Skip to content

Demihuman Charname Thread! Stats, RP ideas, Portraits!

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Does anyone have/know where to find some good Kobald Shaman/Druid protraits? Looking for something realtively close to BG/fantasy art style, background doesn't matter so long as its not plain white.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    They're hard to find without the white background, but even with the white is hard for kobolds. I saw a few come up in google with kobold shaman as a searh. Closest I saw with background was this.
    A kobold shaman/druid witchdoctor type wearing a mask, by Andantonius, that you might have seen.
    I did, adn while its certainly very well done, I'm not sure how I feel about menacing looking Kobolds. Their whole schtik is not looking dangerous, while actually being very dangerous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I'd really like to see Lucas Parolin do some more kobolds, as his are the best and most detailed I've seen to date. I was glad to see he made it on FanArtFriday last week (Aug.22) with one of his kobolds. Everything else I have seen are the later D&D edition's 'alligator' look which is now about the only thing to be found.
    @Shandyr I agree, sample 3 is amazing. Unfortunately, I do not have photoshop or access to editing software.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Shandyr Holy crap, that's basically perfect. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!
    @Shandyr You have saved my playthrough. Now "Tra" (Means Oak in the black speech), the Kobold Witchlight Shaman, can embark on her quest to not be hunted down her whole life.
    @Shandyr Nice shading of the background you did there. :)
    I've got the full story in my asylum thread somewhere.
    From the Unpublished Ecology of the Kobold I've got saved ( by Johnathan Richards):
    8. Kobolds do not wear clothing because they need to; their scaly hides protect them from the elements well enough to preclude the need for clothing. Nonetheless, kobolds prefer to wear clothes simply because other humanoids (specifically, goblins, orcs, and hobgoblins) do. The diminutive kobolds wish to be like their taller brethren, and so clothe themselves in garments they do not truly need.

Incidentally, due to their reptilian builds, males and females are virtually indistinguishable to non-kobolds. Each sex is liable to wear the same types of clothing - a male kobold is just as likely as a female to wear a dress (and therefore, one shouldn't use clothing types to attempt to guess a kobold's gender).

Sounds good enough for me. B)
    @Shandyr Yeah, reptiles have no outward gender differences. The only way to tell is, uh, internally. Of course, the internet being what it is, I had to sift through far too many "well endowed" kobolds.
    I never even noticed.
    Okay, my chioce of class this go around requires True Neutral. I've had problems in the past, considering that I have exclusively played good for going on 16 years. But I think I can work this. Tra's Neutral alignment is the result of Bhaal's essence pulling against her sense of decency. She will try to do the right thing most of the time, but can be spiteful or even petty if wronged. Its a constant battle for her, and its a coin flip which way she could go.
    I could, but I think this is gonna be interesting.
    ThacoBell said:

I could, but I think this is gonna be interesting.

Heh. Try not to let your wayward brethren get ya down in Nashkel. ;) They are being led astray by others and can hardly help it. Poor lil critters, they just need a better example. B)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    TIME TO BUILD A KOBOLD KINGDOM
    ThacoBell said:

TIME TO BUILD A KOBOLD KINGDOM

I've got a few ogre PCs that would gladly form an alliance with ya. That would be a force to be reckoned with, what with the strength of the ogres combined with the agility, ingenuity and intelligence (and wisdom for that matter) of the kobolds. B)
    @fluke13 You.Are.Awesome. This forum is awesome. People are awesome!

Does it matter what I re-name it to?
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    I've sent you a pm, to keep the thread tidy :)
    Thinking of trying a new race out. I was looking through some of the races for 5e and the Lizardfolk look pretty sweet. Being 5e though, I wonder if anyone has any ideas on how to translate its "natural armor" ability to BG. It sets AC to 13 plus dex modifier, but that doesn't really fit 2e. Any suggestions?
    edited November 2018
    My humanoid book has lizardmen, and the saurials at least. If we can match those up to the new edition I can get the 2nd edition base AC worked out. *** I've run a few different humanoids having to factor that in, so shouldn't be too hard. The way it is described in 2nd ed, the creatures base AC we set as the base AC on EEK (dex bonus then apply automatically), with any armor with a worse AC doesn't help much (except AC weapon modifiers still apply). Any armor better than that base will just set the AC to the better AC based on armor alone. That's how it's described anyway- although technically the worse armor should make it one point better, but doesn't make too much difference.

***Checked new monster "Lizardfolk in 5th. In that case looks like your good to go with a base AC of 5 for the standard lizard man from 2nd ed. Just remember to change both AC values in EEKer to 5.
    @Zaghoul awesome, thanks!