Skip to content

Favorite Joinable Paladin in the BG series?

LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
  1. Favorite Joinable Paladin in the BG series?311 votes
    1. Ajantis
      15.11%
    2. Keldorn
      53.70%
    3. Screw 2e rules, as far as I am concerned Mazzy is TOTALLY a paladin.
      31.19%

Comments

• BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    Ajantis is more fun, by Helm, by Keldorn's story is one of the better ones in BG2. His ending was one of the few times I've genuinely felt sorry for a videogame character.

And no, Poll Lady, wishes aren't horses and Mazzy is no paladin. ;-)
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Tough vote, but I went with Keldorn. He just seems so hardcore.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    I eventually became disillusioned with paladins and now don't like any of them. Back before that happened Ajantis was one of my favorite NPCs in BG1.

Keldorn I only add to my party now so that I can watch him explode when he attacks Viconia.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Mazzy is Best Paladin Pony!
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Wish there was a "none" option. I know Ajantis well enough, but I don't know Keldorn very well at all so I don't feel like I can vote. As for Mazzy, she's annoying, so she for sure doesn't get my vote.
  • NadroirNadroir Member Posts: 50
    Mazzy!
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Mazzy a paladin? Who's she trying to kid? She's only got CHA 14. Get some charisma then get back to us.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I disagree, Mazzy is awesome! Obviously some BG god agrees because they gave her the lay on hands ability. Her deeds and general coolness make her the best paladin of the bunch.
    Mazzy, great paladin? Or Greatest paladin?
    Oh, and I would totally romance her if given the chance, there I said it.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Mazzy was a better person and a better companion than Keldorn by any stretch of the imagination.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Awesome seeing so much support for Mazzy as a Pally. She totally should be a Paladin of Arvoreen or something like that I guess :D
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I'd choose Keldorn if he weren't such a powergaming character with that dispel magic of his...

Delvarian said:

Oh, and I would totally romance her if given the chance, there I said it.

Just because you fancy someone it doesn't make them a paladin. And I suspect someone has been getting Mazzy to Lay on Hands when they weren't really wounded ...
    Don't hate the playa hate the game.
  • JaanivJaaniv Member Posts: 17
    I've always preferred Ajantis over Keldorn and never really used Mazzy but I'm going to give her a chance come BG2EE.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Mazzy is the only Paladin I've kept in my group, the rest are but fodder.
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    Keldorn for me, but I often prefer using fighters. As for Mazzy, sorry guys I'm a deep racist and dislike halflings.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    By Helm...... Keldorn is winning :( NOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    MAZZY!!!
  • sebassebas Member Posts: 56
    Keldorn was impossible to like simply because of the Viconia fight. That level or racism and intolerance is too much for my stomach.

I voted Mazzy though it could have just as well been Ajantis' vote.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    If it came down to just Ajantis and Keldorn I'd have probably gone Ajantis.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    These poll results have a sense of EVIL about them!!!!
  • XaenorXaenor Member Posts: 34
    I got soooo disappointed with paladins and lawful good alignment in general after I completed Keldorn's personal quest that I just can't vote for Keldorn. But Ajantis was there with me way before BG2, and surely he deserves a vote for his rather cruel fate in the second part of the game.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Helm Yeah!!

Oh wait... -.-
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Keldorn! Because someone has to be my character's father figure after Khalid bites the dust, unless Khalid gets chunked before then.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    None. Id rather have a Fighter / Cleric.
  • VhailorVhailor Member Posts: 12
    Helm!
  • FishFish Member Posts: 38
    Keldorn rocks. I kept him until the very end of ToB. His life story is one of the richest of all the NPC's. It felt nice actually having a venerable party member waxing wise throughout BG2. Aside from Minsc, Keldorn was my favorite of NPC's.
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    Keldorn was very well thought out but Ajantis is my favorite because he is just starting out.