Skip to content

[NPC MOD] Ishlilka the Wizard Slayer for BG1 + SOD [FULL VERSION 1.4]

Comments

• rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    Spoilers removed, sorry.

• WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    edited March 2017
    No problem :)

Script issues fixed, it should now be possible to end the romance by being a total cretin and players are advised that they need to initiate it via conversation.
    I think it might help people if you start numbering these releases.

In any case, with all the bellyaching, I might have forgotten to mention my thanks for the mod. Ishlika is a great addition to the game; fills an interesting niche role, has an engaging quest and distinct personality, but she isn't so stuffed with dialogue that replay would suffer.
    Zaghoul
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Yep, I am following this one very closely so @rashkae has a helpful point about numbering the file.
  • CerinCerin Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2017
    Hey, and thanks for providing this NPC mod!

I've installed some NPCs on top of my heavily modded BG:EE, and ones like White and Isra have installed ok, but today with Ishlilka I encountered an error with a missing BDIMOEN.DLG resource.

I attached the debug txt and a screeshot of the weidu console with the error, if this tells you anything.

Maybe it's just something to do with my specific configuration, in which case nothing serious, and I'll try again next time I'm doing a fresh install.
    BDIMOEN.DLG error seems to occur when one doesn't have the modmerge installed, do you have that by any chance?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    Uhm, @Cerin may be also missing SoD. BD is a SoD content prefix. And yes, modmerge would also be needed (unless Beamdog Client is used, I think you don't need it with BC)
    WarChiefZeke
    edited March 2017
    Oh, yes, if you are missing SOD the BG:EE standalone is in a separate download, just two comments down from the OP download.

If you only have BG:EE, try that one out, and let me know how that works.
    There's a dialogue missing.. My game is getting stuck on Talk 10, which doesn't exist in the dialogue file,,
    edited March 2017
    *facepalm*

thank god i have everything highly organized in a separate folder to make these things easy. fixed.

You need to rest for this one to trigger. Also, you will get very different responses and information depending upon your actions and stage in the game thus far.

You forgot to decrease the number of OR conditions.
    Not anymore I didn't! :)

Thank you for your help in getting this polished. We'll start from this point and call it Version 1.0 since numbering was requested.
    Zaghoul
    Dang dude, your Johnny on the spot with fixes. Nice. :)
    I am in the process of adding modes to a new setup right now. Will try the most up to date version tonight.
    WarChiefZeke
    I released it during a time when I would have the free time to fix any needed changes...been sitting on it for months for that reason actually. Didn't want to release a buggy mess than vanish without at least leaving a functional product :)
    Maybe I should have mentioned earlier that there's a typo in the very first line of the .tp2 file? Not sure that one *should* be fixed however. If it's changed, those of us who have been testing *must* uninstall before re-installing.
    You're right, I'm playing without SoD and didn't notice the file in the 3rd post. Thanks for pointing it out!

Based on the upload date, seems like the vanilla EE version is still missing the talk 10? In that case, I'll wait for the fix, seems kinda important.
    edited March 2017
    Both the SOD and BG:EE-only downloads have been updated. Here's what changed:

- Extended the Friendship/LT timers. Getting her at FAI means you have her for quite a while so it only makes sense they don't get rushed.

- Embarrassingly, I forgot to add in the banters for two companions, Montaron and Ajantis. That has also been fixed.
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the update...

I think you missed the point of requesting numbering... It's not what you call it in the forum, but the name of the file we download.. (when you have a trail of dozens of downloads all with the same filename, it becomes a guessing game of what you have.)

:D

noted.
    Using the vanilla BG:EE file from the 3rd post, the same error with BDIMOEN.DLG still comes up for me.
    Sorry bout that @Cerin, forgot to remove some SOD related dialogue in the BG:EE only version. It is all removed now and should work.

With the new timers everything is going more or less how I envisioned it in this version. I'll still be here for quick game breaking fixes but I expect this to be *the* version for a while. Least while I work on fleshing out SOD's portion a bit. Anything minor I will make a list of and fix all at once.
    Install successful, sweet!
    WarChiefZeke
    @WarChiefZeke giving the latest version a another go round, but don't expect to see many differences. the first ran pretty well for me with the BGEE SoD version. Keep up the work on SoD. Looking forward to seeing more of that mythology.
    It would be interesting to see her react to most mages. I do not remember if she did to Daevorn in the cloakwood mines or not, I dont think so from the list you sent me. Thalantyr, Ramazith, Ragefast and the like. Will look for it again. Just ideas to sift through.
    A few mages in SoD so looking forward to it.
    I do not remember seeing anything react with the FAI mage where I met her. What was she supposed to say? I could have missed it though trying to stay alive. Ish whipped his butt though.

Keep up the great work. :)
    On a side note I am using the mod wizard slayer rebalancing mod in my setups by @AlexT . Works great with her. No problems that I can tell.
    edited March 2017
    I made some fixes to the SOD portion of the mod and updated it. What changed:

Fixed a bug that made it possible that the SOD quest wouldn't fire.

Repaired the AI of some quest enemies.

Prevented certain dialogues from firing too soon.

She should now have more to say as well.

Oh, and BG1's quest enemy got a small boost.
    Zaghoul
    edited March 2017
    @WarChiefZeke Good,good, bout ready to hit SoD with her. She will be at the last scrap against Big S, so should transfer over. I have her as the last mod so updates work better (or the last one did 'in-game'.
    Boost to BG1 enemy a good thing I think cause Ish cut him a new one this last round,hehheh.
    WarChiefZeke
    edited March 2017
    @WarChiefZeke
    Getting some weird stuff happening with the latest update although it does not really seem to cause any lasting problems. I know sometimes some SoD looking banter comes unannounced. I have seen this before with other mods that add characters to but does not cause a problem.

After doing a fresh install of every mod I use I have two Ish's appearing at the FAI. One making the attack/training moves and the other one talking and eventually joining my group.
    Just wondered if there are other reports coming in on this. Not a problem as I said but looks strange. May just be on my end.

Update: Definitely some mod or the combo of said mod with SoD, as the Quests and Encounters mod sometimes causes double versions of the lovesick half orc quest. And sometime a double of the Mr.Colquettes necklace as well.
    Don't think it is an issue with Ish.
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
    I've never had any reports of a double appearance nor seen it myself...i'm approaching the end of what I hope to be the complete and non-beta version, so i'll try and figure out what might be the cause of this. If it's indeed a mod conflict i'll see if I can make some adjustment on my part.
  • sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
    edited April 2017
    @WarChiefZeke I used the one for BG:EE, but I got an error.

Attaching my debug file as well.

BG:EE + SoD player on Steam
    It seems to be a problem transferring her weapon into the game. One other person came to me with this problem. Still trying to figure it out. If any high-level modders have any insight, i'd appreciate it.
    @sansserif , did you have the modmerge installed when you encountered this bug? I saw on another thread you had mentioned you had uninstalled it. Please let me know :)