Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

"Best" Good Party Mage ?

124»

Comments

• DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 17
    edited November 9
    I've been adventuring around with Branwen for some time now since the decisions above and I find her capable and not annoying. Not terribly interesting either - but I can live with that.

Dumped Ajantis for Kivan. Much less annoyance there. The whole whispering angst and need for revenge bit is much more satisfying then the Helm's Boy Scout act.

Also have been satisfied with the replacement of Neera with Dynaheir - the archaic speech / mannerisms are much better for immersion than the Good Golly Jeepers ! vibe.

It took some doing but it seems that there are good party combinations that are tolerable in BG1.

My current line-up:

PC (Sorcerer)
    Minsc
    Kivan
    Branwen
    Imoen
    Dynaheir

Characters are not as "personality rich" as my evil party but doing a run with good gives me some dialogue and quest options I did not explore with evil.
  • Wandering_RangerWandering_Ranger Member Posts: 125
    An interesting divine caster is Faldorn.

I do not know where you are up to in your run, so it may be too late to get her now that your party is "settled," but it is something to keep in mind. Faldorn is way more hardcore in her personal outlooks than the likes of Branwen, but her actual voice set is extremely soothing and pleasant to listen to. For all the hate she gets, being annoying is a complaint I have never heard against her.

She will get along well with both Minsc and Kivan (as fellow nature-protectors), and won't come into conflict with the rest of your lineup, so you may want to consider giving her a go at some point. Being a druid, she will be able to reach level 5 spells (the only divine caster in the game that can do that), and has a very good Summon Dread Wolf ability (which remains relevant throughout the entire game - the beast is very good).

She also has the tied-highest wisdom in the game (which you can beef up), so she can heal/summon very well. With the right gear, she can even off-tank in a pinch. In fact, if Minsc wasn't paired with Dynaheir, I would recommend swapping out Dynaheir for Faldorn, as you don't really need two arcane casters, but more healing/summoning is always great. Faldorn and Branwen work well together for such roles (as do Faldorn and Yeslick).
    tbone1
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for the tip Ranger.

Took a peek on the Wiki and she seems very interesting. True Neutral that looks really evil.

I'm popping around all the lesser areas just to explore and build up XP a bit before heading over to Cloakwood.

But once there, I'll definitely give her an audition for the Divine Caster role and see how she works out.
    Wandering_Ranger
  • Wandering_RangerWandering_Ranger Member Posts: 125
    Certainly. Feel free to leave feedback on what you thought of her.
124»