Skip to content

What's YOUR ability score?

islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
Alright, I don't know if there were similar threads before or if this post is in the right place, but here it is, everybody shares, beginning from...

~islandking~

Strength: 6-7, checked the strength table, carried a 15kg bag of rice before, need to put it down from time to time to catch breath
Dexterity: 3, pretty sure of that
Constitution: 10+, kept in fairly good health, only (very) occasionally catch fevers
Intelligence: 11, above average math score from elementary school, able to understand things pretty fast, like to ask questions, thrill to do research to satisfy knowledge hunger
Wisdom: 14, talented in music, acting, strong sixth senses, sense perception, trend to view complicated matters from higher ground
Charisma: 16 (eggs, tomatoes thrown on the face)

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (formally Neutral Good)

edit from Cam: typo in title was driving me crazy
Post edited by CamDawg on
Kamigoroshi

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited July 2017
    Raduziel

Human - Fighter - LN

STR 13

DEX 12

CON 13

INT 14

WIS 7

CHA 7

Special Abilities:

Stupid Modder: Once per day can raise his Charisma by 5 points to ask for help modding, but lowers his Intelligence by the same value.
    islandking
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    @Raduziel
    You sure you can carry 90lb items without slowing down, buddy? o:)
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Can we get link to tables you refer? So that we all use one and the same =D
    Shikao said:

Can we get link to tables you refer? So that we all use one and the same =D

Strength
    the number is in lb, as in game :)
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Ah, that table =D

STR 7 (10*)
    DEX 11
    CON 8
    INT 16
    WIS 15
    CHA 14

Alignment: Good, wanna be Lawful, but Neutral in reality

I guess Mage or Mage/Cleric would be good fit for me. In particular that with DUHM I could overcome my physical shortcomings =P

I used this as help -> https://dmingwithcharisma.com/2011/10/dd-stats-in-simple-language/
    Though it's for 3E. Also that why there are 2 STR scores, 7 according to table, 10 from article. I also I don't like how they base WIS on empathy mostly.
    islandking
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    If I had to just assign myself class and stats:

Race: Human (obviously)
    Class: M/T I guess (if magic existed)
    Alignment: Neutral Good

Strength: 10 (I was going to go with 8-9, but according to the table, I'd actually be in the 10-11 category). I regularly haul around quantities of animal (cat, dog, goat, horse) feed in 16/30/50 lb bags. About 65 lb is where I start to get a bit strained. I CAN lug around as much as 2x50.

Constitution: 9. Superficially healthy, but have had underlying health issues. Never have been much for athletic endurance, tend more to sprints/short bursts of energy.

Dexterity: 14+. Definitely more agile and quicker reflexes than average.

Intelligence: 16-18. Extremely intelligent, curious and inquisitive. Very bookish. Excellent with math and science.

Wisdom: 10. Wise in some ways, lacking in common sense in others. Average.

Charisma: 8-9. Shy and introverted, but will respond with social engagement. Nothing spectacular in terms of looks, lacks social "forcefulness". Not much to inspire others. Definitely not a leader except in situations where there is no one else stepping up.
    islandking
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    ThacoBell

Cleric/Monk (according to a test I took awhile back)

Lawful Good

Strength: 8 (I am a weak weak man)

Constitution: 10+ (this one is hard, I almost never get sick, but I have a health condition that prevents any really strenuous activity)

Dexterity: 14 (My reflexes have saved my life more than once)

Intelligence: 13-14 (high ACT score, top percentile in the country with regards to reading comprehension)

Wisdom: 15 (known to give good life advice, I have a very reliable sense when it comes to how much I should trust someone).

Charisma: 10+ (Am a good second in command type, can direct small groups)
    islandking
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    edited July 2017
    Strength: 12 according to the table

Dexterity: 13 above average agility and hand eye coordination, at least based on my experience in sports

Constitution: 10 my tolerance for pain is not super high and I do get sick from time to time

Intelligence: 14 always been an avid reader and interested in academic topics, can plan and puzzle things out to a good degree, always kept good marks in school and college, kept in advanced classes.

Wisdom: 8 the area of common sense is where I fail spectacularly.

Charisma: 8 while considering myself fairly good looking, I have very little in the way of leadership skills or personal magnetism. I often find a supportive role to be much more my style, making everything work behind the scenes.
    Raduzielislandking
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

Ooze Priest by thirdeyepl (Matt)
    KAMIGOROSHI
    Race: Ooze (obviously)
    Class: Amorphous Sorcerer
    Alignment: Neutral Chaotic Insane
    Strength: 6
    Constitution: 9
    Dexterity: 6
    Intelligence: 9
    Wisdom: 6
    Charisma: 9

696969 - the Number of the Ooze

ronaldoArctodusThacoBellislandking
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    That means the standard deviation is 0. I find that hard to believe. People are different.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    ThacoBell
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    lroumen said:

That means the standard deviation is 0. I find that hard to believe. People are different.

Yeah, i don't think the average being 9 or 10 means the vast majority are walking around as pure 9's or 10's
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    9 iirc is a smidge below average... assuming 3d6, that'd be 10.5 average. Which also iirc is supposed to be average for a person in a high activity lifestyle, which will make you stronger on average than a modern person if you rock a 10. This assumed the tables aren't horse-poop, which is a seperate issue. That said, stats don't = destiny.

Also iirc, the max weights in BG are supposed to be the lifting capacity with mobility at all, or the max they can bench or military press. This kinda ignores that plenty of people have stronger lower bodies compared to their upper body strength, and strength is the one thats EASY to quantify! So, I always think these are silly-ish, but still fun.
    semiticgoddessThacoBell
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Maybe 17 Intelligence? 130-something IQ matches 17 INT on a bell curve. Both IQ and a 3d6 roll result in a bell curve distribution; it's not linear. The average roll of 3d6 is 10.5, as @DreadKhan said, and by definition, an IQ of 100 is the average.

I think IQ is the closest we've got to a reliable one-to-one match between real life and a 3d6 roll, because STR, DEX, CON, and WIS can plummet or skyrocket in the space of a few months with the right training (examples include coma, disability, AIDS, education, and various life experiences), and there's no way of quantifying either WIS or CHA. Unless we use number of Facebook friends to quantify CHA.

Otherwise, nothing really sky-high or rock bottom for me. My dad would have 18 INT (IQ 140+), and my grandpa would definitely have 18 CON and CHA. The man got polio and the doctors said he'd never walk again, but he came out on top and stayed athletic into his 70s. He also survived getting slammed by a bus when he quite heroically saved one of his relatives from suffering the same fate.

He also has a deeply magnetic personality, a talent for storytelling and singing, excellent looks when he was young, and under his leadership, Source of Light became a global missionary force. My dad suggested my grandpa could have been an actor if he had wanted.
    ThacoBellislandking
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    edited July 2017
    RL charisma = √x, where x= the number of people you have slept with
    semiticgoddessRaduzielislandking
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    DrakeICN said:

So an average score of 10 means the average person has slept with 100 people?
    DreadKhansemiticgoddess
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    edited July 2017
    Hmm

Strength 11 (70 pounds should be OK, I tend to carry that at work, going to 90 would slow me down)
    Dex 8. I'm fairly clumsy but nothing catastrophic, and when I really focus on something I'm okay, but my everyday dexterity is rather bad
    Con 9, I am fairly bulky with a quite solid constitution but multiple issues with my knees and ankles lower my stamina by a lot
    Int 17 or 18, according to the IQ test I had at a psychiatrist when I was young
    Wis is really, really hard to evaluate. I would say 10. Not very gifted with practical common sense but I am quickly able to figure out a good solution to a given situation, for example.
    Charisma is quite hard to evaluate as well. I wouldn't feel ill-at-ease when saying a speech or playing an instrument before 100 people, but having a 1 to 1 face to face discussion is a much harder exercise. 9 feels like an okay number

DrakeICN said:

So a common prostitute would have more charisma than men like Barack Obama. An... interesting point of view
    semiticgoddessislandking
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Arunsun said:

DrakeICN said:

So a common prostitute would have more charisma than men like Barack Obama. An... interesting point of view
    It's entirely possible that Barack Obama has slept with far more people than the average prostitute. If I run into him, I'll ask him about it.
    DrakeICNDreadKhan
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    lefreut said:

CamDawg said:

Mine are 9/9/9/9/9/9.

These are also most likely yours, whether you care to admit it or not. :)

Everyone know that on internet we are all extremely strong, smart, beautiful and modest :p
    I know, I know. I will admit these threads are one of my guilty pleasures, like that 80s movie you always catch on TV even though it's just terrible. The justifications alone (I can drink 4 beers, 18 CON!!11!) are worth it in their creativity.
    ArctodusDreadKhan
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited July 2017
    My turn...

Str 15. Solid muscular build : 5'11'' and 215lbs. Can walk around carrying 200 lbs+. Did it at my old student job : I was carrying 5 banana crates at 40 lbs each. Could actually have taken more, but it would have been a bit dangerous (the stack would have been too high).

Dex 14. Been practicing boxing for a few years. While not as mobile as Pernell Whitaker, obviously (that guy had 19 dex, seriously), I learned to dodge quite efficiently. I'm a very good dancer too !

Con 10. I also run, and I'm actually not too bad for a guy of my size : did an half-marathon in 1h 29 min., which translate to roughly running at 15km/hr for an hour and a half. However... I easily fall sick. If something is in the air, I'll get it. I'm highly allergic to animals too. No cats or dogs for me !

Int 16. I've always been the bright geek in school. I completed two master degrees with honour, and could have gone for a PHD. My first job in after school was a university assistant researcher. Not sure I would have been the kind of guy that would have change a field, though. Thus why no 17-18.

Wis 10. I guess ? I'm absolutely not religious and not really an intuitive person.

Cha : 8. While pretty easy going, I don't really like people. The more people there is, the less I like it. More of a loner. Definitively not a leader, and someone kinda hard to lead too. I hate authority.

Aligment : Chaotic Neutral.

Class : some kind of fighter/mage, but not in the BG format. Way too munchkinny; while I like a good challenge, I don't like over the top powergaming stuff. Think more along the line of a 3E spellblade/duskblade. Solid, versatile, ready to tackle anything.
    Post edited by Arctodus on
    Shikaoislandking
    edited July 2017
    Oookay, so I can see that Obama could have been incredibly promiscuous, but plenty of religious leaders are not supposed to be promiscuous at all, and are often expected to be celibate. Pope Francis is pretty charismatic, and the Dalai Lama is obviously very charismatic. I think its pretty obvious though that the equation was meant to be a joke, so I feel like I'm lowering my charisma just for pointing this out.

...hmm, for limts of drinking I think I've put away about 2L of 20% sherry in one day when I was on a serious bender. I'm not really that proud of that, but since I spaced it out, I didn't even pass out. Didn't eat much either, sherry has enough sugar to help take the edge of hunger off, and I used to never eat when I drank. I think saying this lowers my apparent intelligence score, so I should shut up.
    semiticgoddess
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    DrakeICN said:

So, Wilt Chamberlain had a charisma of, what, about 140?

It's entirely possible that Barack Obama has slept with far more people than the average prostitute. If I run into him, I'll ask him about it.

Wait, are you implying that an American politician has slept around? I am shocked, SHOCKED I say, to hear this!

semiticgoddessThacoBell
    tbone1 said:

Wait, are you implying that an American politician has slept around? I am shocked, SHOCKED I say, to hear this!

I've always assumed Obama was pretty loyal after marriage, but I'm probably projecting.
    semiticgoddess
    ThacoBell said:

Dexterity: 14 (My reflexes have saved my life more than once)

Gosh ThacoBell, would you care to elaborate?

I know it's not a laughing matter but considering how many BG experts are here you might get some BG-ish advice like replacing your T-shirts with Leather armor +1 to boost your AC ;)
    DreadKhan said:

I've always assumed Obama was pretty loyal after marriage, but I'm probably projecting.

Well, if you can't trust a Chicago politician, who can you trust?

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @islandking Oh you know, just the occasional runaway garbage truck, flying knives...
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    @islandking big respect for not giving yourself ridiculously high stats! In most other similar threads I have seen over the years, people usually to give themselves Int scores 18+. :)
    Daevelon