Skip to content

When do games go on sale usually?

Hi all, I picked up the 1st Baldur's Gate on sale when DragonSpear came out. Was wondering if they have a holiday sale or something so I can buy some others? I mean I will buy it for $20 but would be kicking myself if they have sales coming up. Thanks for replies!

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I would expect something on Black Friday.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    There is always a big Holiday Sale on Steam at some point in December. There's no guarantee that BG:EE/SoD/BG2:EE will be a part of it, but it might be worth waiting.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    I think these sales come around every few months. If you can afford to wait, do... Shouldn't be more than 2-4 months till a sale rolls around. More like 1 month, with Christmas around the corner.

Or do it like me...put things into wishlists and buy them not when they get on sale and when Steam/GoG send you an email, but when you really NEED to play that game RIGHT NOW and pay the full price for being able to.
    That's hardcore gaming :smile:
  • greenekinggreeneking Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the intel. Hey.... why are we all smiling?
    edited November 2016
    We're all happy people around in this corner of the Internet :wink:
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • greenekinggreeneking Member Posts: 3
    I guess so. I even see a hint of a smile on the mindflayer, or is it just in my mind ?!
    Only @Southpaw can answer such a question :)
    Hey, I can curl my face tentacles into something that resembles a smile!

vaguely

(if you are a total psycho)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    For the next 6 days, BGEE, BG2EE and SoD are on sale as a bundle - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/62375/bgee-bg2ee-sod-at-16-19-with-bundle-stars
    @JuliusBorisov - thanks mate. Oh wow 19$.
    That's inconceivable price. When I think about how much money I have spent on the games... (pre-purchased 3 out of 4 + bought few more copies for friends I play multi-player with...mostly for full price)
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Hey! Have a :cookie:!