Skip to content

Comments

• IcallhimlecobraIcallhimlecobra Member Posts: 59
    note the weapon icons on character portraits. never seen them before.
    MikeMastersOxford_Guy
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited November 2012

note the weapon icons on character portraits. never seen them before.

Yep.. thats exactly what I wanted to say. Those who are in a middle of a fight are the ones with a weapon icon on their portrait..

Too bad the pictures are low res..
    Icallhimlecobra
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Not just weapon icons. Check out Neera's portrait in the second screenshot.

Looks like she's casting Armor. :)
    IcallhimlecobraDiscoCat
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    “We are committed to doing Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition,” he says. “The instant Baldur’s Gate is completed most of our team is ready to start work on [it], with a couple holding back to continue to add features and support the fans...We're planning on shipping [it] in 2013, hopefully before the end of summer. I want to enjoy some sun this year - 2012 was a write off.”

So who are the two being held back to provide support of bg:ee, so we can pester them for new features?
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    "For $9.99 (£6.25), three days of non-stop gaming certainly promises more value for money than pressing jump over and over again."

Quite. Though "three days"? I've played weeks of it!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I think that's implying that you don't follow the load screen's direction to "take regular breaks" and "remember that while your character doesn't need to eat, YOU DO."

72 hours of gameplay is pretty solid. ;)
    Sophia
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I bet someone out there is making a tiny shrine of all these screenshots :P
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I know I am.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    *squees* :D
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    I cant believe how pretty it looks, after all these years!
    ARKdeEREH
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    The weapon icon and the shield icon over Neera probably just show you what they are currently doing. Dorn is attacking, so a sword icon appears.

@ajwz

Trent said before 1 person was being held back, but didn't say who that was. In the interview I see he said 2 people. They still need to add in cloud saves, cross platform play, and matchmaking, plus fix bugs. I can see the immediate need for 2 programmers.
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    Finally, some news! Lookin good!!!
  • CandramelekhCandramelekh Member Posts: 109
    Fireshield? We all doomed!
    mickyh44
  • srvksrvk Member Posts: 65
    In the second screenshot, too much of the user interface is unused. Compare it with this pic for example http://www.wuphonsreach.org/Games/BaldursGate/ThreeCows-OriginalBaldursGate.jpg. The buttons for maximizing/minimizing the dialog are not looking good (personal opinion)

But, thumps up for the small icons on character portraits. It will be a really useful feature.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    still that blue GUI ... :/
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    edited November 2012
    srvk said:

In the second screenshot, too much of the user interface is unused. Compare it with this pic for example http://www.wuphonsreach.org/Games/BaldursGate/ThreeCows-OriginalBaldursGate.jpg. The buttons for maximizing/minimizing the dialog are not looking good (personal opinion)

But, thumps up for the small icons on character portraits. It will be a really useful feature.

You do realize that shot was the original 640x480 eh? I think the new text box gives the illusion of empty space, but perhaps it was a requirement to maintain balance and compatibility with various screen sizes.
    I'm looking forward to the ZOOM feature. Hopefully it works!
    Oxford_GuyMedullaOblongata
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Doesn't matter if GUI is blue or not. As long as it is "stoneish", it's all good for me.

Additional icons on portraits can potentially be good idea.
    QuartzHaHaCharadeSophia
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    The brown GUI of BG2 is a lot nicer than the gray / blue of this one, hopefully it will be easy to mod it to a different colour.

I really dont like the blue / gray colour.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Mungri said:

The brown GUI of BG2 is a lot nicer than the gray / blue of this one,

I guess it's trying to be more BG1-like, though it ought to be greyer, in that case, though I prefer the BG2 brown gui myself...
    Mungri said:

hopefully it will be easy to mod it to a different colour.

I really dont like the blue / gray colour.

I'm waiting to see what it looks like "in the flesh" before making a final opinion on this, but it would be nice if the GUI is mod-able

• AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    I wonder how this action (weapon\spell) icon on portrait will look like when all the portrait is stuffed with different effects from high-level gear. Usually by the end of SoA my chars portrait got buried under all the icons..
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    @Anton yeah, but burying the characters under icons... That felt goooood (Like "yeah, im powerful now!")
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Only think I disliked were the big icons over the portraits...
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    Very cool looking. Where was the 1st screenshot area I haven't played BG in years but I don't remember that particular area.
  • srvksrvk Member Posts: 65
    It's from the new maps, probably cloud peaks
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    ok thanks
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    The blue stone does seem a lot less blue ... perhaps my eyes are deceiving me or I've just grown to tolerate it. But the repeated stone texture in the bottom area still remains and make me sad inside.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I think the new UI looks gorgeous. The only thing I didn't like about it was the font.
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    Nice Screenshots for sure... but why the hell no one can post at least only ONE TIME a 1080p Screenshot :D
    AntonFelix