Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• UniverseUniverse Member Posts: 71
    edited November 2023
    Let's continue the adventures of Mr. Universe :)
    3. NASHKEL MINES. THE GAME STARTS HERE.
    I am from Russia, the version of the game is Russian, I will translate important points from the game for you in advance. Sorry, playing the English version would take me a lot of time.
    2q0xpnlch12v.png
    I actually didn’t know what awaited me because I passed BG1 for the first time. These were CROWDS of kobolds. Huge hordes, on EVERY inches.
    After the first two or three battles, by summoning a familiar, polymorphing it into mustard jelly and spamming wands of fire (which it is advisable to take with you everything you can find + summoning wands)
    I realized that I simply couldn’t go any further. I simply don’t have enough resources because of Legacy Of Bhaal.
    Kobolds have a minimum health of under 100. They attack in crowds of 10-15.
    I felt that my will and spirit were beginning to weaken......
    There was a desire to quit this challenge......
    But I didn't give up and found a way out!
    AND HERE THE MAIN THING BEGAN.
    Previously, I got used to playing through cheese, I played everywhere possible and, in principle, passed some moments with ease. Now, it was at this moment that I began the process of creating meta-thinking. I realized that bare stats, going straight through - all this will not work here. And I found a way out.
    I had a game plan, didn't I tell you?
    I planned to rush BG1 and SoD, because the gameplay, as I thought, began for me in BG2.
    I've already hit the exp cap, so what's the point of spending a lot of hours on long battles with hordes of enemies?
    And I made a decision that made the game a hundred times easier for me.....
    I PLAYED IT ALL AGAIN.
    Instead of pickpocketing, I maxed out STEALTH.
    You will say, Universe, your mage has invisibility, use it and max out the other thief skills.
    You would be wrong. You can’t even imagine how powerful stealth is. It can be turned on ANYWHERE AND AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT. And invisibility takes up slots. And it will never be enough.
    I had moments where I could turn it on on one floor of Durlag's Tower a couple hundred times.
    The essence of stealth is that after revealing, you have two rounds of additional invisibility.
    This allowed me to open the door and run around the corner, open the chest and run away, move to another location and have time to escape. Do ANY THING that led to the disclosure of stealth and have time to escape. This is a real imbue. I avoided so many stifling battles and unnecessary complications - it's beyond words.
    edited November 2023
    The lyrics are finished, we can move on to the game. Believe me, what happened in my playthrough will not disappoint you)
    In fact, the floors of the Nashkel mine are just corridors with kobolds, we use the thief’s stealth and run past. All. We saved several hours of our lives, we are WONDERFUL!

BEWARE. VERY IMPORTANT. THIS BUG IS ONLY ON THE FIRST FLOOR OF THE MINES.
    Besides me, one of the bloggers caught this bug while going through the Nashkel mines.
    He had the same familiar, capable of polymorphing. He, like me, turned it into jelly and it could no longer return to its original form - this means that it cannot be put back in the backpack. It breaks the game.
    The ONLY WAY OUT is to kill him with a weapon +1 or higher, go to EE Keeper and manually remove the penalty for a dead familiar. There is no other way out. I hope I helped someone.

So we just simply run both floors to Mulahey. No problem, a lot of wasted time, our exp cap is broken, it makes no sense for us to spend on kobolds for a pack of arrows and 63 coins.

3.1. MULAHEY FIGHT.
    Initially, I tried to defeat him in a fair battle, called summons, loaded myself with buffs, and so on. But he simply calls for a cosmic amount of help.
    I had to simply charm him through the cloak and set him off against the nearest undead. To death.
    Believe me, this method works with almost all bosses in the game)
    At the exit from the location, we complete the quest with jelly (provoke the magician into a fight and kill him) and take him to
    dagger into the mounds. In one of the mounds, in the right coffin, we take the summoning rod on stealth and run away.
    In both cases, stealth will not allow us to die at the hands of incredibly strong undead, which with one blow will turn us into Nick Vuychich and we will not be able to resist anything.

4. CHAPTER III. STEALTH SAVED ME 5 HOURS OF MY LIFE.
    I’m sorry that there are few screenshots of BG1, the next ones will only be in the Durlag tower and on the island of werewolves.
    There are more of them in SoD, in BG2, which I am going through now, there will be EVEN more)
    we return to Nashkel and talk to the NPC at the crossroads. We sell all the loot. We head to the hotel in Beregost and talk to Tranzig.
    We hit, we talk, we finish him. He bad guy, bad guy must die :blush:
    4.1. THE GREATEST DECEPTION IN HISTORY, THE NOW YOU SEE ME AND THE PRESTIGE WITH HUGH JACKMAN CAN NOT COMPARE TO THIS.
    From the information received, we are sent to Larswood. We ingratiate ourselves with the bandits.
    We gain access to their lair, enter the main building using stealth + mirror image, steal documents, money, gems, use the summoning wand to distract a bunch of shooters from our beautiful body and simply run away.
    All NPCs that were outside this building remain neutral. All. Rush of the fourth chapter in 10 minutes.
    To be fair, I managed to pull this off about fifteen times. But I was very happy, almost like a child)

Tomorrow we will continue until the end of BG1 and the transition to SoD :wink:

Post edited by Universe on
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    Good fun and hope you are enjoying the playthrough. LOB is tough. LOB + SCS is even tougher. You seem up to the challenge, I must say.

I like your character pic by the way, looks very 'rangerish' which I tend to appreciate.

Aerakar wrote: »
    Good fun and hope you are enjoying the playthrough. LOB is tough. LOB + SCS is even tougher. You seem up to the challenge, I must say.

I like your character pic by the way, looks very 'rangerish' which I tend to appreciate.

thanks for the feedback) yes, I’m basically ready. Completing BG1 + SoD changed my meta-thinking through the roof. There is still a lot to see)
    Well, and a portrait at the same time:
    xarll7ru23c8.png
    edited November 2023
    I also considered these two options, the 1st on a another character)
    0cgkgrkk4hbn.png
    4lq75sr14b2c.png
    edited November 2023
    Let's continue the adventures of Mr. Universe :)

5. CHAPTER IV.
    We go to Cloakwood and first identify all the loot and sold him in Nashkel.
    We help the druids, here you will have to spend a couple of charges of the summoning wand/paralysis wand, because the opponents are very strong.
    We're going west.
    We take the quest from the unfortunate guy at the start of the location. We find a corpse in the north of the location, loot it (but it’s not him, there will be another one). At the same time, after drinking a speed potion, cast a mirror image + drinking an invisibility potion, we take the body and loot from the Spider’s Lair. We have time to escape, if there are problems - in addition, drink a speed potion / use haste.
    Let's go further, find the Wyvern's lair, steal loot from the hole using stealth, run away from the angry wyverns immediately into the mines to the right.

IMPORTANT. By this time, encounters with a strong squad of killers will appear between locations. I managed to get out of this situation (although you can just run away) with the help of charm and a summoning wand + a paralyzing wand.
    Or charm + summoning rod, we pull two of the four towards ourselves and run in a circle until the charmed one kills the last one with a summoning from the rod. In these two encounters (there will be another with spies) the enemies are VERY strong.

5.1. LOCATION IN FRONT OF THE CLOAKWOOD MINES.
    The main problem is the group of mini-bosses in front of the entrance. They VERY strong.
    We charm any warrior from the front row and pit him against the timber wolves or bandits. We charm the second one and send it with a call from the wand to the wizards. We kill the rest ourselves.

6. CLOAKWOOD MINES.
    6.1. LEVEL I.
    It is advisable to talk with all registered non-writings in order to understand what is happening and what to do. In addition, we will receive additional tips. Otherwise, we just run to the second level in stealth.
    6.2. LEVEL II.
    On the second floor we meet a guard, get information from him, and let him leave. We charm the main magician with a cloak, from stealth, from a distance. We let the crowd kill him, loot him from stealth. We can go to the third floor, we are wonderful, no stupid frontal attacks for many hours. IMMERSIVE.
    6.3. LEVEL III.
    On the third floor we charm Natasha with a cloak (although I’m not even a Turkish), give her to the hobgoblins for fun, go to the priest, answer Cyric, loot, go to the fourth floor.
    6.4. LEVEL IV.
    Fourth floor. The last stage before Chapter Five. We charm Davaeorn with a cloak from stealth and simply give him to be torn to pieces by the crowd. We loot from stealth, do not aggro the others, talk to his student, get information, release him, loot new scrolls for the magician in the corner of the location, kill the jelly, break open all the other chests with loot and leave. All. You are beautiful.

7. CHAPTER V. BALDUR'S GATE MEET ME!
    7.0 The quests in these locations are +- simple, I will not focus on their detailed implementation, in case something happens - all the information is on Baldurs Gate Wiki. If I didn’t complete some, I probably just didn’t find them, or I didn’t want to do them. My plan was to beat BG1 as quickly as possible in order to get into normal gameplay.
    7.1. We don't buy anything from Lucky guy - it's just crap. We go to the nearest tavern, talk to everyone, get
    access to the Thieves Guild. We buy the necessary summoning scrolls and another Summoning Wand. On the second floor we bring down 4 magicians. We get a bunch of loot and a scroll of summon spiders.
    We go down into the sewer, charm the ogre mage, find him, take any corpse (but not the body of a noblewoman) on the left, and we give it back on the quest. We pickpocket an amulet from him, the quest giver. For another quest.
    7.2. We take the quest for parts of the spell for the Flying Ship. Oberan's estate, third floor, steal all the parts for the Flying Ship spell. We give it back and kill the Mage. The mage is very strong, the easiest way is to let him try our Greater Malison + Wand of Paralyzation and kill him with a crowd.
    7.3. West of the location with the Mage in the Tower. We complete the quest and get a helmet with resists.
    Around this time, a new encounter should work, only instead of mercenaries there will be spies. They are also very strong, in principle the same tactics will work - we distract some, kill others.
    7.4. We take the quest from Melikamp and complete it, it is simple. If he dies, just reload. We go south from Candlekeep through the location, loot the cave, we get FIRST BOOK. We steal the book using the same tactics - stealth, speed potion, and in extreme cases, an invisibility potion, because after stealth we can be surrounded.
    Plus we save a child at a lighthouse (another quest).
    7.5. We take quests at the docks. The house of Feragius Gast is associated with the quest to find the Helm of Balduran from Degrodel. We will receive both a helmet and a cloak. Helmet on second
    floor of the Belt and Cloak tavern. The cloak will be given like this. Seven suns (there is a passage on the left). Feregaius quest (northwest of the city), theft + Nymph (we free her).
    At the same time, we will clean out the Hall of Wonders (telescope). There is another Trickster Stone in Gantolandan's house. Scar's three quests. Gorak the Painful quest too.

In principle, we can raid the headquarters of the Iron Throne, because we have received all the necessary information, but I decided to cover the content of Tales Of The Sword Coast in its entirety. I'll say in advance - Durlag's Tower is BEST, but I didn't like the island. In addition, Karoug cannot be killed without magic wands or silver weapons. That is, not at all. Absolutely. Conditional Cleric warrior or any other class without access to wands and magic wands. This is a serious mistake from the developers, imo.
    8. DOING THINGS BEFORE CHAPTER SIX. TALES OF THE SWORD COAST.
    8.1. DURLAG TOWER.
    Yes, yes, yes, I understand that first I had to go to the island and only then go to the Tower. But overall, nothing terrible happened, literally at all) <3
    To be honest, I didn’t even know what was waiting for me before. Because, as I already said, I completed BG1 for the first time and immediately on such a high difficulty. But fortunately I had and still have experience and I was ready for anything.
    8.1.1. LET'S GO UP.
    We loot everything we see, talk to Riggilo, a ghost, he attacks us, charm him, spend all his spells in vain and kill him.
    On the last floor we talk to Kirinhal, refuse to fulfill the request, kill her too, loot the entire floor and go to the lower levels.
    8.2. FIRST FLOOR OF THE LABYRINTH.
    First, we go to the main hall, talk to the four guards, take the quest and riddles. We scout the entire area. WE DO NOT TOUCH THE DOPPLES IN RIGHT CORNER OF LOCATION.
    We loot everything for quest artifacts. In stealth of course.
    8.2.1. FIRST RIDDLE. We read all four books in the left corner of the location, activate the sword. We do all our actions in stealth, no one should see us.
    8.2.2. SECOND RIDDLE. We find the Beljuril gem and give it to one of the guards.
    8.2.3. THIRD RIDDLE. The head for the mace lies in a barrel near 4 guards, the ball is in the room with dopplegangers, we make a full-fledged mace using an anvil and hit the drum in the left corner of the location with it.
    8.2.4. 4'TH RIDDLE. We find the switch in the room opposite the skeletons, activate the mechanism, put the grapes, get the wine - give it back.
    8.2.5. BATTLE WITH FOUR GUARDS.
    The fact that these four bastards are EXTREMELY STRONG is an understatement at all.
    Fortunately, only one thing needs to be killed - Love. He has the key to the second floor of the labyrinth. But even this will be difficult to do in this test.
    What I came up with was to charm three doppelgangers in the corner of the location, using the nymph’s wand (these doppelgangers have a wonderful quality - they are always enchanted the first time, I don’t know why).
    It is advisable to charm a couple more spiders first.
    We buff ourselves, trying to distract everyone else and kill Love in a crowd.
    edited November 2023
    My Suicide Squad, experts in disputes with Love :p , looked something like this:

vcv7dmws73xs.png

We kill Love with all our might, there is no point in the rest, we run down to the second floor of the labyrinth...
    8.3 SECOND FLOOR OF THE LABYRINTH.
    EAST - FURNEBALL. NORTH - PRINCE KEEL. SOUTH - DOPPELGANGER. WEST - ISLANN, APPEARANCE.
    We go south, loot the cache, turn the levers on the statues (to be honest, it was hard to find them).
    In the room with mannequins we shoot from a bow in the appropriate color, red is a fire arrow and so on.
    We go east, loot all the cabinets and bedside tables, charm the doppel again and go north. We take the helmet, IMMEDIATELY USE STEALTH and go to any corner, wait, and exit.
    After we figure it out, go further to the left, take the stone, activate it, press the seal on the floor, go to the other side, take a new stone and loot the room.
    We rush into the secret room, past the ghouls, to the south. If you need a +3 mace, look further. I didn't, I don't need it. That's all.
    8.4. THIRD FLOOR OF THE LABYRINTH.
    Whether we used stealth or not, the ghouls would follow us. No options. And they, with a blow to us, can turn us into Nick Vujicic. And kill in a second.
    What did my meta-brain come up with at that moment?

vwtt64ti9j3s.png

I replayed the moment with the transition to the secret room and to the third floor, after drinking a speed potion. He managed to run past the fiery room, entered a narrow corridor, closed it with a monster summoning wand, and trapped a bunch of ghouls in the fiery room. And they all burned alive there. It turned out well.

Go next. The location with skeleton archers is not necessary at all. As well as the location where the axe with dispel.
    8.4.1. ELEMENTAL CHALLENGES. The fire is easy, just kill with wand of paralysis . Earth - kill jelly with fire + summon tanking mustard jelly. Cold - kill everyone (You can charm the main polar bear, it will be easier.).

WE ALWAYS CHOOSE THE AIR ROOM LAST. THE ONE WE WILL OVERCOME LAST WILL BE EASIER DUE TO EASIER CONDITIONS. IN THE LAST ROOM IS AN AIR WYVERN. IF YOU DO NOT CHOOSE HER LAST, YOU WILL HAVE TO KILL AIR SERVANT

We use the wand of summoning monsters while the air wyvern kills them - we try to roll the failure of the saving throw against our wand of paralysis. This is the only way to kill her, imo. Then we just fill up the crowd and go out. The main thing is not to aggravate the rest of the air servants. They'll tear it apart in a second.

IMPORTANT. BEFORE WE LEAVE THE AIR ROOM, WE DRINK A POTION OF ELECTRICITY RESISTANCE (A POTION OF ABSORPTION +100% RESISTANCE TO ELECTRICITY FOR EXAMPLE TOO) AND A POTION OF INVISIBILITY.

8.4.2. CHESS GAME.
    On paper, fighting this crowd would be unbearably difficult, bordering on unrealistic. Fortunately, we did everything right and just run past them to the exit. We are amazing.
    8.5. FOURTH FLOOR OF THE LABYRINTH.
    The translation may be lame, but I think those who have gone through it will understand everything. Sorry.
    We go north, then to the left behind the stone, from there to the south and west, we activate the stone. From there to the south.
    Selecting answers: Fourneball. Troll Killer. Lightning Axe. From the west.
    We return to the bed where there was a trap with a deadly cloud. We choose the first answer.
    We run to the swamp location. Grael will have to be killed. Agrim his henchmen to the poisonous swamp water, run around the corner and press stealth.
    As a result, they are left standing in the poisonous water and slowly die. We wait.
    We remain to fight with Grael 1v1. We summon the familiar, turn it into jelly, and kill Grael with fire magic, any kind, from a wand.
    There's a secret door in the north. Select answer - It's only your fault. We speak with Durlag, Klera. Let's go upstairs.
    We talk to the demon, break the mirror, save the boy. That's all. The dungeon is over.
    Don’t forget to loot everything at the same time and don’t forget about the quest dagger. Personally, I made a cache in advance in a barrel at the top and threw all the loot there. B)
    Dungeon was amazing. In addition, it even has a plot. It was cool, compared to it the whole BG1 looks pale. Imo.

• AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    Translation is fine.

That is a ridiculous number of doppelgangers at the Love fight!
    Translation is fine.

There are actually only three of them - they just cast a mirror image :)
    edited November 2023
    This message was returned - but I have already rewritten it. In any case, thanks to the moderators.
    Translation is fine.

The rest is probably tomorrow - I edited two pieces of the walkthrough and they disappeared, they say they need approved for editing. It's sad, I hope they return it - it took me a long time to write all this.
    Translation is fine.

Maybe you know where to write or how to contact the site moderators? I don’t want to rewrite everything again. :/
    I created a post on the Site Recources forum thread - I hope they will take action. I would not like to rewrite such a body of text.
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    Added your F/M/T into the list of current runs @Universe. Keep on rolling. Until the end. ;)

Any other runs in progress or finished?
    Added your F/M/T into the list of current runs @Universe. Keep on rolling. Until the end. ;)

Any other runs in progress or finished?

To be honest, I thought you would never come back) thanks for the feedback. :)
    I'll wait until tomorrow until two huge walkthrough posts are returned to me with editing approval, if not, I'll rewrite them, what can I do.
  • Wol1garWol1gar Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2023
    Hey, everybody!
    A little support for the topic.
    Passing this challenge on the cleric/ranger.
    Settings SCS: doppelgangers tactical, the rest of the sliders impruved.
    Of mods is only SCS Icewind dale spells.
    Changed the line in Baldur.ini that blocks a cleric/ranger from getting full druid spell progression.

Start:
    sqluk7swv2qa.png

Progression, nothing out of the ordinary.
    I started with getting Algernon's cloak and going to basilisks + Nashkel and Carnival for a scroll of protection from petrification and armor from ankeg, then several quests for equipment, going to neriida Shoar and her husband ogre-mage for a helmet and experience. Then to the lighthouse for experience from the sirens. Then again quests for level growth. Completed to the ceiling level on basilisks outside of Durlag's Tower:
    uwrkqganlx8v.jpg

Closed the entire story chain up to the city.
    Cleric/Ranger feels great, had to sweat except for the battle with the bandit camp in Paddlewave. And that was only because I wanted to test my strength.
    This is what he's wearing now:
    6n8fg7lbkf91.jpg

And a gentleman's set of spells:
    yiwoh094zwtz.png

Preparing for a cleanup of Durlag's Tower.
    See you in the Forgotten Realms! Best regards Wol1gar
    Wol1gar wrote: »
    Hey, everybody!
    A little support for the topic.
    Passing this challenge on the cleric/ranger.
    Settings SCS: dopelgangers tactical, the rest of the sliders impruved.
    Of mods is only SCS Icewind dale spells.
    Changed the line in Baldur.ini that blocks a cleric/ranger from getting full druid spell progression.

Start:
    sqluk7swv2qa.png

Progression, nothing out of the ordinary.
    I started with getting Algernon's cloak and going to basilisks + Nashkel and Carnival for a scroll of protection from petrification and armor from ankeg, then several quests for equipment, going to neriida Shoar and her husband ogre-mage for a helmet and experience. Then to the lighthouse for experience from the sirens. Then again quests for level growth. Completed to the ceiling level on basilisks inhabiting the balconies of the tower Durlaga:
    uwrkqganlx8v.jpg

Closed the entire story chain up to the city.
    Cleric/Ranger feels great, had to sweat except for the battle with the bandit camp in Paddlewave. And that was only because I wanted to test my strength.
    This is what he's wearing now:
    6n8fg7lbkf91.jpg

And a gentleman's set of spells:
    yiwoh094zwtz.png

Preparing for a cleanup of Durlagh Tower.
    See you in the Forgotten Realms! Best regards Wol1gar

Good job Wol1gar! I hope everything works out for you!
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,357
    great job both of you.

ps. @Universe. Did you pick up Durlags Goblet in the Tower? I find it very usefull.
    great job both of you.

ps. @Universe. Did you pick up Durlags Goblet in the Tower? I find it very usefull.

Of course, I picked up everything I needed. In general, in general, Durlag's Tower, with the exception of Durlag's Goblet, is essentially a location for clerics. A lot of armor and blunt weapons.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,357
    good to know. @Universe. The doblet seems to be instrumental in most of the LoB runs I have seen.
    good to know. @Universe. The doblet seems to be instrumental in most of the LoB runs I have seen.

I only needed it in the final battle and defense of the Coalition Camp. It's good that this item is not imported into BG2, it is TOO strong.
    edited November 2023
    The message was returned with the approval of the moderators, thank them very much <3
    edited November 2023
    The message was returned with the approval of the moderators, thank them very much <3 (2)
    Let's continue the adventures of Mr. Universe in the world of Baldur's Gate :). Next up is Ulgoth's Beard....
    9. ULHOTH'S BEARD INN.
    Yes, I understand perfectly well that I first had to come to Durlag’s Tower and go through it, and only then go to this location. Fortunately, the addition allows you to go through it yourself and in this order.
    Due to the wrong sequence, at the entrance we are immediately met by VERY STRONG cultists and forcefully take the dagger from us, trying to kill us at the same time. We run away from them as best we can, it doesn’t matter, hasta, stealth, invisibility potion, it doesn’t matter. The main thing is to escape. Unfortunately, the path to the right side of the village is closed to us - but we don’t need it. We essentially need a tavern, a cultist's house and Mendez's house.
    9.1. SHANDALLAR'S CLOAK.
    We take the quest for a cloak (to be fair, I didn’t like this man right away, but this is DND, if they give you a quest, we take it)).
    We are teleported to an abandoned island. In fact, we don’t need the first floor at all - we can go straight to the main boss in stealth. On the other hand, we can talk to people in the labyrinth, we will have to kill someone and read the notes from them - in the end we will understand the lore of the quest.
    9.2. QUEST BOSS - DEZKIL.
    He is very strong + he has two strong assistants. What did my sick meta-brain come up with this time? I tried many times to kill him, charm him with a cloak, etc. Did not work. Once again I went to this boss and stopped the game for about twenty minutes, but this time I managed to charm him, and the first time, set him on his bodyguards, pick up the loot and finish the quest.
    Why? As it turned out, according to information from the game’s Wikipedia, when entering a location, he receives very strong scripted buffs for exactly 20 minutes. And I accidentally, without realizing it, hit the window when his buffs ended.
    Life is an amazing thing.
    9.3. TAVERN. CULTISTS. MENDES QUEST.
    We take the quest in the tavern for the dagger that was stolen from us. As it turned out, responses in case of theft of our dagger were also written down. Shine.
    We go to Shandallar's house. We charm the guard and make him mincemeat (we send him to his cultist friends, they will kill him).
    We go into the house.
    9.4. SHANDALLAR HOUSE.
    We go in stealth, go to the left, into the corner with the bed - there is a blind spot. From there we try to charm the main magician - if it works, we spend all his spell and summon cells with him. + create your own squad of summons and attack. It should work if you stay away. Let's go to the basement.
    9.5. DEMON IN THE BASEMENT.
    As it turned out, the dagger was needed to summon an ancient demon. Classic. We enter in stealth, the script dialogue will not work - we are not visible.
    We go to the upper right corner - from there we charm the cultists one by one and beat them to death. We do this with everyone except the main cultist. We exit stealth and let the scripted dialogue work. It doesn’t matter what we do with the last cultist-mage - the main thing is to paralyze the demon with the wand. The magician can be distracted. During the paralysis we kill the demon, then the magician. We go to the tavern and turn in the quest.
    edited November 2023
    9.6. MENDES QUEST...
    We speak with a suspicious person in the house, who promises us too much money to complete this task. On the way out, we talk to another person - he will reveal to us the lore of the Durlag Tower and shed some light on Mendes. We steal cards from Baldur's Gate, pretending to be a courier and sail to the island.
    9.7. ISLAND.
    Basically, we need to take the quest to find our brother and talk to the leader of this village. We're going north.
    9.8. BALDURAN ISLE.
    We take the body from Sirena, it turns out that the little brother was fucked to death. This happens, you need to do cardio in the morning to prevent this from happening.
    We speak with the old man in the barn, which is located on the right side of the location. He will shed light on the island's lore, who Balduran is, his travels, and so on.
    The last steps are the ship. Four floors infested with werewolves. We need the third one first.
    We go in stealth, there is no point in fighting. On the third floor we go to the bottom corner, find a blind spot opposite a wooden column, buff ourselves, drink potions, and go to the fourth floor in stealth.
    9.9. KAROUG. GREATER WEREWOLF.
    One of two battles in my memory that stuck in my head. For the entire passage of BG1 + SoD.
    This asshole only takes silver. Solo clerics, warrior/clerics, and similar dudes won't be able to physically kill him. An unfortunate mistake by the developers, in my opinion.
    WHAT DID MY META-BRAIN COME UP WITH THIS TIME?
    We go in stealth. We trigger the dispelling of stealth through dialogue. Whatever option we choose, there will be a fight. We run to the bottom corner, pull everyone towards us (and this, I forgot to remind you, is the boss Karoug with a huge amount of HP, invulnerability to everything except silver, 5 HP regen per SECOND, 4 ordinary werewolves and another boss mage, quite strong).
    We turn around, run to the captain’s cabin, let Karoug into it and close the passage with the monster summoning wand.
    Aggro Karoug on the monsters, we put them with our backs in a narrow passage, the rest cannot pass.
    We use the ONLY ONE I COULD FIND, the Greater Malison scroll, and pray to all the gods we know for Karoug to fail his paralysis save against the wand.
    I hasten to remind you that you will not have enough damage to kill this boss with one charge of the rod of paralysis, if you only have one silver weapon, you need TWO.
    One will be kindly given to us right in the captain's cabin. Second in Durlag's Tower, longsword +1 Burning Death.
    In the end, the damage is barely enough to kill him. We take the baby and run away. You are gorgeous.
    9.10. WE WERE BETRAYED. SOME RESIDENT EVIL IS BEGINNING. WE NEED TO RUN.
    As it turns out, the island is infested with werewolves sick to the point of violence. Fortunately, we brought a baby and a caring woman will help us escape. But there are still two bosses left - a female werewolf, the leader of the village, is waiting for us right on the ship.
    Whatever we choose in the dialogue, there will be a fight.
    She is susceptible to any weapon, it will be easier here, we call monsters from the wand in advance, we paralyze the werewolf. I forgot to remind you that after the dialogue, about 10 werewolves run behind us. Fortunately, the passage is narrow - we block it with summons, and kill the boss while he is paralyzed. All. We sail away at about the moment when these ten werewolves break through our meat defense of monsters and almost devour us.
    9.12. SANTA BARBARA. MENDES IS THE HUSBAND OF A WOMAN WEREWOLF TRIBAL LEADER.
    We spend two charges of the paralysis rod and take them both down. That's it, the addition is over. To be honest, half of it is lousy, because the other beautiful half is Durlag's Tower.
    edited November 2023
    9.13. WE DID EVERYTHING WE NEEDED. ROAD TO CHAPTER SIX.
    We are heading to the Iron Throne Headquarters. We talk to the servant, loosen her tongue with money. With the information received, we go to Scar at the headquarters of the Flaming Fist. We speak with the Duke.
    10. CHAPTER VI. THE SHORTEST CHAPTER IN THE HISTORY OF VIDEO GAMES.
    We speak with all named NPCs, go to Candlekeep. It is advisable not to take the ring from Koveras (Sarevok lol), although in any case we will be charged.
    10.1. CATACOMBS.
    We loot completely, take two books, we can talk with the named NPCs (as it turns out later - dopplegangers). There is basically no point in fighting. Everything is done in stealth. We are talking to Karjil. We are being set up...
    11. CHAPTER VII.
    Residence of the Flaming Fist. In any case, you have to give up. We end up in jail. And here is a very important point.
    11.0. NEB. SERIAL KILLER OF CHILDREN.
    The only chance at this moment to get out of prison is to follow the lead of this piece of shit. If we do not guess in the dialogue exactly how many children he killed, he will not help us escape.
    In fact, the plot of BG1 is quite cruel, but equally interesting. But it is partly wasted due to dozens of half-empty locations with a small number of points of interest. The storyline with the substitution of faces, dopplegangers, and doubles could have been developed much more seriously. Like the plot of NEB - it could be used to make an avatar of Sarevok, the so-called tempter for the main character, who with such things as questions about murdered children provokes the Son of Bhaal to side with evil. But this is all lyrics.
    (There really aren't enough violent moments in BG1. They take off the player's rose-colored glasses of classic RPG-medieval fantasy).
    11.1. JAIL BREAK. IRON THRONE HEADQUATER.
    It is advisable to talk with everyone, we will get a lot of information about the ongoing revolution.
    And the main thing is to talk to the chef, what he answers is real surrealism:

2zpz9ja34u0h.png

Translate: Didn't I tell you to get out? You can't understand this, then get it into your stupid head!
    It's funny. In fact, a revolution has begun, murders, devastation, everyone is in panic - the chef only cares about cooking)

We speak with Sarevok's Wife on the top floor, knock her down, read the notes and diaries. Let's go to the Sewer.