Skip to content

SOD Characters

Still no word if the SOD characters like Corwin will be brought over to BGII:EE?

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    edited June 2017
    @Camus34
    I'm pretty sure that was always a no.

Corwin, Glint, Voghiln and M'Khiin will always remain SOD exclusive and Baeloth will always be BG1 (I'm counting SOD in this case) exclusive unless someone makes a mod.

Voghiln makes an appearance though in Neera's quest in TOB as well as Black Pits II, appearing in both as a fighter in the Black Pits.

There are mods for several BG1 characters, but all of the one's I know of are for Bioware NPCs.

There are fairly easy to find mods to include Xan, Kivan, Branwen (and although he wasn't on your side in BG1) Angelo into BG2
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Camus34
    Also if you do some digging, there are mods to add Coran (not to be confused with the SOD archer Corwin), Safana and Xzar.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    To add to @DJ_Sweatz_2013's list is Ajantis.

Only very few EE added NPCs have so far stirred any interest for modders. Neera is the sole exception who has some really good contents added by mods (bringing her almost to the level of the Bioware NPCs enhanced by BG1NPC Project mod. https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/NeeraBanters http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10145/mod-neera-dialogue-expansion-and-flirts/p1
    Modders need interesting and inspiring characters as a baseline (see Tenya turned into a joinable NPC by a mod). There is little sense to just make an SoD character available in BG2 without adding contents to the existing(?) character.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    With respect to Corwin:
    She is loyal to her hometown, the Dukes, her daughter, and the flaming fist. Her place is in her city which is not part of the further scenery, unless you play the game as EET.
    There was a mod discussion about her starting already in BG1 as soon as you get access to her city, e.g Scar introducing her as possible companion when you start working for him. It has the advantage that you would have the later chapters of BG1 + SoD for her and the protagonist relationship to develop. Again this idea may be limited to EET games to make her a continuous character. Of course, EET would also allow you to later return to BG City and involve her to clarify the murder case hanging over you.
    After I played Safana in SoD (having always neglegted her for more than a decade in BG1), she has become a worthy candidate for a BG2 extension - her existing BG2 contents is pretty weak and could easily be replaced by a full contents.

For the other SoD NPCs - I can understand that modders rather create their own NPCs or continue BG1 NPCs into SoD than to try and breathe life into these stooges.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Camus34 said:

Still no word if the SOD characters like Corwin will be brought over to BGII:EE?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/63659/regarding-modding-sod-npcs-for-bg2-ee#latest