Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Best Weapon Set for Figher/Cleric?

Thinking of going Evil Fighter/Cleric for a playthrough. I just can't bring myself to use Viconia, despite her obvious good scores, when I can Multi-Class a cleric and have a remaining party of Kagain, Shar-Teel (dualed to a thief), Dorn, Edwin, and Baeloth.

I'm still thinking of dual-wielding maces even with The Stupefier post-patch nerfing. Any other recommendations?

Comments

• ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 193
    Love the profile picture, you can also get a quick +2 war hammer very early in the game, and it's a good enough weapon to carry you through the end of the 1st game.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovcreateaccountMelicamp
  • Tad_Has_A_Cold_OliveTad_Has_A_Cold_Olive Member Posts: 175
    Get a sling since ranged weapons are pretty good in BG. In 2.0, you don't even have to mess around in the inventory screen to try and swap between dual-wielding and ranged combat anymore.
    JuliusBorisovOrlonKronsteen
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 211

Get a sling since ranged weapons are pretty good in BG. In 2.0, you don't even have to mess around in the inventory screen to try and swap between dual-wielding and ranged combat anymore.

Appreciate the suggestion.... Yeah looking to make more of a tank. My mages will have ranged as will my bow users. Cleric will be able to use slings, but going melee primary.
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 260
    Ashideena, the +2 Warhammer that Basillus carries, might be the strongest cleric-wieldable weapon in BG1. With a Fighter/Cleric, if you wanted to dual-wield... Maybe 2 points in Warhammer, 1 in Sling, 1 in Dual Wield at level 1, a second point in dual wield at level 3 Fighter.

Alternatively, to get dual-wield off the ground quicker, go Ranger/Cleric if you weren't planning on being a Dwarf or Gnome (or Half orc? Can't remember if they can be F/C). The two extra points in Dual wield allows for a spread of something like 2 warhammer, 1 mace, 1 sling allowing for a dual wield of the Stupefier and Ashideena by level 1 with only a -4 penalty to offhand instead of the -2/-6 the F/C would start with.
    Neverused said:

Ashideena, the +2 Warhammer that Basillus carries, might be the strongest cleric-wieldable weapon in BG1. With a Fighter/Cleric, if you wanted to dual-wield... Maybe 2 points in Warhammer, 1 in Sling, 1 in Dual Wield at level 1, a second point in dual wield at level 3 Fighter.

Alternatively, to get dual-wield off the ground quicker, go Ranger/Cleric if you weren't planning on being a Dwarf or Gnome (or Half orc? Can't remember if they can be F/C). The two extra points in Dual wield allows for a spread of something like 2 warhammer, 1 mace, 1 sling allowing for a dual wield of the Stupefier and Ashideena by level 1 with only a -4 penalty to offhand instead of the -2/-6 the F/C would start with.

Cool. Yeah, Warhammer +2 / +1 Electrical does 4-7, so really 5-8 with the electrical bonus. Mace +2 does 4-9. You can pair the Mace +2 with Stupefier and have a +1 Mace that's 3-8 with the 10% stun chance. I think that may work out better.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 484
    I vote for staves. You can find magic ones quickly, high damage ones exist in the early and late game, and there are even one handed versions.
    CrevsDaakDJKajuruAerakartbone1
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 2,546

I vote for staves. You can find magic ones quickly, high damage ones exist in the early and late game, and there are even one handed versions.

I like staves for the extra damage and speed bonus you can get from having 2 handed weapon prof.
    CrevsDaakAerakarMelicamp
    edited March 3
    DJKajuru said:

I like staves for the extra damage and speed bonus you can get from having 2 handed weapon prof.
    Good stuff, thanks.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 266
    You could come out of BG1 with 1 pip in slings and still end up with 2 pips in maces, and 3 pips in dual wielding. Maces are great in BG1 with Stupefier and eventually a +2 mace. Then you could start putting pips in flails for BG2.
    createaccountAerakar
  • iNtuiNtu Member Posts: 33
    edited March 6
    One of my favorite OP chars is : Berserker 9 / Cleric , capable of total annihilation of everything and everyone in his path... War Hammers ofc ^_^ dual wield + shield on swap

Ahem, in my humble opinion - he is probably the strongest in the game in general B) not in BG1 :#
    thespace
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member Posts: 1,052
    edited March 16
    I tend to roleplay everything a little heavy so usually go with the dieties preferred weapons for his priests if possible. There is a mod (tweaks anthology I believe) now that loosens restrictions on multi class clerics weapons so you can basically get whatever you like(like the old 1st Ed. AD&D rules). I had a nice little gnome cleric thief of Urdlen that liked barbed clubs of pain and daggers. Priests of Talos should get spears, etc.(@artificial_sunlight has a great javelin mod that fits with this idea)
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
    ThacoBellMelicampAerakar