Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[v2.21] Shadow Magic

1181920212224»

Comments

• Thresh01Thresh01 Member Posts: 7
    Shadow Monk fists are not working properly at level 20. They only drain 2 health, still offer a save to strength loss and the level drain doesn't trigger.

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,113
    I am not seeing the elemental resistances for high CHA anymore. 19 CHA has no elemental bonuses anymore, though I do get 2 bonus to saves.

• AionZAionZ Member Posts: 3,092
    Updated to v2.1.
    • Find Shadow Familiar now disables regular familiar summoning
    • Damage variants of Drain Vitality now save to avoid full damage instead of half
    • Shadow Missile and Shadowblast deals magic fire instead of cold damage vs. undead
    • Spell icons now have a subtle outline to make them clearer in contingency/sequencer menus
    I'm sadly not able to reproduce either of the two aforementioned issues - everything works as intended on my end.

Flashburn
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,340
    AionZ wrote: »
    Updated to v2.1.
    • Find Shadow Familiar now disables regular familiar summoning
    • Damage variants of Drain Vitality now save to avoid full damage instead of half
    • Shadow Missile and Shadowblast deals magic fire instead of cold damage vs. undead
    • Spell icons now have a subtle outline to make them clearer in contingency/sequencer menus
    I'm sadly not able to reproduce either of the two aforementioned issues - everything works as intended on my end.

@AionZ did you modify tra files with this update? I'm asking because I have tweaked item descriptions a bit to more closely march vanilla EE format, and don't want to override with unmodified file.

• DaidreDaidre Member Posts: 5
    edited May 8
    I wanted to thank for this amazing mod and report several minor issues I've noticed in my run:
    1) Arcane Lore HLA breaks spell learning system when taken on multi-classed Shadow Adept (I used the old learning system with dialogue). It tries to assign character spell for levels 1 - 9, but spell list for highest levels is empty and everything is getting stuck.
    2) Shadowplague spell inflicts 2d6 damage per tick per description but it is always 2 damage like in similar Druid spell
    3) Night Cutter dagger's throwing version is a bit wierd - it gets THAC0 bonus from both Dex an Str and double dips comparing to other Throwing Daggers making it noticeably better.
    4) I had a problem with learning the Dark Meteor spell with old spell system. There 2 separate dialogue nods for Dark Meteor and Mass Drain Vitality and both of them only give Mass Drain Vitality spell, not Meteor. I added it with EE keeper and spell seem to function ok.
    5) Gracen and Lavok were missing new items on both EET and separate BG 2 version of my install. But I have SCS and Rogue Rebalancing installed before Shadow Magic so this could be a reason.

edited May 11
    Updated to v2.2.
    • Constitution drain now displays remaining constitution overhead after cast
    • Night Cutter's ranged to hit no longer scales with strength
    • Corrected Shadowplague's damage
    • Added a failsafe to spell learning dialogue
    • Updated spell descriptions in learning dialogue
    • Selecting Dark Meteor no longer grants the wrong spell
    • Various spell balance changes
    This is a very large-scale update. Besides bugfixes, five spells have been completely replaced or reworked:
    Curse (Level 1) - replaced with Nocturna's Hush
    Nocturna's Hush
    (Illusion/Phantasm – Shadow Weave)

Level: 1
    Range: Visual range of the caster
    Duration: 5 rounds
    Casting Time: 6
    Area of Effect: 5-ft. radius centered on target
    Saving Throw: Neg.

When Nocturna's Hush is cast, the target and all creatures within 5 feet are silenced on a failed Saving Throw vs. Spells at a -2 penalty, preventing them from speaking or casting spells for 5 rounds. If any targets afflicted with Nocturna's Hush are already silenced, they are instead slowed for the same duration with no save.
    Cursed Flames (Level1) - replaced with Ebonfruit
    Ebonfruit
    (Alteration – Shadow Weave)

Level: 1
    Range: Touch
    Duration: Permanent
    Casting Time: 9
    Area of Effect: Special
    Saving Throw: None

The shadow adept produces 5 pitch-black berries that <PRO_HESHE> can carry with <PRO_HIMHER>. Each berry has random chance of causing one of the following effects:

– Restore 1d6 hit points
    – +1 bonus to Strength for 1 turn
    – Invisibility for 5 rounds
    – +2 bonus to Luck (if imbiber is a Shadow Adept) or 1 poison damage per round for 1 turn (if imbiber is not)
    Dread Silence (Level 2) - replaced with Cursed Flames (new version)
    Cursed Flames
    (Alteration – Shadow Weave)

Level: 2
    Range: Visual range
    Duration: Special
    Casting Time: 5
    Area of Effect: 1 creature
    Saving Throw: Special

When the shadow adept casts this spell, <PRO_HESHE> ignites a targeted creature through force of will with corrupting flames. The flames deal 1d8 fire damage and 1 poison damage each round, and for the duration of the spell, the target is treated as though diseased and is slowed, incurring a -4 penalty to THAC0 and Armor Class. The initial flames last for 3 rounds, after which the target must make a Saving Throw vs. Death or be ignited for a further 3 rounds. Therefore, the flames have the potential to continue indefinitely so long as the target does not make a successful Saving Throw.
    Blackfire Arrow - replaced with Phantom Arrow
    Phantom Arrow
    (Illusion/Phantasm, Enchantment/Charm – Shadow Weave)

Level: 3
    Range: 60 ft.
    Duration: 3 rounds
    Casting Time: 3
    Area of Effect: Special
    Saving Throw: Neg.

This spell launches an illusory arrow that affects the target's senses to such an extent that they perceive the damage dealt as real, losing 15% of their maximum hit points in unmitigated damage. However, as they are not physically injured, their lost hit points are restored after 3 rounds as the illusion wears off. However, if the afflicted target is mentally incapacitated (stunned, panic, berserk, charmed, feebleminded, confused), the damage dealt is permanent instead. Two arrows are launched from 12th level onwards, three at 19th level, and four at 26th level. The target may make a Saving Throw vs. Spells at -3 to disbelieve the illusion, though a separate save must be made for each individual arrow.
    Annulment (Level 8) - reworked
    Annulment
    (Abjuration – Shadow Weave)

Level: 8
    Range: Touch
    Duration: 5 rounds
    Casting Time: 8
    Area of Effect: 15-ft. radius
    Saving Throw: None

When this spell is cast, a malignant wave of energy assaults tbe magical defenses of all creatures within a 15-ft. radius, completely nullfying the Magic Resistance of all creatures for 5 rounds and removing one spell protection of any level, then dispelling any effects on all affected creatures. Additionally, all creatures in the initial area of effect are unable to cast any spells for one round.

Besides these spell reworks, a huge amount of spells have been altered to have bonus effects when cast on targets who are physically (held, asleep, silenced, poisoned, diseased, slowed, blinded) or mentally (stunned, panic, berserk, charmed, feebleminded, confused). On the other hand, the base damage of spells such as Shadow Missile, Shadowblast and Merciless Blizzard have been reduced, though the former two spells can deal more damage than before when combo'ed with the right status effects.

List of changes:
    Shadow Missile: 1d2+1 magic cold/fire damage, +3 magic damage and confuses if target is physically incapacitated
    Essence Drain: no longer doubles hp gain on kill, drains 12% maximum hp if target is physically incapacitated
    Shadow Rope: drains 6 hit points in magic damage against physically incapacitated enemies
    Night Terrors: drains 12 hit points in magic damage against mentally incapacitated enemies
    Lesser Drain Vitality (and all drain variants): no save against physically incapacitated enemies
    Hallucinate: drains 16 hit points in magic damage against mentally incapacitated enemies
    Shadowblast: 1d2 magic cold and 1d2 magic damage per level up to 10d2 of each, triples damage vs. physically incapacitated targets
    Cursed Earth: poisons for 2 damage/round for 3 rounds (stacking). Now counts as poisoned status for physical incapacitation
    Phantasmal Killer: mentally incapacitated targets automatically fail Save vs. Spell
    Sigil of Madness: deals 25 magic damage and drains 2 levels against mentally incapacitated enemies
    Black Rose: drains 35 hit points in magic damage and drains 4 levels against physically incapacitated enemies
    Devour Dream: effect is now 15-ft. AoE radius, restores 3 spells per target
    Nightmare: effect is now 15-ft. AoE radius
    Merciless Blizzard: damage reduced to 6d4 per round
    Enervation: physically incapacitated targets automatically fail Save vs. Death

FlashburnDaidreNecromanx2
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,340
    HI @AionZ, I've got the warning message during installation of v2.2. Previous version installed without warnings. Is it harmless or should I expect some issues in game?
    WARNING: no effects altered on C0SADAY.SPL

Regards,

@Cahir

That actually does cause a pretty bad issue with the daylight penalty, so thank you for bringing it up. Fixed.

• saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
    hey sorry, I'm not to good at this but what does this mean?

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 658 of 658-byte file CMSTQ04.ITM
    ERROR: [CMSTQ04.ITM] -> [OVERRIDE/CMSTQ04.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("CMSTQ04.ITM: read out of bounds"))
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Shadow Magic: Main Component], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 1915 files for [SHADOWADEPT/SHADOWADEPT.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 1915 files for [SHADOWADEPT/SHADOWADEPT.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Failure("CMSTQ04.ITM: read out of bounds")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.DEBUG to Artemius_I
    Using Language [English]

@saber0

It's a mod conflict for certain - the issue is that I have no idea what the hell CMSTQ04.ITM is meant to be. It's certainly not a component of any mod I've used.

saber0
    thank you @AionZ
    i found it in dark horizon folder gonna try to unitstal that and instal this one first
    CMSTQ04.itm is in dark

that worked
    but i think another mod is interfering now lol
    i got this one
    Continuing despite error.
    [./lang/en_us/dialog.tlk] created, 43176 string entries

• DaidreDaidre Member Posts: 5
    edited May 25
    I've noticed that VFX for Confusion from the reworked Magic Missile sticks to the ground and not to the target creature of the spell. So it stays around after target is dead and until reload.

Another small thing, consuming berries from Ebonfruit produces string in the log (probably *gulp* as Goodberries) but string ref is kinda off and I got random dialogue option from SoD instead.

Post edited by Daidre on
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 34
    Does anyone have experience using this mod with SCS - Improved Shade Lord component? I'm wondering if the mods behave each other, or if there are any strange interactions people have experienced.

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,782
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    Does anyone have experience using this mod with SCS - Improved Shade Lord component? I'm wondering if the mods behave each other, or if there are any strange interactions people have experienced.
    Don't install SCS's Improved Shade Lord if you're going to be using Shadow Magic's version. The Shade Lord's script will be overwritten and it won't cast spells or do anything, really, if you install Improved Shade Lord after Shadow Magic.