Skip to content

What's your favorite BG Dungeon?

13»

Comments

• MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    I would vote for Durlag's Tower, except the first time I went there, after resting in the third floor, the locks all reset, and I was actually trapped. Due to a save file error, I was either trapped there, or would have to go through 10 hours of progress again :(
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Durlag's Tower is certainly the most elaborate, and a mini-adventure in itself. If forced to choose I like it best, I think. Although there's something rather satisfying too about completing the Nashkel mines and Cloakwood mines, both, as they conclude chapters.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Firewine Ruins!
    One of my favorite mod NPCs for Tutu (Indira, I'm talking about you!) is there. And the Bard you meet on top of the bridge was really cool, too. I also like to stop by Meilum and give him what-for every time I go there, just for funzies.
  • Aris4lifeAris4life Member Posts: 103
    tilly said:

I prefer the out-of-doors! n.n Love wolfy island.

Buuut if I have to choose a dungeon, it'll be the sewers. So comfy. :) Also, one of my favourite fights.

... And you folk who voted for Firewine Bridge are crazy nuts! ^-^

YAH! Dat bridge! :D
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    Loved firewine. First dungeon in the game that frustrated me (I was 12, I think). Taught me to compulsively search for traps and use scouts for the rest of the damn series.
  • DeathMachineMiyagiDeathMachineMiyagi Member Posts: 120
    Durlag's Tower was what first taught me how difficult BG could be when the developers were really trying. Capping it with a return to Ulgoth's Beard and that damned fight with Aec'Letec...'frustrating' doesn't even cover it.

Firewine just taught me that Kobold Commandos deserve to die. Painfully and in large numbers. And that people who design entire dungeons seemingly customed designed to screw with the poor pathfinding and then fill them with annoying enemies and barely any treasure or rewards of any kind deserve to be slapped.
  • GygaxianProseGygaxianProse Member Posts: 201
    Another vote for Durlag's Tower. It is the Spooky Place of BG. It will eat your PCs. Even as the campaign progresses, it looms in the background, until you think your PCs have the mettle...
    I remember finding a way to kill the guardians with a lower level party, though, and they are worth a chunk of XP.
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    Nashkel for pure nostalgia (which is half of BG for me. I died there so many times before i had a clue). Durlags for epic loot, challenges and backstory.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    I like the Ulcaster school because it always had a certain sad mystery about it. Like the firewine bridge, except cooler since it was a school for magic users. Plus Ulcaster is still around :)
  • Time4TiddyTime4Tiddy Member Posts: 262
    Firewine wouldn't be so bad if the kobolds didn't respawn instantly. Ulcaster is a better dungeon of that type (narrow corridors) if for no other reason than it doesn't respawn. Cloakwood is my favorite in BG1 though, from the group of assassins outside to the mage at the end, it's got a lot of variety and you have to think strategically, can't just send your tank in to smack. Durlag's is a bit too long for me, I prefer to get through a dungeon in one play sitting, not have to save and come back three or four nights in a row.
  • KrypteiaKrypteia Member Posts: 50
    Obviously Durlag's Tower tops my list, but I have to admit I kinda like the Firewine Ruins too.
  • StovichStovich Member Posts: 15
    The Modron Maze is my most treasured dungeon in Baldur's Gate.
  • Aris4lifeAris4life Member Posts: 103
    Stovich said:

Wrong game dude! :P That's in PS:T (why do i get the feeling you tested us?)
  • StovichStovich Member Posts: 15
    Aris4life said:

Stovich said:

Wrong game dude! :P That's in PS:T (why do i get the feeling you tested us?)
    An astute observation.