From the Empathic Manifestation's script:
    IF
    	HPPercentGT(Myself,92)
    	!InMyArea([PC])
    THEN
    	RESPONSE #100
    		ApplyDamagePercent(Myself,60,FIRE)
    END

As long as you're actually in the same area as the creature, even if you're invisible, it should work; this block gets skipped because its conditions aren't met, and the next block (which kills it if its HP total is too high) runs. There may be a slight delay until the script executes, but that's all.

If you were ducking out the door, it's just some script weirdness. If you were actually staying in the room, that sounds like a glitch.
  • XDarkStrikerXXDarkStrikerX Member Posts: 102
    edited June 2023
    Glad to see that there is still some activity here from time to time! Though that I'd share an incomplete run that I did with a new F/I just before christmas using 2.6 with everything updated. BG1 completed and killed everything but Karoug (just didn't feel like it...). Tried a slightly different approach this time on some encounters, trying to cheese encounters as much as possible to find the safest possible strats I could think off. Who knows I might eventually get done with SoD and BG2 this year or try a completely new class (I've been looking at the Blade for quite a long time now). Went with the Throwing Axe +2 (very underated) and Thresher this time!

Here it is:

Rolled Sirius (again) the Fighter/Illusionist and managed to get an amazing 97 base attribute again with 18/60 STR.
    Starting pips: ** into flails and axes this time for a change, considering that I want maximum damage and APR over THAC0 for the early game.
    Spells: Blindness, Friends and Find Familiar.

XP run
    Started the playthrough, Familiar brought my HP up to 32. Stole the Clarity potion by bashing the lock and talked 30 times to Firebeard for an extra 300 gold, bought an helmet and a stack of bolts. Completed all the chores but killing the rats, blinded and killed Shank and Carbos with PD then left with 290 xp and 547 gold.

Went to High Hedge to avoid Imoen and got immediately waylaid by skeletons, escaped with only 4 HP. Went back to the ambush site to loot it and grabbed the diamond on the way, headed to the east and grabbed the hidden ring of the prince +1 then went to FFAI for Evermemory. Rested and wasted 150 gold at the temple to recover up to 30 hp.

Went to the northen farm and had to kill a Bandit before Sonner using PD, grabbed the bowl and the flail +1. Gave the bowl back to Tenya for 2k (if you kill all the fishermen, you only get 1k) and left to the area west of High Hedge to kill Shoal the Nereid for 5k xp, leveled up to 2f/2m. Got the potion of magic protection from the Surgeon and left to High Hedge. Learned Mirror Image and Invisibility which are guaranteed, also took and chance and learned Identify for Illusionists, bought potion case then went to Beregost. Calmed Marl and leveled to 3f/2m, pips into Two Weapon Style. Gave the book to Firebeard for +1 rep and the scroll case then went to save Brage.

Blinded Brage and Nalin (who was painfully slow to kill) then killed them with PD for 1400 xp each and leveled to 3f/3m. Let myself get beat up by Brage so PD could safely kill him while I was unconscious at 1 HP. Sold the Ankheg Plate and talked to Noober for 400 xp, traveled with Invisibility everywhere from now on, also made sure to rest enough to unlock Cure Light Wound. Bashed the door to the manor to grab an invisibility potion then left to the Carnival to grab the red and violet potion. Also grabbed the Wand of Frost from Nashkel Mine's exterior then went kill Dushai, then Algernon for the cloak, web spell and Edventar's Gift, rep now at 6.

Passive rep run

-
    Bought rep back from 6 to 14,
    -Not Greywolf +1,
    -Colquette Family Amulet +1,
    -Joia Flamedance ring +1 by charming the Hobgoblin carrying the ring and feeding him to his 4 friends,
    -Saved Samuel for +1, got Batalista's Passport and the PFM scroll on the way,
    -Return the body of Farmer Brun's son and gave him 100 gold for +1, also grabbed everything including the WoF,
    -Drienne's Cat for +1, got PFU. IF you have low Charisma, going with Rescuing Tamah is totally viable.
    Finished by quickly grabbing the charisma tome from the Gnoll Stronghold.

Sold loot in High Hedge, got 7.8k gold, then bought all the scrolls that I though would be useful. Drank Red Potion in Feldepost Inn and learned everything, slept the debuffs. This was enough to level to 4f/3m. Bought Beruel's Retort which is dirty cheap for a 1h weapon. Went to collect the constitution tome with the WoPara. Tanked the right lightning trap and used Shield for the Magic Missile one. Went to Valley of Tombs to get the WoMS.

Big XP/Gold run
    Sold loot and went to web/charm Basilius which took 5 tries. Summoned his Skeleton Warrior who took care of the Hodgoblin trio and Basilus himself. Saved Malicamp on the way back and turned in the quest for 2k xp and leveled up. Killed the Gnoll for Perdue Short Sword and went to Mutamin's Garden. Charmed a lesser basilisk and protected it from petrification, then I went invisible and let it clear the entire map, Mutamin and the mercanary trio included. Once everything got killed, I used WoPara and killed my pet basilisk. Killed the 2 Battle horror at Durlag's Tower. First one got killed with Magic Missile and 2x web + melee using BR axe and morning star +1, second one wouldn't fail his saves for I only managed to get a few swings and finished it with 8x MM, 10x WoFrost, 1x WoF.
    Went into the tower, buffed and tanked the trap with minor spell deflection and use WoPara on the lesser Basilisk outside. Charmed a greater one (5 tries) to easily dispatch the two other on top, then killed it with WoPara + WoMS, tanked the fire trap with PfF. Leveled to 6f/6m, pip into Two Weapon Fighting for **. Ended the XP run by watching Drizzt getting killed with invisible PD to sell his gear and getting a second WoF from Ulcaster School. Sold everything and recharge WoPara and WoMS.
    vo1hw747r3bx.png

Finishing Beregost and other chores before the main story for a bit more XP and Gold.
    Charmed one spider and killed the rest with WoMS + WoPara. Did the same to Silke and used the rest of the duration of WoMS to deal with Neera assailants. Karlat killed my charmed huge spider which I recovered the body from and I killed him with WoPara (MVP LoB wand with WoMS). Gave Perdue back his sword on the way. Charmed a guard to help me kill Tarnesh, who could do nothing to me under Remove Fear and Shield and got stunned by Hold Person.
    Got the Gem Bag from killing Neera, charmed the Ogre for the girdles who died to an ambushing group then headed south of Beregost to kill the two ogrillon, who died from being smashed dual webbed. Recovered Zhurlong Boots using charm, web, hold person and blind. Kept going south and charmed Teyngan group to feed them to the half-ogre just north and killed him with Hold Person. Finished the Half Ogre with Web. Kept going south to help the Dryad of the Cloud Peaks using Web, Hold Person and WoMS for the final AC girdle. As I was already South, dealth with Hairtooth and Gnarl for a bit of extra loot again using Web + Hold Person.
    Khark
    Charmed Meilum and started the fight with Khark. Used WoPara and quickly hacked him using WoMS, then blinded and used Hold Person to finish Meilum. Picked up Legacy of the Masters.tk6nhajnlx5r.png

Nashkel Mines, Tranzig and Bandit Camp
    Killed Zordral on the way with Hold Person + WoMS and bought my first OGL which I recharged immediately. Did the mine invisible, got miner Kylee back his dagger and grabbed Joseph's ring. Some kobolds blocked the way to the last level so used WoMS as a diversion then made my way to Mulahey. Used WoPara before he could call for reinforcement and looted the chest. Came back to Nashkel to sell loot and kill Nimbul, who got destroyed with WoMS + WoPara. Got the sense of the cat boots, now have -11 AC vs Missile under Shield. Returned the ring to Joseph's wife. Killed Neira with WoPara and went to Beregost. Took the Vai Bounty quest, turned in Half-Ogre near Beregost, Mirianne's husband letter and Zhurlong Boots.

Baited the dwarves and female merc waylaid while traveling invisible. Got the amazons first which were easily defeated by WoMS + Hold Person + WoPara for Lamalha. Got the dwarf mercs and got crazy lucky with WoMS with a 3x ogres spawn and they had no chance. WoPara Molkar and went to sell loot. Now got to wield 2x morning star +1 each dealing 2d4+1 damage (actually amazing for a +1 weapon). Drank stone giant potion and 2x absorption and went to kill the 3x flesh golems inside the cave near the lighthouse for 6k xp. 2x mirror image scrolls protected me from lucky crits. Killed Sil and his 2 Sirines using 2x WoMS and blind + throwing axes (will probably use them more, I've got pretty good Thac0 against blinded enemies. Used WoMS to help Ardouine get rid of the 3 Worg near the Lighthouse, level up to 6f/7m, got level 4 spells so time to buy Greater Malison. Went to Ulgoth Beard to buy all scrolls and the Greenstone amulet. Took a chance a learned GM (else, have to wait until BG city). Only learned Improved Invisibility (illusion).

Left for the bandit camp. charmed Taurgosz who got killed by 2x skeletons and 2x zombies. Charmed Britik inside the tent but his weapon broke right away, so rested and charmed Hakt first try who took care of Raemon. Made the whole tent kill each other afterwards. Sold loot and headed to the mines. Recovered Gurze's Cloak/Whisper of Silence using 1x WoMS and GM+ Hold Person, then finished the last two using Web. Helped Aldeth to deal with the druids using WoMS + Hold Person while staying buffed under Greenstone Amulet. Recovered Chelak's body after asking Centheol why she's so fat. Killed Drasus party by feeding all of them to the guard but Drasus, then used the spider spawn of Kysus mixed with web for the two guards and Drasus himself for a very easy win.

Went to the last level of the mine and charmed the guard, PD slowly tanked the traps for me and lured the horror to me, who dragged them to the north-western room. Didn't bother about any enemy this time. Sent PD to scout near Davaeorn and sent the guard to beat him unconscious so PD could get the kill because why not. Killed the jelly with WoMS and also finished the guard at the same time. Used the knock scroll for the Laeral Tear necklace.
    quxpybxv9kul.png

BG and obtaining perfect saves
    Went to High Hedge to sell loot and buy the robe of the good archimagi before going to BG, then went to get some scrolls. Also bought the Thresher +2. For guaranteed success I need 24 int so I went to do Ramazith's quest for the Nymph cloak at the same time. First killed Ramazith by charming him, wasting his spells and fighting his own spider and skeleton warrior and got the Guard ring and the Amplifier. Got the Int tome for 20 base int, went to kill the mages on top of Sorcerous Sundries using WoMS for Spider Spawn and learn all the scroll that I could there. Went into the Thieves Hideout for the tome of dexterity.

Went to kill Ragefast with WoMS + GM + WoPara and freed the nymph for the Nymph Cloak. Used Greenstone Amulet to avoid his WoPara.

Started the Helm of Balduran quest and talked to Degrodel for the Stone to Flesh scrolls. Freed Vail and grabbed the Cloak and Helm of Balduran. Went to kill Voltine for the amazing WoPoly which I recharged right away. Went to buy the Claw of Kazgaroth and now have perfect saves vs Web (up to -3 with the cloak of balduran, -4 vs wands).

BG Main quest
    Went to clear the Seven Suns. WoMS + Hasted with myself buffed with Blur and Shield (didn't really bother about ghost armor for those doppleganger) cleared them quickly once debuffed with GM + Blind + Slow for a nice -8 AC, WoPara was also good to use but I tried to save charges. -13 slashing AC on top of blind + slow kept me safe from damage. Turned in the quest to Scar and quickly completed the ogre mage quest using Web and WoPoly.

Time for the Iron Throne. Used WoMS to lure Shennara and debuffed her with GM+Blind+Slow. did the same to Kaalos. Rested and charmed Gardush with the nymph cloak who killed everybody without any issue with his great THAC0 and APR. Finished him with WoPara. Went back to the flaming fist HQ, gave an angel skin ring to fergus and went to Candlekeep.

Candlekeep & Palace Ambush
    Got ambushed by 4x ogre mages on arrival. Killed them all with 2x casts of WoMS, GM + Slow + WoPoly. Went to steal the gems in the inn and robbed the castle for some expensive jewelery, potions and quite a bit of gold. Charmed Tuth who took care of Rieltar party who got killed by Bruno, who I finished with WoPara. Went to the catacomb and looted the crypts. Got the tome of wisdom and strength. Bor easily took care of Prat's party, grabed the amazing Throwing Axe +2 which I now dual wield with Thresher +2. Finished Bor with WoPara.lh5ghf581y3m.png

Went back to save Duke Eltan by blinding and slowing the greater doppleganger and killed it with WoMS. Charmed Larze who took care of Slythe, used WoMS + WoF scorcher to activate Krystin and wasted her spells using WoMS, then killed her with Larze + WoMS.

Palace was extremely easy after bringing the charmed Greater Basilisk from the warehouse to the party. Petrified the mage first, then the rest one after the other. Didn't even had to charm/isolate them, the fight took about 30 seconds. Went back to the Palace to kill my beloved Basilisk and looted the treasury for some extra gold.

Some extra chores and the Ice Island
    Completed Tremain's son while doing Marek and Lothander quest and got the second wisdom tome. Killed all the priestest of Umberlee by charming Jalantha, summoning her Animate Dead and wasting all of her spells. The skeleton warrior killed the whole temple while I stayed invisible. Also trapped Lothander with WoMS and stunned him with WoPara to loot his gear, Marek killed easily with WoMS + WoPara.

Ice Island

Mage trio easily killed in Jelly Form using WoMS, WoF and WoPara. Killed Garan by polymorphing into Jelly Form and charming him for him to be killed by his own Ankhegs. Charmed the 3 wolves and used WoMS to kill Dezkiel while I stayed invisible. Went back to kill Telan using GM + WoPara + WoMS. Drank potion of Genius and learned a few more scrolls including Stoneskin and Minor Sequencer.

Went to spider wood to kill the mages for The Victor, simply blasted them out of sight using 19 OGL charges. Went to recharge OGL, WoF and a WoPara that I got from the ice island.

Durlag's Tower
    Went to get the final Wisdom tome using Knock + Minor Spell Deflection, reached my final form in term of stats for BG1.
    On the first level, I absolutely crushed the Skeleton Warriors and Jellies using Jelly form + Cloud Giant potion + oil of speed for ranged crushing damage. It was as efficient as I expected. I still could easily finish the Jelly outside of jelly form but the Skeleton Warriors were much easier polymorphed. Ranged the Flesh Golems with the Throwing Axe +2 and WoMS. Used the infinite fire trap for the Doppleganger but WoPoly also works very well as their low ST are bugged and sadly stuck at 20 instead, which means that they're super easy to kill. Also used that very same fire trap to heal when needed with Batalista's Passport + PoF. Also dragged the warden to the trap, had to rest to dispel Love protection.

Level 2: Got Durlag's Goblet and Kiel's Helmet, would be ready right now to leave for SoD. Cleared the level and dragged the doom guards to the infinite fire trap in the bottom left.

Level 3: Entrance fire trap easily killed the Greater Wyverns. Bear killed with Web, oil of speed and WoPara. Air aspect & stalkers lured into the fireball trap, WoPara the Phoenix Guards, WoF scorcher the Fission Slime.

Level 4: Used a potion of absorption and lure the king downstairs with a few pawns and separated them invisible using WoMS. Could have used a quick WoPoly but as I'm going with NR strats, the best way was to use WoMS to lure the King into an acid pool and let him die while staying invisible. Unlike engaging in the fight with the MC, summoned monsters will only lure enemies that are in sight rather than the whole crowd. 4rjnc80z9b0r.png
    Northern Helmed Horrors easily killed with WoMS + GM + WoPoly. Greater Ghoul ranged with throwing axe + WoMS beforre fighting Grael who I GM + Squirellized with his whole team. Had to go sell stuff in High Hedge before continuing and recharger the goblet at the same time, which I don't plan using before ToB. Completed the 3 riddles and went for the Demon Knight.

Demon Knight fight went really well. Buffed with PfM, storm giant potion for 24 str, 2x mind focus for 25 dex & a heroism potion for a THAC0 of 2, then finally an oil of speed. Broke the mirror, PfM prevented a clone of myself from spawning, mirror fiend reduced the Demon Knight HP to Near Death with my assistance, wasted the Demon's fireballs using WoMS who also kept him in place and finished him with ranged Throwing Axe +2 at 20-25 damage.w4a8lqcv78s7.png

Aec'Latec
    Sold loot, recharged WoMS and bought all the protection scrolls from High Hedge and Sorcerous Sundries, also bought a few extra GM scrolls and arrows of detonation. Did the zombie infestation quest for fun and arrived at Ulgoth Beard invisible. Funny thing, I have the blade in hand and Hurgan doesn't want to take it, looks like the cult has to obtain in no matter what. Pre-casted stoneskin and rested in the Inn, then got the dagger stolen by cultists after using WoMS. Got remove magic then went invisible, couldn't get detected thanks to whisper of silence. Wasted the mage spells using WoMS, GM + used web then polymorphed the mage, then WoPara the rest. Same tactic before going inside the house but polymorphed most of them.

Charmed the guard near the bookcase to the north and made him kill the mage and the archer. Charmed the second guard and triggered the 2 assassins with the cult enforcer using WoF. Killed them all using GM + Slow + Haste + WoPara. Finished the last one by blinding him and throwing axes at him.

Charmed 2x cult guard with Nymph Cloak to kill Tracea while invisible and drank Oil of Speed + 2x potion of magic protection for 100 MR. Big Surprise, now in 2.6 Aec Latec is immune to WoPara, this is going to make the fight much harder... not really. Got him with a GM + Wand of Polymorphing right after which reduced him to Near Death and triggered his death sequence. From the test that I made so far in 2.6, he seems to also be immune to web so immobilization isn't a viable tactic anymore, at least using insane SCS. He can still be blinded though.k1xkznkz6sci.png

Undercity and Sarevok
    Before finishing BG1, grabbed 2 more OGL from Nadine and bought the second one from the Elfsong Tavern merchant, then recharged everything but the wand of fire. Grabbed the pantaloon because why not and everything that I though was going to be necessary. I should have a ton of gold available at the beginning of SoD from all the gems that I've been saving.Killed Sunin for the Evermemory using my WoF then finally went to recharge it. In the undercity, charmed Gorf took take of the party then got killed by Haseo, who I charmed to take care of Tamoko then I finished him with WoPara.

For Sarevok, went invisible and lured them all using WoMS, then GM+OGL out of sight after waiting Diarmid's PFM. 12 charge Semaj, 20 Tazok, 28 Angelo, Diarmid 38. Lured the skeleton warriors away then WoPara Sarevok for the kill.nsq70n6g65p7.png

Final Stats and gear starting SoD
    4jj5ff5zrr5c.png99p08t1pik06.png

Only thing that I really dislike in 2.6 so far is the bugged ST for enemies that should have very low ST otherwise, it really feels wrong to me to win fights abusing this but heh, it's not really avoidable in the end. The changes to some fights, the improved resistances/immunities and AI compared to the previous version that I played are very nice though.

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,852
    Only thing that I really dislike in 2.6 so far is the bugged ST for enemies that should have very low ST otherwise, it really feels wrong to me to win fights abusing this but heh, it's not really avoidable in the end.
    For example, that Greater Malison you used on Aec'Letec in order to land a Wand of Polymorphing hit? Totally unnnecessary; he auto-fails all non-breath saves in LoB.

Actually, you're still exploiting a loophole there. Aec'Letec has a standard demon immunity item, and that includes immunity to polymorphing. A Polymorph Other spell would have had no effect whatsoever. But polymorph immunity on its own only blocks the actual transformation effect; the other effects such as imposing a weapon and setting max HP go through unless there's a specific immunity to the resource. Sources of polymorph immunity such as RINGDEMN have that specific immunity to spells like Polymorph Other, but not to item sources such as the wand.
    So then, the demon gets his maximum HP reduced to 5; as he's level 10, that minimum is too low and the engine sets him to 5/10 HP. Or maybe 5/21 in LoB. You still need to land a hit to drop him to 1 and trigger the death script, but one hit should be enough.

Aec'Letec's immunity to the wand of paralyzation comes from the min-HP item he now has; the many immunities there include stun. Before 2.6, all he had were standard demon immunities and resistances.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,377
    Nice progress - and some neat tactics for regular playtrough.
  • XDarkStrikerXXDarkStrikerX Member Posts: 102
    I still had my save prior to Aec'Latec and found out something. It seems that if you manage to polymorph him twice, there is an extra 1 crushing damage that applies to the second cast that lands, which is due to the ''scripted death'' I assume and he just dies. Not really worth it unless playing bugged LoB though.

Still I figured out a reliable way to defeat him without having to rely on saves at all, simply stacking potions of absorption (needed 2) as he's dealing crushing damage so he simply can't land any hit but crits. With luck, stoneskin, an oil of speed, a potion of storm giant strength, potion of invulnerability, potion of heroism and healing potions in case you get really unlucky, it works really well. Only issue is landing hits as his AC is incredibly low, which means that using Luck, blinding him and using slow if you can speeds it up considerably as you don't have to wait for crits. I tried using Kiel's morningstar +3 for a bit more THAC0 and damage but for some reasons once I go berserk, it gives an enormous attack bonus to Aec'Latec (something like +9 rather than -17) and I get killed in a few seconds.

I can't remember if this is new, but you can also go back up the stairs during the fight, which means that you can easily change your setup and go back to rest after killing the cultists if needed. I definitely appreciate his new immunities though.
  • UniverseUniverse Member Posts: 71
    edited October 2023
    Hi all, i have some questions about this challange). The essense of challenge is basic improved AI settings, better calls for help, prebuffing, improved creatures & chapter-end-fights - including Ascension for ToB. Solo + ToB. I understand this, what about other tweaks from SCS, like include icewind dale spells? improved shapeshifting?
    And what's most important, the game itself is on difficulty LoB, but what about SCS difficult slider? Should I customize it for myself or should I also set everything to maximum? Thank you for your attention)
    Welcome to the LoB +SCS Solo Challenge

This rules of this unique adventure are quite simple:

1. Legacy of Bhaal Difficulty (LoB) + Swoard Coast Stratagems (SCS). Mandatory for SCS are the basic improved AI settings, better calls for help, prebuffing, improved creatures & chapter-end-fights - including Ascension for ToB. Everything else is optional even though using the hardest setting is highly preferred!!

3. The Main Character has to play Solo

4. The ideal playthrough should contain Baldurs Gate → Siege of Dragonspear → Baldurs Gate 2 → Throne of Bhaal.

4. All classes are allowed including Dual- or Multiclassing. All races are allowed as well as unlimited rerolls on character creation screen. Reloads are allowed even though playing a no-reload challenge is higly welcome! Players using no-reload will get marked with [nR].

5. A reasonably detailed description of your progress would be great. Screenhosts are nice but no must have.

To spice up things a bit more we have created some more challenges - here you go:The Cataclysm

Charname is afflicted with Bhaal´s curse, meaning they have to defeat the following enemies. In each part one enemy can be skipped while one more can be skipped freely among the rest.

- Kahrk (BGEE)
    - Karoug (BGEE)
    - Demon Knight (BGEE)
    - Aec´Letec (BGEE)
    - Coldhearth (SoD)
    - Morentherene (SoD)
    - Neothelid (SoD)
    - Shadow Aspect (SoD)
    - Firkraag (SoA)
    - Planar Warden (SoA)
    - Unseeing Eye (SoA)
    - Kangaxx (SoA)
    - Layene (SoA)
    - Saladrex (ToB)
    - Demogorgon (ToB)

In addition Charname is afflicted with 15 divine curses out of the following 16. After each part he or she can change the curse once:

Ao:
    1. Charname can only carry as many weapons as fit into quickslots. After reaching 3 million XP´s he gets one additional weapon

2. Arcane multi- and dualclass casters can only have as many arcane spells scribed as a sorcerer of equal level. Numbers of spells they can memorise remain unaffected

3. Divine multi- and dual class casters can only choose from as many divine spells as a shaman of equal level. Numbers of spells they can memorise remain unaffected

Arvoreen:
    The inventory may be accessed during combat only to use consumables. Duplicates of any kind cannot use quick slot items

Chauntea:
    No XP farming except for charname who dual classes after reaching at least 3 million XP´s

Cyric:
    Potion- and spellbuffs with a duration of less than 2 hours may only be applied during combat

Gond: Jegg, Cromwell, and Cespenar can each upgrade just one item

Helm: Defensive items can only be recharged once in shops

Ilmater:
    No containers of any kind. Items dropped on the ground are lost

Lolth:
    No antidots or elixirs of health

Malar:
    Except for Beast Masters only one summon spell can be active in combat

Mystra:
    Each creature gains the saving throw fix

Selune:
    Resting is only allowed in inns and cleared dungeon floors. In the wilderness it only works near houses

Sune:
    Creatures cannot be charmed or dominated with items

Tempus:
    Except for Wizard Slayers retreats from ambushes are only possible if
    1. At least one enemy takes damage
    2. Charname takes damage from a physical attack or gets hit by a spell/gaze
    OR
    3. Charname has to kill one enemy

Tymora:
    Random number of Hit Points on level up and no INT-buffing for scroll scribing

Tyr:
    No attacking or killing of innocents unless they have been provoked through dialogue

Waukeen:
    Offensive items can only be recharged once in shops

If this is still too easy for you - here comes the Hardcore Version:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________Amnesia Challenge

Your character has been afflicted with amnesia, making them forget how to use multiple weapons and spells effectively:

Arcane casters can only have as many arcane spells scribed as a sorcerer of equal level (e.g. a level 8 wizard could have 5 level 1 spells, 3 level 2 spells, 2 level 3 spells and 1 level 4 spell scribed). Numbers of spells they can memorise remain unaffected.

Divine casters can only choose from as many divine spells as a shaman of equal level would have access to. (e.g. a level 6 cleric can only choose from 4 level 1 spells, 2 level 2 spells and 1 level 3 spell). Numbers of spells they can memorise (including bonuses from Wisdom) remain unaffected.

Each character can only carry as many weapons as fit into their quickslots. So a paladin could carry 3 different weapons, a fighter could carry 4 and a mage could carry 2. An additional 1-handed weapon can be kept exclusively for off-hand use if desired, and can be interchanged with a shield as necessary.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________Beggars Opera - The Poverty Challenge [Pov]

- The main character has to play solo without any NPC´s.
    - You are allowed to use gold only to solve specific quests
    - You cannot equip or use any items except the ones that are essential to finish quests
    - You can use temporary items created by spells like Flame Blade or Spiritual Hammer

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________Bane of the Wizard Slayer [Bane]

Your character is afflicted with the bane of the Wizard Slayer and therefore unable to use any of the following items:

- No Necklaces, Rings, Gloves/Bracers
    - No Potions except for Healing
    - No Cloaks and Girdles
    - No Wands

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________The Adventurer [Adv]

- The main character has to play solo without any NPC´s.
    - You are allowed to use gold for quests and temple services but not for buying any items.
    - You can equip or use any items you have found during your adventure - good hunting!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________Grondo´s and Harpa´s Aslum of Arcane Madness

This is our personal Sphere of Chaos for all misleaded players out there - do you think you are strong enough?

- No antidots
    - No-Reload only
    - No XP loops or farming
    - No maximum Hit Points at levelup
    - No healing potions or items except for regeneration

- No Arrows of Detonation/Dispelling buying in BG1
    - No Algernons Cloak or Nymph Cloak in BG1/SoD
    - No Staff of the Magi in SoA & ToB
    - No Speed Weapons in SoA
    - No Wish spells for ToB

May fate smile upon you esteemed adventurer!

The following challenges are running at the moment:

@alice_ashpool: Darkmoon Monk [nR], Fighter/Cleric [CATACLYSM]
    @AvidGamerFan: Fighter/Mage/Thief
    @Blackraven: Cleric/Ranger [nR], Fighter/Thief [nR]
    @Grondo: Sorcerer [CATACLYSM], Shadowdancer6/Fighter [CATACLYSM]
    @histamiini: Blade [nR], Cavalier [CATACLYSM]
    @Harpagornis: Enchanter3/Fighter [CATACYLSM] + Enchanter3/Cleric [CATACYLSM] + Shadowdancer6/Fighter [CATACLYSM]+ Avenger [CATACLYSM]
    XDarkStrikerX: Fighter/Illusionist

Hall of Fame:

*****THE NEW LORDS OF MURDER WHO HAVE BEATEN THE WHOLE CHALLENGE*****

@Harpagornis: Korgath the Dwarven Bounty Hunter + Su´kka the Half-Orc Barbarian

@Harpagornis + @Vynn: Eklun the Human Totemic Druid18/ Fighter [nR]

@histamiini: Sir Vanderley the Human Cavalier + Seven the Dwarven Defender + Trabb the Half-Elf Cleric/Mage [nR] + Triss the Gnomish Fighter/Illusionist [nR] + Kayla the Human Blade + Serafina the Human Archer21/ Cleric + Prada the Sorcerer [nR] + Nemesis the Fighter/Mage/Cleric [nR] + Jin the Dark Moon Monk

@semiticgod: Frisk the Human Archer8/ Mage [nR + self-made mods] + Frisky Bits the Elven Archer [nR]

@Mr_Salty: Sir Gregor the Human Priest of Lathander

@XDarkStrikerX: Sirus the Gnomish Fighter/Illusionist + Vega the Human Sorcerer

@zaknas: Lady Rose the Half-Elf Cleric/Mage

Perhaps if I contact directly, they will answer me faster; apparently, no one has entered this topic since June 16(
  • 17651765 Member Posts: 71
    Universe wrote: »
    Hi all, i have some questions about this challange). The essense of challenge is basic improved AI settings, better calls for help, prebuffing, improved creatures & chapter-end-fights - including Ascension for ToB. Solo + ToB. I understand this, what about other tweaks from SCS, like include icewind dale spells? improved shapeshifting?
    And what's most important, the game itself is on difficulty LoB, but what about SCS difficult slider? Should I customize it for myself or should I also set everything to maximum? Thank you for your attention)

Hi,

generally I think that the Diff Sliders should be maxed, anything that adds to the difficulty should be on. Then you are free to pick and choose components, or other mods. Some people have played with additional mods, some have gone pretty much vanilla +SCS+Ascension

But the essence of the challenge is transparency. If you just describe what you are doing then people can see and compare. It' really just about explaining things. Any individual questions about specific components I can answer.

I tend to play with IWD spells and Improves Shapeshifting on.
    1765 wrote: »

Hi,

generally I think that the Diff Sliders should be maxed, anything that adds to the difficulty should be on. Then you are free to pick and choose components, or other mods. Some people have played with additional mods, some have gone pretty much vanilla +SCS+Ascension

But the essence of the challenge is transparency. If you just describe what you are doing then people can see and compare. It' really just about explaining things. Any individual questions about specific components I can answer.

But based on the description, I don’t have to set the SCS difficulty settings to maximum? and start with Tactical/Hardcore, for example?
    1765 wrote: »

Hi,

What about difficulty-based damage increase? Under this option it is indicated that SCS recommends turning it on, i.e. not receiving 100% additional damage. What to do with her?
    I enjoy the posts in this thread.

The rule set has been altered a few times, and difficulty has been added for sports. So change the settings the way you like them, and enjoy the game. This thread is about the challenge and not the rules - so if the game is a challenge, and you have to be really creative, you have the right settings.

Would enjoy another posting about a run, so I hope you get to it.

I enjoy the posts in this thread.

The rule set has been altered a few times, and difficulty has been added for sports. So change the settings the way you like them, and enjoy the game. This thread is about the challenge and not the rules - so if the game is a challenge, and you have to be really creative, you have the right settings.

Would enjoy another posting about a run, so I hope you get to it.

Thanks for the answer) we need a little more time to prepare)
    No problemo @Universe. Take your time
    passed for now bg+sod on Lob + SCS (tactical/hardcore sliders + all ai imrovements + all tactical encounters + tales of sword coast full dlc), I'm slowly starting BG2 and I'm very interested in a couple of moments:
    1. Why is there not a single complete test on YouTube, a complete passage of at least BG1 + SoD?
    2. Those players who are now in the hall of fame - where can you watch or get acquainted with at least some information on their run, videos or screenshots? Purely from the point of view of additional information on the game.
    3. If I pass the test, should I send screenshots or saves?
    I have some screenshots, saves and a bunch of notes on BG1 + SoD, unfortunately there is no way to record a video.
    hi @Universe

some screenshots and a narrative on the most challenging fights are always welcome.

I dont think youtube video’s are made, but there are several well documented runs in this thread. The descriptive format is favored in this forum and other places as well. The format was seen on the old Bioware forum and was continued here as well. It suits some but not all.

Even most of the hall of fame is not around, I am sure you can get help or hints om this thread if you post. There are still skilles gamers reading this thread ( I am not that skilled, but will still chime in )
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,038
    There are 222 pages of runs in this thread, so it is frankly a wealth of wisdom and insight, especially by some of the old school veterans who tend to do these challenges. Screenshots are the normal approach here and you will find many. I have seen some youtube links in other playthrough threads, but not in this thread. I wish you great luck in your run and will follow along if you post here.
    edited November 2023
    Aerakar wrote: »
    There are 222 pages of runs in this thread, so it is frankly a wealth of wisdom and insight, especially by some of the old school veterans who tend to do these challenges. Screenshots are the normal approach here and you will find many. I have seen some youtube links in other playthrough threads, but not in this thread. I wish you great luck in your run and will follow along if you post here.

I'm currently in BG2 on my F/M/T, but originally wanted to be a Lathander priest. There is a solo LoB SCS walkthrough by a Lathander priest on YouTube, but this player has unlocked his summon limit. And this player passed SoD only thanks to uncap summon limit, and he was now in the halls of fame of this challenge. Sadly. I thought the list of winners included honest players. I definitely won't be like that.
    I still have my diary with notes and several screenshots - I will try to recreate the chronology of the events of my playthrough of BG1 + SoD solo LoB SCS. And I'll try to take more screenshots in BG2.
    I appreciate your playthrough code and understand how not being true to it can taint the game. I myself have later quit when I have taken short cuts that I normally avoid. It just ruins the fun and immersion for me.

Any playthroughs are appreciated by many and will be perused by many on this thread, so good wishes @Universe !
    I appreciate your playthrough code and understand how not being true to it can taint the game. I myself have later quit when I have taken short cuts that I normally avoid. It just ruins the fun and immersion for me.

Any playthroughs are appreciated by many and will be perused by many on this thread, so good wishes @Universe !

thank you very much for such kind words)
    edited November 2023
    I fully agree. Any kind of playthrough will do.

I have read all the posts in this thread and have learned a great deal - even though I am a veteran player and not even playing on LoB.

So as long as you have fun and are willing to share your insight from the challenge you face, anything will do.
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    I fully agree. Any kind of playthrough will do.

I have read all the posts in this thread and have learned a great deal - even though I am a veteran player and bit even playing on LoB.

So as long as you have fun and are willing to share your insight from the challenge you face, anything will do.

and thank you very much) I think I’ll start uploading a little text walkthrough here tomorrow)
    edited November 2023
    Well, let's start our little adventure) SOLO LOB SCS (SCS SLIDER TACTICAL/HARDCORE). NO OTHER MODS,TWEAKS AND OTHER SHIT LIKE UNCAP SUMMON, HELLO @Mr_Salty :blush:
    I apologize in advance for my English, it's not my first language, I use translater.
    Before that I completed BG2 + SCS but without LoB. And I have never play BG1. But I think that my skill and knowledge are enough for me to pass this challenge. The passage will not be overly rich in rich interesting stories - it is more of a test than a plot pleasure; I will skip many things that I don’t need, including entire locations and quests. I tried to quickly skip BG1 + SOD and quickly get into the serious gameplay of BG2. But at that time I was of course mistaken, there are a lot of interesting things in BG1 + SOD. Especially the battles in SOD. But first things first)

I choose f/m/t in order to try out all the types of equipment in the game, so to speak - full content. Lawful-evil for the sake of a strong familiar.
    Let's go! :)

1. FAST START FOR MONEY, REPUTATION.
    1.1. CANDLEKEEP.
    In essence, we are skipping all the quests, they are of no use, profit, experience or money. We can head out right away. In the next location we simply loot all the gems that are there, including the diamond.
    1.2. COAST WAY & FRIENDLY ARM INN.
    Take both rings
    In both locations we take a ring of caches. It is noteworthy that one of them costs 9,000 gold. Why put such an expensive ring at such an early stage of the game - I don’t understand)
    1.3. BEREGOST.
    Talk with Marl, take 900 exp. Steal the famous cloak of charm from Algerion.
    1.4. ARCHAELOGICAL SITE.
    We speak with Brage near the destroyed caravan. We answer Death and get:
    Cursed Berserker Two-Handed Sword +3, 1000 gold, 1000 experience and +1 to Reputation.
    1.5. BEREGOST.
    We identify and sell all unnecessary items. We talk to the fat man near the road. +1 to Reputation.
    As a thief, it is advisable to sell all the loot from the game to one merchant in order to stuff it like a Thanksgiving duck, and then steal everything at once and sell it to the thief merchant near the Durlag Tower. So that there is enough money to recharge the wands.
    Donate to priest in church, if you observe the increase thresholds to 300-400 - enough money for 16-17 reputation.
    Speak with Noober. The point is to fuck him with the dialogue button to such an extent that he will run away and leave us 400 experience. Funny.
    On the left side in the cache we find a gem and Ankheg's armor.
    1.6. ROAD TO NASHKEL MINES.
    We are heading to the Nashkel Mines. In the cache in the upper left corner of the map we take the wand. We're going west. There is a cache with stones and a ring in the rocks. We speak with old man, completely sincerely, and receive a random scroll of protection.

The next part will be tomorrow :) I don’t want to post all my entries from the progress diary at once. There's still a lot to edit)
    Post edited by Universe on
    Good progress @Universe

Regarding the caches with great gear (ring and what not). In the old original game, these things were super hard to find. The caches couldn’t be highlighted and there were next to no internet guides let alone internet….

Nowadays they are easy to find, but back then it was only dumb luck if you found one.
    Good progress @Universe

Regarding the caches with great gear (ring and what not). In the old original game, these things were super hard to find. The caches couldn’t be highlighted and there were next to no internet guides let alone internet….

Nowadays they are easy to find, but back then it was only dumb luck if you found one.

Beamdogs did a great job. Even if they made it easier to find caches, they fixed a huge number of bugs and exploits. Honor and praise to them.
    Good progress @Universe

Tomorrow my adventure will be more informative, the mines of Nashkel will be more interesting)
    Good progress @Universe

Beamdogs did a great job. Even if they made it easier to find caches, they fixed a huge number of bugs and exploits. Honor and praise to them.

They did a great job, but they where also forced to leave things as they where. So no changing the game or the gameplay - since everybody and your mother knew about the ring and had a easy time findiing it in BGT, it was given that it was going to be easy to find.

Enjoy your play
    edited November 2023
    Let's continue the adventures of Mr. Universe
    1.7. EAST OF NASHKEL MINES.
    We speak with Albert on the left side of the location. There's a cache there too. We talk with Sendai, then again with Albert.
    We get 1000 experience and a stone. We charm one of the bandits with cloak, kill the second bandit one and clean the location.
    1.8 MOVE TO NORTHWEST.
    We speak with the Dryad. We charm with cloak a Kramm. Kill Kaldo.
    We farm the location, a cache in the cave to the right of the waterfall. We talk to Drienne, give the dead cat. We blind Kramm and finish him off + loot him. We hand over the quest to Dryad.
    1.9. RETURN TO NASHKEL.
    We identify all the loot and sell it. Further to the right of the Nashkel Mines, we talk with Lena, we take Samuel’s body.
    1.10. FRIENDLY ARM INN.
    We take Samuel to the Frien, give the body to the priest. We attack the killer on the guards and finish off with a spider. We are buying up all the Stone to Flesh scrolls. We take Khalid and Jaheira into the party, loot them and kick them out.
    1.11. BEREGOST.
    In the building where we robbed Algerion on the second floor, we buy a book from a merchant. In the building opposite we give the book to NPC, we get reputation and Scroll Case. If you talk to him 50 times, they will give you another 300 gold. How it works? I cannot understand)
    1.12. MOVE TO WEST OF BEREGOST.
    A merchant is inside a building, the building is guarded by three gnolls. We charm one let's attack him on the others and take him further away. We buy Potion Case, Scroll of protection from petrification, identification, invisibility, mirror image.
    1.13. BEREGOST --> Durlag Tower.
    In the temple we buy all the stone-to-flesh scrolls. Buy from fence potions of master thief.
    1.14. MOVE TO NORTH OF FRIENLY ARM INN.
    We jump into the dungeon, try to run past the ankhs on our feet, and loot a super cache. We give the body to the man on the right on the farm. Talking to the fishermen left. We take it to the north, bring Tenia’s HP to low, talk to her and complete the quest.
    We identify ALL the loot and sell it to the priest in Nashkel. We steal everything back and sell it to the thief on Durlag Tower.
    1.15. CARNIVAL.
    We steal all the weapons and armor +1. in one of the tents save the woman, charm the magician, cast 3 summons of monsters, aggro everyone towards him + blind.
    2. LOOP EXPERIENCE.
    This whole trip was just for the sake of comfort EXP LOOP.
    By this time we should have Alregion's cloak, 18-20 scrolls of stone to flesh, and a scroll of protection from petrification.
    We take it north from Durlag's Tower. Charm big basilisk, kill all small and LOOP EXP on another big basilisk, i think all knows how did this.
    Result - we have reached the cap level. We kill Mutamin and the others with the help of a large basilisk (It’s important to turn him into stone and use the stone-to-flesh scroll, otherwise if he dies as a statue, we won’t see any loot).
    We can also kill a party of killers a little to the right of Mutamin.

That's all for today) tomorrow there will be Nashkel mines, the most interesting. At that moment I truly saw the light of how to play. Thank you all for your attention)

UPD. I just now realized that F/M/T will not be able to get the Purifier for himself, no way. Because of his worldview, he simply will not physically receive it. He can wear it, but he just can’t receive it (wrong ALIGMENT).
    I think it wouldn’t be a violation of the terms of the test to join Keldron just for the sake of just one click. I won't use it in battle or anything else. It's like a Hexxat quest purely for the sake of the Bottomless Sack. I hope you understand.

Throw in some screenshots if you have the desire. Character sheets are always interesting at start and when there are important level-ups, and any unusual fights also. Have fun!
    Throw in some screenshots if you have the desire. Character sheets are always interesting at start and when there are important level-ups, and any unusual fights also. Have fun!

Tomorrow there will be screenshots, I’m still sorting them, but there aren’t many of them for BG1, so I’ll try to move to SoD as soon as possible, where I still have decent screenshots, on the verge of miracles and insanity, you’ll like it)
    In BG1, screenshots begin with the Nashkel Mines. A few in Durlag's Tower, and a few more before the end of the game. I’ll also post a couple of screenshots of how I tested killing the great werewolf Karoug as F/M/C. As you know, Karoug can ONLY be killed with silver. And F/M/C cannot carry silver weapons). And I managed to kill him)
    edited November 2023
    Here, for example, is a screenshot before the game, my awareness of what awaits me in this CHALLENGE.
    jl2udmp2bhr3.png

:dizzy: