Skip to content

Baldur's Gate VS Planescape Torment

Why do you say that Planescape Torment is better than Baldur's Gate?

Comments

• themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    I like it better, but I don't think that makes it better. I like the characters and their stories better. I like that it thought outside the box more. As a writer I like Planescape:Torment better. However, I like strategy in my gameplay, and Baldur's Gate outdoes PS:T by a long shot for strategic gameplay.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Forofgold said:

Who is that "you"? Some people like PST more, others like BG more.
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    Both games excel in different areas. PST has brilliant intricate writing and atmosphere, BG has superior gameplay and customization.

They are both very good games although I feel PST has a less "replayablility" factor largely because of limited customization and a more focused environment.
  • ForofgoldForofgold Member Posts: 21

Forofgold said:

Who is that "you"? Some people like PST more, others like BG more.
    Sorry, I miss English because I am Spanish and I use google translator.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    If I were to be honest, I think that Planescape Torment has better combat than Baldur's Gate 1 (not so much Baldur's Gate 2 though). The party members in Planescape Torment are SO much fun to use. Each party member has at least one thing about them that makes their gameplay cool. The game also has such an awesome selection of spells. The only thing I don't like about Planescape Torment's gameplay is the lack of enemy variety. It's not that there aren't a lot of different enemies, but most of the enemies fight you in the same way: they go up to you and whack you. It would have been much better if the enemies had all sorts of strange powers. The developers were happy giving some characters weird powers during dialogue, so why can't some characters have powers to use in combat?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited October 2017

When I heard about the EE I hoped so much for the story and setting of PST, with combat of BGEE. I'd pay someone 40 bucks for that in a heartbeat. Alas, PSTEE is still just basically PST.

Same, though I understand the logic behind it. I doubt it would happen, but I'd love to see an expansion telling the story of Fall-from-Grace leaving the tanar'ri.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    They both are very good games.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited October 2017
    Well, I must said Planescape do not pose the problem about feminine nouns in foreign languages (although slang and old English are a drudgery). TNO is a male and he is the only one able to talk with NPC.
    @Aedan Isn't that a lot?
    Post edited by rede9 on