Skip to content

[NPC MOD] Ishlilka the Wizard Slayer for BG1 + SOD [FULL VERSION 1.4]

Comments

• WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    No, I think you're good. The backup folder should simply be overwritten and my only change was in the tp2.
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    I don't know exactly what rule(s) Weidu uses for a populated Backup folder. I do know, however, last time I was testing an NPC mod where this happened, it would reliably scramble the game.

Testing that on my end caused no ill effects, but its my backup folder, so....that may mean nothing at all.

If i done goofed and caused an annoying case of fresh install to any, im sorry.

Thank you for letting me know so that I got it fixed early and so that ill be aware in the future.
    edited May 2017
    I know, I know. We are all tired of me making minor adjustments all the time.

This latest version includes the final important bugfix for the forseeable future, one that prevents our dear Ishy from up and vanishing in Chapter 8 rather than being unavailable for Korlasz's Tomb. We'll call it 1.3.

Don't need to worry about it if you've already downloaded, at least until you are ready to gank Sarevok and move on to the expansion. Then you can just re-download and move on from the same save with no issue.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @WarChiefZeke Uh oh, War has been at the 'milk n cookies' again, staying up and tweaking a few things :) . I actually never saw the bug with Ish not going into the Tomb, just the one where she showed up at bedside in the palace(Although I think that was tied to NPC's that were not supposed to be in SoD anyway because of not being flagged for removal or no content for them there).

Will be there again soon ( I think).

I am liking the PID, nice to be able to 'click' on her now and get a response.

Just checking again, she does keep all the same items in SoD equipped with , after SoD tomb, right? Could not remember as I am going to try something a little off the shelf with the helm of alignment change for a darker party. Might save it for SoD though, depends on how things progress. I know, naughty that is >:) . Can't help it though, I like her and wouldn't want to risk her leaving if she does hit a certain rep level ;) Will see, I sometimes leave one 'good' character in the group for a different role-played viewpoint.

Darned if I don't always think to myself she aught to have skill in crossbow starting out as opposed to longbow, considering her pic. I always played WSer's to get that heavy crossbow of accuracy to make SURE I got that first shot to land.

Keep truckin with it, coming along nicely.
    Yep, she keeps all her equipment. I also give her a pip in crossbows as well, so she can use that +5 one and get in a shot before anyone has the chance to cast :smiley:

• RangeltoftRangeltoft Member Posts: 83
    Quick note, I installed this mod for my latest run. Just caught up with Xzar and Monty. And Montaron is firing of a dialogue that starts with " Mage-bleeder, I have need of ye". Had that dialogue in another run that. but the thing is, I have not meet Ishlilka yet in this one.
    Are you using the latest version? Any other mods? definitely should not be doing that at this point.
    Latest version(atleast i think so), but i do have a bunch of other mods. including Bg1NPC, with the increased banter rate.
    1.3 is the latest, you should be able to see it by opening the ishlilkamod exe if you have it.

This sounds like one or more mods are set up improperly or conflicting resulting in buggy dialog.tlk references.

NPC Project shouldnt have any issues with Ishlilka. Virtually all testing on my end has been done with that mod installed.
    Its more then likley that the problem is a bugg in my install. did it after working 5 nightshifts in a row..
    Will check it out on my second install and see if i can recreate the bugg there.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Looks like I keep finding npc mods lately. Will be trying this out very soon.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    @WarChiefZeke , you might update your own thread?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/884252/#Comment_884252

Now that Ishlilka is more or less final, I might start a campaign with her.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Just finished BG1 with Ishlika and she was pretty enjoyable. She wasn't overpowered and didn't insert herself into every single dialogue/decision. Pretty well written and her quest was a fairly difficult surprise but not unduly so. Unfortunatley losing her in the transfer to SoD is extremely awkward. I run with Imoen and usually take secondary thief skills with my charname's multiclass, so I just transferred over with only 3 party members. Leaving the SoD awkwardness out, its a very solid mod for BG1.
    One day ill figure out how to properly do that transition so that she doesn't skip the initial dungeon and instead leaves the party vanishing at the same time as everyone else. :D. I did somewhat apologize for that in the readme and promised to change it at a later date.

Thank you for the feedback :) Ishlilka's BG1 portion was very much a test run in modding for me, so im collecting all the opinions I can about what I did good and what I can do better for the next portion.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

Romance is available to Half Orcs, Humans, and Half Elves, although Half Elves will have special difficulties.

A question: what gender is required to experience the romance path? Any other prerequisites, alignments or statwise?

edited July 2017
    Ah, sorry, should have specified. It is only available to male characters, and though you can be of any aligbment, extreme evil will likely end the romance.

No stat requirements.
    Post edited by WarChiefZeke on
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    @WarChiefZeke, does Ishlilka work somehow with Wizard Slayer Rebalanced? I mean, if I have this mode installed, will Ishlilka use rebalanced kit or the original?
    edited July 2017
    @Artona I have heard from players that Ishlilka is totally compatible with the Rebalanced Wizard Slayer and should have the kit, though ive yet to try it myself. I see no reason why it shouldnt be there.
    @WarChiefZeke thank you for your answer, I'll try it out.
    I haven't seen many half-orc NPCs and Ishlilka definitely looks interesting. :)
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Artona said:

@Artona Ive been running her with WSRebalanced for a while now and it works fine. B)
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

One day ill figure out how to properly do that transition so that she doesn't skip the initial dungeon and instead leaves the party vanishing at the same time as everyone else. :D. I did somewhat apologize for that in the readme and promised to change it at a later date.

Thank you for the feedback :) Ishlilka's BG1 portion was very much a test run in modding for me, so im collecting all the opinions I can about what I did good and what I can do better for the next portion.

You could make a dialog to fire as soons as you enter the temple of Bhaal where the NPC explains that it will leave after the battle to resolve something and will meet you in a couple of days.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    hello, are you planning to make tob content someday?
    Yes, BG2/TOB content is going to happen for sure. As of now, I don't have a timeline. But it will come.
    Zaghoul said:

Artona said:

@Artona Ive been running her with WSRebalanced for a while now and it works fine. B)
    Thank you, Zaghoul. :)
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Very interesting idea. I don't think a single person so far has made a recruitable NPC a Wizard Slayer (or if they have, it was a minor one) I don't have SoD which might screw up the mod on install, but I definitely want to try it out, and can't wait for the BG2 inclusion.
    That reminds me, I need to make the BG:EE only version :D. that had totally slipped my mind, I apologize.

I should have that ready to go within the next few days since I have a bit of free time.

But installing the SOD version won't work if you don't have SOD i'm afraid.

Thanks, im glad people are looking forward to BG2. I plan for it to be better in every way, if I can manage it.
    @WarChiefZeke, could you help me out?

Ishilika is silent in my game for quite a while and I start getting worried. I killed the mage she wanted me to (the one near Gnoll Stronghold) and I have one conversation with her after that, when she called me "good friend" or something among those lines. It was right after Nashkel mines, and now I am in Baldur's Gate and she did not initiate any conversation.
    Am I being impatient? Should I do something to trigger next conversation?

With that said I really like the mod, both in writing and gameplay-wise (I love her javelin). Great work. :)
    Thanks @Artona !

I've never had any bugs with dialogues not firing, but if the timer is up and the dialogue is ready to go, you should be able to initiate it just by talking to her.

Normally you would just get the standard player-initiated dialogues.
    You're welcome, @WarChiefZeke, and thanks for response. :)
    Well, maybe it's because I have Dorn in my party? She does seem to like Mrs "IT SHALL BE EVEN BLOODIER THAN YOU HOPED!" very much.