Skip to content

Female Charname Romance Suggestions

Doing a very rare female charname run soon-ish, and I'm looking for suggestions on romance choices. I'm not a fan of the selection in the vanilla game, though Rasaad is adorable, a monk is difficult to run in my typical party setup. Are there any really good mod npcs that have good romances? I'm a big fan of Jaheira, Aerie, and Rasaad, so roamnces similar to Dorn or Viconia are right out.

Comments

• RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    I enjoy the Gavin NPC mod. Lots of content and a very useful cleric.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited August 2017
    @Ravenslight Which game/games is he available for?

*EDIT* derp, OR I could just check myself :wink:
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    xan's is the only female romance i have done so far. very enjoyable but you need to be a elf to do the full saga romance stating from bg1 with the npc project mod that continues into his bg2 mod.
    He has been updated for all versions of BG and the EEs. I’m thinking that he has BGII content as well. But come to think of it, I’m not sure. I’ve been working with BG only for so long now that I’d have to check myself. Let me know what you find out. :)

As megamike15 mentioned, I enjoy Xan from the NPC project as well, providing your PC is an Elf. The NPC project has become such a “vanilla “ part of my instillations that I didn’t even think to mention it. Ajantis’s romance is very sweet for a very good girl. Coran is a bit of a bad boy, as you might imagine. The only thing that I don’t personally enjoy about his romance is that there is a bit of unpredictability built in. I prefer outcomes to be based only on my PCs choices.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    The Gavin BG1 and BG2 mods are both compatible with EE games and also EET.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    edited August 2017
    Xan, Coran and Ajantis in BG1NPC (all 3 with extension to the BG2EE now, afaik). Consider convenience: you can have all 3 of them in the party very early and within one mod, so a lot of jealousy banters that looks very natural and greatly refresh conversations. None of the above romances have anything to do with Viconia or Dorn style.

And in BG2 you can either continue one of the 3 above or take some other great options. I can not stop recommending Haer'Dalis romance. Also, Sarevok (very late in game, obviously, but worth waiting). Yoshimo might be in your taste. Edwin... not so much to your liking, probably, but interesting. There are Arath and Faren (both "bi" and both on the "light" specter - no Viconia here). Weimer's Solaufein not only has a romance in it, but adds a lot of encounters. You also have Aran and Kelsey. Gavin was already mentioned. And for touch of tragedy you can get Kivan and Keldorn.
    Thanks to modders, we do have choices now :)
    For BGII, I would like to second what Mirandel said about the Haer’Dalis Romance mod. Just love that one. I am still looking forward to getting around to trying her Sarevok mod. I have also enjoyed Kelsey many times, as well as Angelo.

@Mirandel
    The Keldorn romance is another one that has been on my list of “must try” for quite some time. Please tell me that tragedy is not the only possible outcome… sniff… :)
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited August 2017
    @Mirandel almost provided a complete list of the male options for a female player.
    Depending on your tastes, there are also Sarah the ranger (sweet version) and Chloe (Viconia style wildcat) to romance female protagonists. Chloe will show some interest in Imoen, if the protagonist does not fit.
    Valerie, a cowled wizardess in BG1, starts flirts with a female NPC but the long awaited BG2 contents with the announced romance option never emerged.
    does solaufien even work with the ee . i thought it was still not compatible.
    @Ravenslight There are two Keldorn romances (in case you are not aware of). I know that berelinde's has a happy ending but it needs patience from the PC and takes until ToB. I don't know how Senka's plays out.
    @Ravenslight You are totally safe! I used "tragedy" very loosely, and actually meant the beginning of the romance for both Kivan and Keldorn - after all, they both loose their loved one one way or another.
    And you are right, I completely forgot Angelo (probably, because never tried) and did not mention Darian.

@PaulaMigrate ThacoBell was talking about Rasaad, so assumed straight romances. But if not - what about Saerileth? :) Or, on a serious note - Dace?

@megamike15 Sola does work with EE (though, last time I tried I run into a conflict with other mods at Bodhi part). You can even install him in EET (after conversion and with a lot of shamanic dancing involved) but did not check the result of such installation.
    Oh good, Berelinde’s is the one I was thinking of. Did not know there was another. Thank you :)
    Oh, and if you do consider something ... less Aerie style, there is Adrian. Very well written NPC - from start to finish not a single false note (romance included). Evil, but works in a good party without problems.
    edited August 2017
    Sarah and Aran look very likeable. I'm loving all the suggestions, thank you, everyone.

@Mirandel I mentioned Rasaad specifically because he is the only likeable option for female PCs without mods. He's the guy I see myself getting along with best IRL.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Valygar has a mod romance?

The mod page says that Aran is "in progress" how complete is the mod?
    Aran worked last time I checked with EE and even included into patch for EET BWS installation.

Stand alone Valigar romance mod was never finished, afaik. But (!) he has some serious romance content within BG2RE and (separate but word is they can work together) in Tortured Souls. I never tried to mix them myself, though.
    Valygar romance from Domi exists as beta but needs update to work with BGII:EE (and fix dome bugs).
    another mod to bring up is isra. she is a female paladin and while my last run with her i romanced her as male. you can romance her as a female as well. she is in both bg1 and 2.
    edited August 2017
    ThacoBell said:

Sarah and Aran look very likeable. I'm loving all the suggestions, thank you, everyone.

@Mirandel I mentioned Rasaad specifically because he is the only likeable option for female PCs without mods. He's the guy I see myself getting along with best IRL.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Valygar has a mod romance?

The mod page says that Aran is "in progress" how complete is the mod?

There is the great lost Valygar Romance aka Valygar Romantique that was never finished, but a big hype was made about it. I played the beta once but it was tiresome boring. No loss if it stays in the vaults.

Angelo is a lot of fun. How could I forget him.

another mod to bring up is isra. she is a female paladin and while my last run with her i romanced her as male. you can romance her as a female as well. she is in both bg1 and 2.

There is an install option for Isra to make her available for female protagonist. I played her with male and liked the mod - I can very well imagine it works just about the same for female. Sune followers probably know no gender restrictions, so it is only logical to allow it.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    For a laugh do the Edwin romance, (you know you want to really). :D

What I would say about it is the fight against the RW who are after him is really worth doing at least once.
    A lich, 3 RWofT and some very tough knights in an enclosed space.
    And some excellent loot including an extra pair of BOS.
    I think I've got it narrowed down to either Aran or Sarah. Looking some of Aran's banters, he seems like a pretty alright guy. Sarah is admittedly because I have a weakness for both red heads and rangers.
    Oh look, Drake is entering beta *grumble*. Add another one on the pile.
    Aran is out. According to the readme his romance track is equivalent to an "R" rating. I feel like that would be tonally out of place for BG. Sarah is still looking like a good choice, but Isra being a Paladin would slot in my party perfectly class wise. Almost a 1-1 replacement for SIrene. Fade being a Shadowdancer would also be interesting. Why are my choices multiplying when I try to narrow them down!?
    Did you play Weimer's Solaufein (since he is bi, as I recall)? Non descriptive and romantic.

Though, it looks like you made up your mind - why not flip a coin betweem Sarah and Isra? :)
    @Mirandel not a bad idea. hmm, turns out Sirene is also bi. DO I try someone else, or go with an npc I've used before, but is one of my favorites?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    If I somehow manage to get Aura finished within a week or two, that might be another option to consider :p though the odds of that are not especially high.

Though if you've already completed Sirene's romance once there's not much that changes from playing the other gender. I was pretty lazy with gender-specific dialogue.
    Gosh darn it. I'm gonna end up with one of those conspiracy theory boards with photos of npcs and and string connecting them all.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    ThacoBell said:

Gosh darn it. I'm gonna end up with one of those conspiracy theory boards with photos of npcs and and string connecting them all.

You don't do that for every decision???

Now I feel like some kind of crazy person!