Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[v2.21] Shadow Magic

1192021222325»

Comments

• TDNTDN Member Posts: 5
    TDN wrote: »
    So I didn't have any problems with this mod in BG 1 and thoroughly enjoyed it but whenever I try to import a character into BG2, the Shadow magic selection screen keeps popping up.

did ya find any work around with this bug?

I found no solution to this bug. In fact, create your own character for BG2 and make it close as possible to BG1 character seems the best solution.

Hmm the only one I solution i could find was just removing the spells you learn with Eekeeper and just relearn the spells again. That seems to work.

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 109
    FYI, it isn't common, but if you have a lot of mage kit mods installed you could run into an issue where a mod kit gets installed in one of the hard-coded kit slots for the abjurer, conjurer, or diviner - breaking the mod kit. There is a .tpa and short macro you can include to detect if the next slot is going to be one of these kits and install a dummy kit there so they don't break anything.

https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/28835-toss-your-semi-useful-weidu-macros-here/?do=findComment&comment=286826

Posted here since the Shadow Adept is a custom mage kit as I recall.

• SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,062
    I Finished the SoA campaign as a shadow adept and ... The game crashes on beginning of ToB.

I can't take screenshot however, here is a photo

cWnxTeT.jpg

Anyway, amazing mod. A screenshot bellow. The spell effects are gorgeous

mDnuNUM.png

Trying to import my save ALSO causes crashes.

So I was trying out the shade warrior kit and it's pretty fun. Another bug I found was after using the Shadow scroll then leveling up, it doesn't detect that I already learned a spell so the spell learning keeps popping up.

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,189
    @AionZ I just finsished BGEE (starting SoD) with v2.21. Mod worked great with no big issues! Did the quests and love my Shadow Disciple!

I did notice some things I wanted to call out:
    1) I notice that Shadow Missile and Shadowblast spells were changed, but the wands with those spells still show the old info. Were the wands supposed to be updated?
    2) The Belt of Darkflame says I should get a +2 to caster level which should cancel out the daylight penalty for caster level, yet my 9th level Shadow Disciple only summoned Shadows and not Shadow Fiends in daylight. Inside and at night I get the Shadow Fiends. I get all the other benefits and penalties of the belt, but the +2 caster level does not seem to work.

Also, can the Shadow Scrolls I-IV be added to BG2EE? When I do a Shadow Adept, I end up having to create a new character in BG2EE and then EEKeeping it up to the level I was in in BGEE. Only issue is I lose the added known spells and using EEKeeper to add them just has me not learn new spells at later levels (as I think you did something special to not through the count off for learning at level-up).

Thanks for the great mod!

Well I just finished SoA with a Shadow Disciple, but as others pointed it crashed.
    Still fantastic mod.

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 393
  • AionZAionZ Member Posts: 3,170
    edited October 21
    I am genuinely considering removing the mental stat-based bonuses now that Intelligence is relevant for the shadow adept with the true-to-vanilla spell learning system.

OlvynChuruCaedwyr
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 393
    @AionZ
    For a near-future release, have you fixed the bugs reported in this thread and on your GitHub for Shadow Magic?