Skip to content

Guys please help, Xan is stuck in my head and he won't leave.

For the last couple of days, every time my mind has wandered, I have started thinking about Xan. It is getting kind of annoying. I'm sorry. I know this is not a proper post, but. I need to get this out of my system. Can we please just, I dunno, discuss Xan for a little bit or somethng so he doesn't keep popping into my head while I'm trying to do my schoolwork?

Comments

• byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    What is the point ;)
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Anduin said:

Perhaps we should all lie down and die...

And then resurrect ourselves in 15 days time :)

Best plan I've heard all week.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Sorry, I think you're doomed...

Naaah, just kidding! We are *all* doomed! :D
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I'm glad I joined this forum. I learned pretty much of what people are doing when they're bored.

As for answering your question, obviously you're doomed. But if you're girl, there's still chance that you just find him somehow attractive an-..... No, you're doomed anyway.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Personally I'm more of a fan of Xzar. Dat voice. <3
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    edited November 2012
    I have said a couple of things about Xan over this forums. He thinks similar with many wise and intelligent men over history. The more they get to know, the more they suffer. But, I actually believe we can achieve bliss. I think Xan is highly a intelligent character, but not wise enough.

I'm leaving this here so I can sum up what I'm trying to say - "Men are disturbed not by the things which happen, but by the opinions about the things: for example, death is nothing terrible, for if it were, it would have seemed so to Socrates; for the opinion about death, that it is terrible, is the terrible thing. When then we are impeded or disturbed or grieved, let us never blame others, but ourselves, that is, our opinions. It is the act of an ill-instructed man to blame others for his own bad condition; it is the act of one who has begun to be instructed, to lay the blame on himself; and of one whose instruction is completed, neither to blame another, nor himself." Epictetus

Evil does not lie in objects and things but in opinions.

• DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    A screen shaking critical ought to do the trick!
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    We're all doomed!
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November 2012

Personally I'm more of a fan of Xzar. Dat voice. <3</p>

Hahaha Xzar is bloody awesome. I would cosplay him because I could pull it off (same skin tone, I can impersonate his voice decently, and when my hair gets long it does exactly was his is doing in his pic), but no one would recognize me at any conventions so it really wouldn't be worth it.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @LadyEibhilinRhett So what is it that touches you so much about Xan? I've noticed he was also included as a romance in the BG1 NPC project, and a mod was made to move him to BG2 and give him some content there as well, so he seems to be fairly popular. Myself I could never handle having him around all that long though - in unmodded BG1 especially he just comes across as a very whiny character without any real depth.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318

This group is especially hopeless today.

@LadyEibhilinRhett may I suggest that you avoid listening to this because it really won't help you at all ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la6tOXPghCA

That is priceless, l laughed my butt off at that. Thanks Stark.

Lady E., I wish you luck! Once Xan gets stuck in the noggin he's probably going to be lodged there for a while... lol. If he's a party member in a game you're currently playing, try removing him from the party in a house where you can later go back for him!
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Shin said:

@LadyEibhilinRhett So what is it that touches you so much about Xan? I've noticed he was also included as a romance in the BG1 NPC project, and a mod was made to move him to BG2 and give him some content there as well, so he seems to be fairly popular. Myself I could never handle having him around all that long though - in unmodded BG1 especially he just comes across as a very whiny character without any real depth.

In a recent game I played, I probably shouldn't tell you, but I got my Assassin CHARNAME to backstab him.

Stopped his moaning.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited November 2012
    @LadyEibhilinRhett , there's something I could never understand about Xan.... why would Everaskan officials send an elven enchanter downsouth unprotected, carrying nothing but an incredibly valuable artifact ?

1-Is he such a good spy? or 2-Did they want to get rid of him?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    DJKajuru said:

@LadyEibhilinRhett , there's something I could never understand about Xan.... why would Everaskan officials send an elven enchanter downsouth unprotected, carrying nothing but an incredibly valuable artifact ?

1-Is he such a good spy? or 2-Did they want to get rid of him?

As a mage, he can't use armour, helmets, shields, and if he had any magical items on him other than his moonblade, then it would have been stripped from him and either used or sold by his captors.

Meanwhile his moonblade is bound to him, he is the only one who can use it and it is useless to them, so it was the only thing that stuck around other than his spells.

Maybe he was sent lightly equipped precisely so that he would easily be captured, putting him in an excellent position to spy on the Bhaalspawn of prophecy due to turn up in the area?
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Good point - maybe he wanted to be caught =o
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Forgetting Xan is completely hopeless. Thinking about Xan is completely pointless. Therefore, you are stuck in a dilemma, from which you have no reasonable chance to exit. In a word, you are doomed.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    It could be worse. You could have Korgan stuck in your head.
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    edited November 2012
    Xan is not just a character, he's an idea, he represents Existential Nihilism; pushing Xan away is not impossible; life, as well as man, is a purpose in itself.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Zafiro said:

Xan is not just a character, he's an idea, he represents Existential Nihilism; pushing Xan away is not impossible; life, as well as man, is a purpose in itself.

Xan the Jungian Shadow! Nice, lol.

• eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    Let's discuss it... to futility.

Honestly, what is the point? We delude ourselves to think that our pitiable discussion will help out in any way.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    hmm... ;)
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    You're Doomed!
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Xan isn't a pessimist, he's a realist. The dude is never dissapointed, only pleasantly surprised. We should all endeavor to be more like Xan.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861

Xan isn't a pessimist, he's a realist. The dude is never dissapointed, only pleasantly surprised. We should all endeavor to be more like Xan.

Blessed are they that expect nothing for they shall not be disappointed.