Skip to content

[v2.21] Shadow Magic

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    I am not seeing the elemental resistances for high CHA anymore. 19 CHA has no elemental bonuses anymore, though I do get 2 bonus to saves.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Updated to v2.1.
    • Find Shadow Familiar now disables regular familiar summoning
    • Damage variants of Drain Vitality now save to avoid full damage instead of half
    • Shadow Missile and Shadowblast deals magic fire instead of cold damage vs. undead
    • Spell icons now have a subtle outline to make them clearer in contingency/sequencer menus
    I'm sadly not able to reproduce either of the two aforementioned issues - everything works as intended on my end.
    Flashburn
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    AionZ wrote: »
    Updated to v2.1.
    • Find Shadow Familiar now disables regular familiar summoning
    • Damage variants of Drain Vitality now save to avoid full damage instead of half
    • Shadow Missile and Shadowblast deals magic fire instead of cold damage vs. undead
    • Spell icons now have a subtle outline to make them clearer in contingency/sequencer menus
    I'm sadly not able to reproduce either of the two aforementioned issues - everything works as intended on my end.

@AionZ did you modify tra files with this update? I'm asking because I have tweaked item descriptions a bit to more closely march vanilla EE format, and don't want to override with unmodified file.
  • DaidreDaidre Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2020
    I wanted to thank for this amazing mod and report several minor issues I've noticed in my run:
    1) Arcane Lore HLA breaks spell learning system when taken on multi-classed Shadow Adept (I used the old learning system with dialogue). It tries to assign character spell for levels 1 - 9, but spell list for highest levels is empty and everything is getting stuck.
    2) Shadowplague spell inflicts 2d6 damage per tick per description but it is always 2 damage like in similar Druid spell
    3) Night Cutter dagger's throwing version is a bit wierd - it gets THAC0 bonus from both Dex an Str and double dips comparing to other Throwing Daggers making it noticeably better.
    4) I had a problem with learning the Dark Meteor spell with old spell system. There 2 separate dialogue nods for Dark Meteor and Mass Drain Vitality and both of them only give Mass Drain Vitality spell, not Meteor. I added it with EE keeper and spell seem to function ok.
    5) Gracen and Lavok were missing new items on both EET and separate BG 2 version of my install. But I have SCS and Rogue Rebalancing installed before Shadow Magic so this could be a reason.
    edited May 2020
    Updated to v2.2.
    • Constitution drain now displays remaining constitution overhead after cast
    • Night Cutter's ranged to hit no longer scales with strength
    • Corrected Shadowplague's damage
    • Added a failsafe to spell learning dialogue
    • Updated spell descriptions in learning dialogue
    • Selecting Dark Meteor no longer grants the wrong spell
    • Various spell balance changes
    This is a very large-scale update. Besides bugfixes, five spells have been completely replaced or reworked:
    Curse (Level 1) - replaced with Nocturna's Hush
    Nocturna's Hush
    (Illusion/Phantasm – Shadow Weave)

Level: 1
    Range: Visual range of the caster
    Duration: 5 rounds
    Casting Time: 6
    Area of Effect: 5-ft. radius centered on target
    Saving Throw: Neg.

When Nocturna's Hush is cast, the target and all creatures within 5 feet are silenced on a failed Saving Throw vs. Spells at a -2 penalty, preventing them from speaking or casting spells for 5 rounds. If any targets afflicted with Nocturna's Hush are already silenced, they are instead slowed for the same duration with no save.
    Cursed Flames (Level1) - replaced with Ebonfruit
    Ebonfruit
    (Alteration – Shadow Weave)

Level: 1
    Range: Touch
    Duration: Permanent
    Casting Time: 9
    Area of Effect: Special
    Saving Throw: None

The shadow adept produces 5 pitch-black berries that <PRO_HESHE> can carry with <PRO_HIMHER>. Each berry has random chance of causing one of the following effects:

– Restore 1d6 hit points
    – +1 bonus to Strength for 1 turn
    – Invisibility for 5 rounds
    – +2 bonus to Luck (if imbiber is a Shadow Adept) or 1 poison damage per round for 1 turn (if imbiber is not)
    Dread Silence (Level 2) - replaced with Cursed Flames (new version)
    Cursed Flames
    (Alteration – Shadow Weave)

Level: 2
    Range: Visual range
    Duration: Special
    Casting Time: 5
    Area of Effect: 1 creature
    Saving Throw: Special

When the shadow adept casts this spell, <PRO_HESHE> ignites a targeted creature through force of will with corrupting flames. The flames deal 1d8 fire damage and 1 poison damage each round, and for the duration of the spell, the target is treated as though diseased and is slowed, incurring a -4 penalty to THAC0 and Armor Class. The initial flames last for 3 rounds, after which the target must make a Saving Throw vs. Death or be ignited for a further 3 rounds. Therefore, the flames have the potential to continue indefinitely so long as the target does not make a successful Saving Throw.
    Blackfire Arrow - replaced with Phantom Arrow
    Phantom Arrow
    (Illusion/Phantasm, Enchantment/Charm – Shadow Weave)

Level: 3
    Range: 60 ft.
    Duration: 3 rounds
    Casting Time: 3
    Area of Effect: Special
    Saving Throw: Neg.

This spell launches an illusory arrow that affects the target's senses to such an extent that they perceive the damage dealt as real, losing 15% of their maximum hit points in unmitigated damage. However, as they are not physically injured, their lost hit points are restored after 3 rounds as the illusion wears off. However, if the afflicted target is mentally incapacitated (stunned, panic, berserk, charmed, feebleminded, confused), the damage dealt is permanent instead. Two arrows are launched from 12th level onwards, three at 19th level, and four at 26th level. The target may make a Saving Throw vs. Spells at -3 to disbelieve the illusion, though a separate save must be made for each individual arrow.
    Annulment (Level 8) - reworked
    Annulment
    (Abjuration – Shadow Weave)

Level: 8
    Range: Touch
    Duration: 5 rounds
    Casting Time: 8
    Area of Effect: 15-ft. radius
    Saving Throw: None

When this spell is cast, a malignant wave of energy assaults tbe magical defenses of all creatures within a 15-ft. radius, completely nullfying the Magic Resistance of all creatures for 5 rounds and removing one spell protection of any level, then dispelling any effects on all affected creatures. Additionally, all creatures in the initial area of effect are unable to cast any spells for one round.

Besides these spell reworks, a huge amount of spells have been altered to have bonus effects when cast on targets who are physically (held, asleep, silenced, poisoned, diseased, slowed, blinded) or mentally (stunned, panic, berserk, charmed, feebleminded, confused). On the other hand, the base damage of spells such as Shadow Missile, Shadowblast and Merciless Blizzard have been reduced, though the former two spells can deal more damage than before when combo'ed with the right status effects.

List of changes:
    Shadow Missile: 1d2+1 magic cold/fire damage, +3 magic damage and confuses if target is physically incapacitated
    Essence Drain: no longer doubles hp gain on kill, drains 12% maximum hp if target is physically incapacitated
    Shadow Rope: drains 6 hit points in magic damage against physically incapacitated enemies
    Night Terrors: drains 12 hit points in magic damage against mentally incapacitated enemies
    Lesser Drain Vitality (and all drain variants): no save against physically incapacitated enemies
    Hallucinate: drains 16 hit points in magic damage against mentally incapacitated enemies
    Shadowblast: 1d2 magic cold and 1d2 magic damage per level up to 10d2 of each, triples damage vs. physically incapacitated targets
    Cursed Earth: poisons for 2 damage/round for 3 rounds (stacking). Now counts as poisoned status for physical incapacitation
    Phantasmal Killer: mentally incapacitated targets automatically fail Save vs. Spell
    Sigil of Madness: deals 25 magic damage and drains 2 levels against mentally incapacitated enemies
    Black Rose: drains 35 hit points in magic damage and drains 4 levels against physically incapacitated enemies
    Devour Dream: effect is now 15-ft. AoE radius, restores 3 spells per target
    Nightmare: effect is now 15-ft. AoE radius
    Merciless Blizzard: damage reduced to 6d4 per round
    Enervation: physically incapacitated targets automatically fail Save vs. Death
    FlashburnDaidreNecromanx2
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    HI @AionZ, I've got the warning message during installation of v2.2. Previous version installed without warnings. Is it harmless or should I expect some issues in game?
    WARNING: no effects altered on C0SADAY.SPL

Regards,
    @Cahir

That actually does cause a pretty bad issue with the daylight penalty, so thank you for bringing it up. Fixed.
  • saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
    hey sorry, I'm not to good at this but what does this mean?

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 658 of 658-byte file CMSTQ04.ITM
    ERROR: [CMSTQ04.ITM] -> [OVERRIDE/CMSTQ04.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("CMSTQ04.ITM: read out of bounds"))
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Shadow Magic: Main Component], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 1915 files for [SHADOWADEPT/SHADOWADEPT.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 1915 files for [SHADOWADEPT/SHADOWADEPT.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Failure("CMSTQ04.ITM: read out of bounds")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.DEBUG to Artemius_I
    Using Language [English]
    @saber0

It's a mod conflict for certain - the issue is that I have no idea what the hell CMSTQ04.ITM is meant to be. It's certainly not a component of any mod I've used.
    saber0
    thank you @AionZ
    i found it in dark horizon folder gonna try to unitstal that and instal this one first
    CMSTQ04.itm is in dark
    that worked
    but i think another mod is interfering now lol
    i got this one
    Continuing despite error.
    [./lang/en_us/dialog.tlk] created, 43176 string entries
  • DaidreDaidre Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2020
    I've noticed that VFX for Confusion from the reworked Magic Missile sticks to the ground and not to the target creature of the spell. So it stays around after target is dead and until reload.

Another small thing, consuming berries from Ebonfruit produces string in the log (probably *gulp* as Goodberries) but string ref is kinda off and I got random dialogue option from SoD instead.
    Post edited by Daidre on
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    Does anyone have experience using this mod with SCS - Improved Shade Lord component? I'm wondering if the mods behave each other, or if there are any strange interactions people have experienced.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    Does anyone have experience using this mod with SCS - Improved Shade Lord component? I'm wondering if the mods behave each other, or if there are any strange interactions people have experienced.
    Don't install SCS's Improved Shade Lord if you're going to be using Shadow Magic's version. The Shade Lord's script will be overwritten and it won't cast spells or do anything, really, if you install Improved Shade Lord after Shadow Magic.
  • Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
    edited July 2020

​Shadow Adept Mage Kit. @AionZ

Hello, for some reason, whenever I'm trying to add your mod, I failed. I can't even reach the point where I install the shadow monk kit. The installation fail when I've been ask to choose what my shadow adept will loose when he cast spells. I try different order of installation,for the mods, but still same issue. Is there any way to install the shadow monk kit, without the shadow adept? Any link to just install the shadow monk?
    Thank you in advance.
    Take care.
    Post edited by Eltharion1979 on
    edited July 2020
    ​Shadow Adept Mage Kit. @AionZ
    • During character creation I am given the option to select 4 mage spells to learn and memorize. These get deleted upon entering the game through the scripted dialogue, however it would be helpful to include a note about this happening in the kit description so players aren't surprised by how it plays out.
    • @LavaDelVortel summon weasels spell is selectable and is not deleted upon starting a new game.
    • Identify is added to the Shadow Adept's spellbook. I think this is intentional, but no mention of this is made in the kit description and it probably should be. This may also be a function of Tome & Blood's Revised Identify component, though that component makes no mention of being automatically added to spellbooks. I've tagged subtledoctor elsewhere.
    • For a janky dialogue method of doing the kit spell selection, it's actually pretty slick. The sound effects help a bunch.
    • The character gets undocumented daylight weakness, protection from fire, and protection from cold portrait icons. The daylight weakness goes away in the dark, but it's not clear from the kit description what it actually does. I think its related to Darkvision, but the kit description only has positive effects listed.
    • The Darkvision innate ability adds a portrait icon for Infravision. I'm not sure how important having a portrait icon for this is, but there's no real problem with this part.
    • Also, for kit description, I'd probably reword this description slightly, since "abilities" almost always show up as a button under innate ability button. I'd say some like
      The shadow adept is gifted darkvision which gives them the ability to see in the dark even better than in light; permanently gaining infravision and immunity to blindness.
    • The character also gets an undocumented resistance 10 to fire, cold, electricity, acid, magic damage.
    • The character record screen lists the following information that I don't normally remember seeing: Max Known Spells/Level, Highest Learnable Spell Level. It doesn't show arcane miscast magic % which I thought was something that showed. Tagged lefreut elsewhere in case this is his UI mod doing this.
    • I am able to equip studded leather armor. I'm not sure if this is because of an interaction with Tweaks Anthology component
      Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor
    • The component normally doesn't expand the types of armor a mage character can wear, and studded leather armor is not normally on the list, but it could be that tweaks anthology is not configured to account for your mod. Tagged CamDawg elsewhere. If the Shadow Adept is meant to be able to wear studded leather armor then this should be mentioned in the kit description. All weapon proficiencies are as I expected.
    • The shadow familiar Yin'rou appears to be extremely powerful and could trivialize some encounters all by itself. +4 enchantment weapons at level 6 with a 10% chance to drain 2 levels is pretty powerful. I would consider scaling the weapons enchantment and secondary effects based on the caster's level.
    • Minor spell sequencer showed up at level 4 spells (character level 7). It does not appear as though the Shadow Adept should get minor spell sequencer according to the kit description, but it did function correctly (though the potential drain could be dangerous). Should probably be discussed with subtledoctor as to what behaviour should occur when Tome & Blood's innate spell sequencers component is installed after the Shadow Adept mod.
    • Using an ebonfruit gave me the text message
      Sir Greshal
    • Lifedrinker Touch did not add any temporary hitpoints to my character when cast at full health.
    • The shadow familiar (Yin'rou) gains a powerup at character level 11 and level 16. You may want to include this information if it is the same for all familiars in the kit description.
    • At level 12 the number of spell slots seems to fluctuate somewhat randomly. I had 4x level 5 slot, cast Unmask and it dropped down to 3 (this is at night) and also lost all my level 6 slots (2). I went and rested at the inn and it became daytime and I then had 5 level 5 slots. Note that I'm playing with the constitution drain option on casting. It seemed to stabilize after this.
    • The HLA Relentless Assault, second paragraph: instead of "during the spell's lifetime" I would use "during the spell's duration".
    • The Refinement HLAs for the base mage all get installed onto the Shadow Adept kit. They are not needed and do not fit well. This kit should be skipped by Refinements. Tagged subtledoctor elsewhere.

This is a very cool kit and a lot of work has obviously gone into it. Despite the big list of minor issues, it is very playable.

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @Caedwyr
    • Daylight weakness is listed under the disadvantages. It gives -2 to casting speed and caster level.
    • The damage resistance comes from your CHA score and it also improves your saving throws.
    • Single-classed Shadow Adepts cannot wear armor because they're mages.
    • Shadow Adepts do get Identify, spell sequencers, and contingencies automatically on purpose.
    I checked all of that several times but still missed it. I would still recommend including references to gaining identify and the sequencers in the kit description since it currently looks a bit buggy.
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    I've tried to import a character and bugged. The dialog to select shadow magic shows, i select, shows again, i select(...)
    ​Shadow Disciple Sorcerer Kit
    • During character creation I am given the option to select 2 sorcerer spells to learn and memorize. These get deleted upon entering the game through the scripted dialogue, however it would be helpful to include a note about this happening in the kit description so players aren't surprised by how it plays out.
    • Identify is added to the Shadow Disciple's spellbook as are sequencers and contingency spells. I think this is intentional, but no mention of this is made in the kit description and it probably should be.
    • The Darkvision innate ability adds a portrait icon for Infravision. I'm not sure how important having a portrait icon for this is, but there's no real problem with this part.
    • Also, for kit description, I'd probably reword this description slightly, since "abilities" almost always show up as a button under innate ability button. I'd say some like
      The shadow disciple is gifted darkvision which gives them the ability to see in the dark even better than in light; permanently gaining infravision and immunity to blindness.
    • When I level up and get to add a spell to my spellbook, I still get the sorcerer "choose spell on level up dialogue". I'm guessing this can't be bypassed.
    • The character record screen doesn't list miscast message %, which I thought was a thing.
    • I am able to equip studded leather armor. All weapon proficiencies are as I expected. I'm not sure what file to check to see how item useability has been changed by mods I've installed, but I'm happy to change-log a file if someone can give me a suggestion
    • The HLA Relentless Assault, second paragraph: instead of "during the spell's lifetime" I would use "during the spell's duration".
    • The Refinement HLAs for the base sorcerer all get installed onto the Shadow Disciple kit. They are not needed and do not fit well. This kit should be skipped by Refinements. @subtledoctor
    • The spell cursed earth does not give the poisoned portrait icon when it inflicts poison on a character.
    • Malavon's Rage from the IWD arcane spells in SCS does not get removed as a level 7 spell.
    • Monster Summoning VI from the IWD arcane spells in SCS does not get removed as a level 8 spell. It appears subject to spell failure from my Shadow Disciple wearing studded leather armor.
    • I would check all the IWD spells or any other spells selectable by players that are added by other mods for maximum compatibility. I'm guessing that IWDification, SCS, Divine Remix, Olvyn Spells, Spell Rebalancing, Weasels!, Test of Your Mettle (Spacewarp), Shards of Ice (Summon Cow), aTweaks and any others are all going to be mods that will need to be taken into account specifically if there isn't some code you can borrow from other mods like SCS to automate this. May need some coordination with the maintainers of the other mods to ensure maximum compatibility. Generally though you want to install new spells before new kits for maximum compatibility.
    edited July 2020
    ​Nightsinger bard Kit.
    • During character creation I am only given a very limited list of weapon proficiencies to choose from. This is likely due an undocumented restriction or a weird interaction with Scales of Balance. Let me know what file to check and I'll run a change-log. It could also be a UI issue. After character creation the proficiency list is the normal complete list. Something weird is happening here. b12f0pjljuwq.jpg
    • Identify is added to the Nightsinger's spellbook at level 1, though Bard's don't normally get spells until level 2. This is probably the safest way to do this though without some complex coding to check what the bard/kit spell tables look like in case another mod decides to give Bards spells at level 1. Note that there's no mention of adding identify to the spellbook, but as discussed elsewhere it seems this is intentional and should get mentioned in the kit description.
    • See previous comments about Bard Song names included in the name next to the portrait icon when viewed on the character record page for improved ease of use.
      The nightsinger is gifted darkvision which gives them the ability to see in the dark even better than in light; permanently gaining infravision and immunity to blindness.
    • The character record screen doesn't list miscast message %, which I thought was a thing.
    • I am able to equip studded leather armor, but not heavier armor like chain mail or splint mail even though I would expect to be able to do so because of
      ~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #48 // Armored Casting for Bards: 0.8.52
      If the more restrictive armor limits are intended then they should be mentioned in the kit description. If it is a weird interaction with other mods, then let me know what to change-log.
    • The shadow familiar Ka'Shai is extremely powerful. jcrv0cocb16k.jpg This is obtained at level 8 and has a chance of flat out breaking a lot of the BG1 fights. I'd change it so it gains power as Ka'Shai gains power rather than giving it all at the start.
    • This bard kit is also affected by the same issue as the Troubadour. Tagged subtledoctor elsewhere since this is something caused by Might & Guile. It appears to impact all bard kits (note all of the bard kits I've seen this issue on are installed before Might & Guile which is the last kit mod installed in my current install. The Nightsinger also got a level 7 slot due to Alter Bard Spell Progression Table - PnP from Tweaks Anthology. Tagged CamDawg elsewhere, but it does not appear as though the Nightsinger Bard can learn normal level 7 spells and the kit doesn't grant any either as far as I can tell. The Nightsinger may need some special code to account for that Tweaks Anthology component.
    • The Refinement HLAs for the base bard all get installed onto the Nightsinger kit. Enhanced Bard Song should be removed in favour of Light's Requiem and Light's Requiem should become the prerequisite for Lingering Song. Tagged subtledoctor elsewhere.
    Here is the last of my comments for the kits by @AionZ I have in my current install. Comments on the Elementalist from the Artisan's Kitpack will come with my next test install, but it will be a bit of time before I will get around to that.

Shadow Monk kit
    • Minor presentation consistency thing, both the Darkvision and Life-Drain should be listed as passives rather than innate abilities since they don't show up under the innate ability button and the base game generally only calls things innate abilities if it shows up under that button.
    • Life-Drain does not drain HP on hits at level 1. Checked with the PC both undamaged and damaged. At level 10 Life Drain does 2 damage on hit and lowers STR if they fail their save vs death, but it does not heal the Shadow Monk. At level 20, the level drain triggers and Life Drain does 3 damage per hit, but does not heal the monk.
    • The backstab multiplier is not displayed on the character record screen. Tagged lefruet elsewhere. Multipliers are correct at all levels as per kit description.
    • The Shadow Monk got access to the shadow pool correctly at level 3, however they got an additional level 1 shadow pool set of spells at character level 5, not level 6 as indicated in the kit description.
    • The Shadow Monk is supposed to get the Shadowdancer thief kit HLAs minus Use Any Item. Currently with Refinements installed after the kit it gets the monk HLAs as well. Refinements should skip assigning the monk HLAs to the Shadow Monk. A quick scan of the Shadowdancer HLA selection with Refinements installed makes me think it is safe to just give the Shadow Monk the exact same set of HLAs including "Use Magic Item". Tagged subtledoctor elsewhere
    edited August 2020
    It seems there are a couple of the multiclass Shadow Magic kits by @AionZ that I missed, so adding testing comments now.

Shade Warrior fighter/shadow adept multiclass kit
    • Tome & Blood's Innate Cantrips are added to the Shade Warrior kit (I don't believe they get added to the Shadow Adept mage kit). I'm not sure how thematically appropriate they are to add to this kit. Might be worth some discussion between the two mod authors. Tagged subtledoctor on g3 about this.
    • With a multiclass character, I would specify what level abilities are gained at in the format "fighter 4/shadow adept 5" for example. Currently at Fighter 4/Shadow Adept 3 the Shade Warrior does not gain the Shield of Shadows innate ability despite the kit description saying the ability is gained at level 4.
    • Shadow Familiar Nyx. Similar to my previous complaints, I'd suggest making this familiar's weapons scale a bit slower, not giving out a +4 enchantment weapon at level 6. Also, the weapon description does not list the damage dice on the weapon.
    • The Shade Warrior is given the kit's own HLAs, Refinement's Fighter HLAs and also Refinement's Mage HLAs. I would say it is probably just fine with only getting it's base HLAs and if any of those are updated by Refinements, then getting the Refinements version. Tagged subtledoctor at g3.
    • The Shade Warrior can select level 10 HLA spells at 3,000,000 xp (Fighter 14/Shadow Adept 14), but will not be able to use them for quite a few levels because they do not get level 9 spell slots yet. I would suggest not allowing those HLAs to be selected until the level they get level 9 spell slots to avoid useless HLA selections.
    • The Shade Warrior can cast spells in Splint Mail armor. I believe that this is because of the Tweaks Anthology, however the Shadow Magic system doesn't get affected by arcane spell % chance from the experiments I've done. Tagged CamDawg at g3 since Aion Z and him would have to work out how the Tweaks Anthology should handle this kit, or a note should be put in the documentation about a possible incompatibility here.
    • Note that the Shade Warrior (and I think other Shadow Magic users) not being affected by arcane spell % failure chance means that abilities and spells that inflict a spell failure chance may not affect the Shadow Magic users. If this is unintended then it's a bug, but if it is intended then I'd suggest including a mention to it in the generic description of Shadow Magic that is in the kit description for all of the Shadow Magic kits.
    • The touch weapon created by the spell "Bittercold Touch" is called "Chill Touch" in the tooltip. It doesn't have a right click description
    • Shadow's Edge, the weapon wielded by the Shadow Dragon Scion doesn't have a right click description. Probably due to how the melee bonuses are applied. It also deals piercing damage on hit (with a quarterstaff equipped before the spell was cast), not slashing as per the spell description.
    • Night Knives also doesn't have a right click description and shows the description for the weapon already equipped in that slot. Name is correct.
    • See previous comments regarding wording of Darkvision innate vs. passive.

Shadow Enforcer fighter/mage/thief multiclass kit
    • With a multiclass character, I would specify what level abilities are gained at in the format "fighter 4/shadow adept 5" for example. See previous comments on wording of abilities given to multiclass kits and being specific about which class needs to be X high to get the ability or list the combined Fighter 3/Mage2 level combination needed to get the ability.
    • Same issue regarding wearing studded leather armor and not being affected by arcane spell failure chance. I'm happy to change-log files and dig into stuff to help diagnose this.
    • The Shadow Enforcer is given the kit's own HLAs, Refinement's Fighter, Mage, and Thief HLAs . I would say it is probably just fine with only getting it's base HLAs and if any of those are updated by Refinements, then getting the Refinements version. Tagged subtledoctor at g3
    • The Shadow Enforcer can select level 10 HLA spells at 3,000,000 xp, but will not be able to use them for quite a few levels because they do not get level 9 spell slots yet. I would suggest not allowing those HLAs to be selected until the level they get level 9 spell slots to avoid useless HLA selections.

Nightblade shadow adept/thief kit
    • With a multiclass character, I would specify what level abilities are gained at in the format "fighter 4/shadow adept 5" for example. See previous comments on wording of abilities given to multiclass kits and being specific about which class needs to be X high to get the ability or list the combined Fighter 3/Mage2 level combination needed to get the ability.
    • Same issue regarding wearing studded leather armor and not being affected by arcane spell failure chance. I'm happy to change-log files and dig into stuff to help diagnose this.
    • The Nightblade is given the kit's own HLAs, Refinement's Mage and Thief HLAs . I would say it is probably just fine with only getting it's base HLAs and if any of those are updated by Refinements, then getting the Refinements version. Tagged subtledoctor at g3
    • The Nightblade can select level 10 HLA spells at 3,000,000 xp, but will not be able to use them for quite a few levels because they do not get level 9 spell slots yet. I would suggest not allowing those HLAs to be selected until the level they get level 9 spell slots to avoid useless HLA selections.

Nightbringer shadow adept/cleric
    • The Nightbringer is given the kit's own HLAs, Refinement's Mage and Cleric HLAs . I would say it is probably just fine with only getting it's base HLAs and if any of those are updated by Refinements, then getting the Refinements version. Tagged subtledoctor at g3.
    • The Nightbringer can select level 10 HLA spells at 3,000,000 xp, but will not be able to use them for quite a few levels because they do not get level 9 spell slots yet. I would suggest not allowing those HLAs to be selected until the level they get level 9 spell slots to avoid useless HLA selections.

Dark Justicar fighter/shadow adept/cleric
    • The Dark Justicar is given the kit's own HLAs, Refinement's Fighter, Mage, and Cleric HLAs . I would say it is probably just fine with only getting it's base HLAs and if any of those are updated by Refinements, then getting the Refinements version. Tagged subtledoctor at g3
    • The Dark Justicar can select level 10 HLA spells at 3,000,000 xp, but will not be able to use them for quite a few levels because they do not get level 9 spell slots yet. I would suggest not allowing those HLAs to be selected until the level they get level 9 spell slots to avoid useless HLA selections.
    Post edited by Caedwyr on
    Thanks a lot for you hard work. You re wrote over 120 spells to allow us to experience a complete different type of magic... I an very grateful. Some spells even seems to have new models. My unique critique is that some times seems that the 5 summon limit applies and some times, not. Is a minor problem in this great epic masterpiece of a mod. I played 15 hours of BG2 today thanks to this mod. Tomorrow I will play less time but I loved a lot this mod.

Some screenshots

IoDqjQT.png

r7HfgYR.png

5xMngVd.png

more here https://imgur.com/a/D5uLo1Y
    Any plans to add a PREPARED shadow mage? If yes, what about a power which summons a "patron" and you give gold in exchange of the knowledge to cast the shadow weave spell and the inability to learn from scrolls? It could be a mage subkit.
    Shadow Adept is a mage kit (prepared caster)
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    Shadow Adept is a mage kit (prepared caster)

Thanks a lot. How i missed it?

What I don't like about spontaneous casting on IE is that all tons of spells are displayed in a single line. Which makes harder for finding the spell which you wanna cast
  • TDNTDN Member Posts: 5
    So I didn't have any problems with this mod in BG 1 and thoroughly enjoyed it but whenever I try to import a character into BG2, the Shadow magic selection screen keeps popping up.

@SorcererV1ct0r did ya find any work around with this bug?
    TDN wrote: »
    So I didn't have any problems with this mod in BG 1 and thoroughly enjoyed it but whenever I try to import a character into BG2, the Shadow magic selection screen keeps popping up.

did ya find any work around with this bug?

I found no solution to this bug. In fact, create your own character for BG2 and make it close as possible to BG1 character seems the best solution.
  • TDNTDN Member Posts: 5
    TDN wrote: »

did ya find any work around with this bug?

I found no solution to this bug. In fact, create your own character for BG2 and make it close as possible to BG1 character seems the best solution.

Hmm the only one I solution i could find was just removing the spells you learn with Eekeeper and just relearn the spells again. That seems to work.