with Storm, and then used all my Mirror Images, taking invisibility potions everytime to refresh them, and used my 14 extra healing potions to heal. With last chance saloon I then tanked Sarevok with just Storm, Duhm and the Goblet. And with 4 Goblets left, incredibly fast and every time hitting Sarevok was down.

It wouldn't have been so close, but I saved all my Skull Traps, Heroism and Power Potions for later. Also scrolls were pretty good substitute for wands, as there's just enough of them to kill Semaj, Diarmid and Tazok, and help to tank Angelo and the four skelis. On SoD we go.
    edited March 2018
    Also it occured to me, because there's so many Heroism and Power Potions in BG1 alone, tanking Sarevok is possible, and you could actually finish BG1 with Chosen One warrior. And possibly even Belhifet, because before 2.5 Martyr's works without Enchanted Weapon, and after 2.5 Oil of Speed should give up to 7 apr.
    edited April 2018
    Korlasz crypt, alerted Potros mob, invisibility and talked him to surrender, PfU and looted the secret room which spawned more undead, invisibility and got to Korlasz. 2x Mind, Defense, Resist Fear, Speed, Pfe, Blur, Mirror, Monster I,I,II, Haste, Invisibility and attacked her, and after few dispels and acid arrows later she surrendered. Interestingly the secret room undead don't get killed where's others do. Dispel arrows is absolutely the best tactic against her. Got double level up to 8/8, looted the place and left.

Sold my loot, including the jewels from Baldur's Gate, I may have overdone it a little. :D Anyway a record for someone to beat.

Bought arrows for 24k, potions for 12k and scrolls for 18k from Sorcerous Sundries. Did all the mundane guests in BG and left. After buying all the interesting potions and scrolls from Belegram I was still left 32k gold, definitely overdid it.

Chapter 8, Menhairs, Baetloth, hid behind tent, done.

Chapter 9, looted troll cave with couple invisibility potions for Enchanted Weapon, daggered Morentherene, Ziatar was slightly tougher without Wand of Fire, but after buffing up tanked her pretty easily. Neothelid, 2x Invul, Blur, Fear, Cloud, Speed, 3x Monster III, Haste, Fireshield Red/Blue and tanked it out. Akannas servants lured out, couple summons and she was easily killed.

Surrendered the fort, waited invisible the mage to leave the bridge and then lured the Greater Fire Elemental to the camp, and killed it with +3 arrows. Chapter 10 next, and grind for 100k xp to the level cap.

EDIT: Btw here's the list of Heroism and Power potions I found in BG1 if anybody is interested, I'm sure there's even more.

Heroism Potions (22)

3x Baldur's Gate, Sorcerouse Sundries
    2x Baldur's Gate, Black Lily
    2x Ulgoth's Beard, Shandalar
    2x Durlag's Tower, Warder level
    2x Durlag's Tower, Goblet level
    1x Durlag's Tower, Elemental level
    1x Candlekeep, Catacomb
    1x Ducal Palace, 1st level
    1x Ducal Palace, 3rd level
    1x Baldur's Gate SW, Aldeth
    1x Baldur's Gate Centre, House 4
    1x Carnival, Potion Tent
    1x Carnival, Bentha
    1x Gullykin, Molkar
    1x Bandit Camp, Tent 2
    1x Samuel Guest

Power Potions (6)

1x Baldur's Gate, Black Lily
    1x Firewine Ruins, Lendarn
    1x Candlekeep Library, Tuth
    1x SCS Waylay, Lamalha
    1x Baldur's Gate SW, Duke Eltan
    1x Temple of Bhaal, Angelo
    Post edited by histamiini on
    edited April 2018
    Natural did all the easy guests in Chapter 10, but didn't reach level cap, which was fine as I would reach it in the crusader attacks. Got Martyr's Morningstar, and freed Daeros with invisibility, not fighting anybody.

Troll wave, 12x Skull Traps, 2x PfF, 2x Mind, 2x Magic Protection, 2x Invul, Speed, and got the weakest help from Auziels rogues. The wave was quickly done with just 8 detonation arrows.

Mage wave, 5 skelis backline, Storm, Clarity, 3x pre Web and got the help of Wizard Slayers. Started with 2x Web sequencer, and after 14 detonation arrows, the mages were dead. Also discovered the dispel bastard who always dispels me, it's Stysich himself. What a dork.

Fighter wave, had to buff again, 5 skeli backline, 9 Skull Traps, 10 pre Webs, help of the archers, and it was right on massacre. Took about 10 detonation arrows.

Crusader Attacks was easy enough, F/M is the absolute best class against it. Also dividing Skull Traps between waves was a good idea, if you don't have detonators anyway. Ashatiel was pushed away easily with dispel and acid arrows.

Avernus bridge, Speed, 2x Invul, Non-Detection, Invisibility, SI:Abjuration, and did the Trix trick. It was slightly different this time as the gamble script started immidiatelly. Door opened, but I could only enter after I backed out of the level first. Belhifet next.
    edited April 2018
    Natural Redux, Favored of Bhaal vs. Belhifet.

Stoneskin
    3x PfF
    3x PfC
    3x PfE
    1x PfP
    2x Mind Focusing
    Defense
    Storm
    2x Magic Protection
    2x Invulnerability
    Speed
    Clarity
    Power
    Go

2x Animate Dead scrolls, 1x Myconids, 1x Goblet and 28x Heroism potions to 500hp and the lift was done. Skeletons are great summons here. Lastly Enchanted Weapon, Blur + Mirror Image sequencer, 2x Invulnerability, Speed and Clarity. Escaped Bel's dispel and started smacking away. After 3rd Goblet he was already near death, and after 7th he was finally dead, wasn't even close. Hephernaan was then killed with the help of Myconids.

F/M really shines in SoD. SoA might be quite tough without Shadow Altar, Gauth and Firkraag xp-loops, and most importantly, without my precious Wand of Wonder. :'(
    edited April 2018
    Some progress from yesterday, Irenicus dungeon was easy but grindy with just two skelis and monsters, had to rest awfully lot. Looted everything and got 135k xp ascending from there. Bought reputation from 10 to 14. Dominated Mencar in Seven Vales, and made him attack follow me to downstairs where I kited him which took about 100 arrows or so. Interestingly this still made others in upstairs agro, which also means that I wont be going there in a hurry.

After selling Mencar loot and buying Gem Bag and Scroll Case I was left 7,5k gold. Did De'Arnise with invisibility all the way up to the room before Torgal, Glaicus was dispelled, got FoA +3 and Elven Court Bow +4, level up to 9/11 for 3x second best skelis. Bought Potion Case, robbed Maevars guild hall and the temples. Skelis killed Mekrath, got RoR which meant I could sell all of my Extra Healing Potions. Did the Skinner guest for rep +1, 3x skelis was enough for the Rune Assassins and Bone Golem, when they were lured one by one to upstairs. Easy Graveyard guests, level up.

Invisibility got me all the way up to the Undead Bridge in Unseeying Eye guest, multiple rests, and skelis eventually cleared it. Looted everything, and noticed that Gauth xp-loop was still very much in. Just rest invisible, back out, 3x skelis, Haste, Invisibility and it took about two minutes for them to hack the to Gauths for 18k xp. Did this for a while for 2M xp, level 12/12, 4th skeli and 6th level spells. But then I got bored and left. After buying PfMW, Improved Haste and Death Fog I was still left with a cool 50k. Sir Sarles was next, Neb was done with invisibility, PfMW, which allowed me to cast three skelis without interruption, got my reputation to 16. Now I'm thinking the lure of the Planetar is too great, not to go and farm Gauths for another 1M xp. Suffer now of boredom, and it will make the rest of the game easier.