Skip to content

Solo Cavalier the easiest playthrough?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,437
    edited November 2017
    1. With single spells they are waiting, and when Cavalier is already at home.

2. Most. -3 is good for Cavalier and until you reach to SoA and max MR and DR. You didn't list only F/M/T though. You're redefining exactly the same as you go on. This is why this a pointless discussion, on top of being an annoying one.

3. I've misconception because of that yes. It's not a problem for me though as it seems to you. So why don't you edit it?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @histamiini @Pantalion: Perhaps we should break away from this tangent. It's becoming less about substance than it is about semantics.

After all, we're here to share knowledge, not to win arguments.
    edited November 2017
    chimaera said:

Tbh, I can't recall a single time when dispel was an issue in BG1, neither original or modded. The deadliest enemies* were so because of a 'special attack', e.g. fighting Aec'Letec the first time, only to discover his ability to turn NPCs into ghouls. Fighting classes are easier in the beginning, but once you learn how the spell-counter system works, it's easy to keep mages alive. Even modded with SCS, the only time my mages got dispelled & roasted was when improved Kangaxx landed a wish > breach option, followed by a comet. (There is of course the dead magic room, but a gnomish f/i can just chop his way through.)

When it comes to sheer damage, my record setter in BG1 was Quayle using the bouncing lightning bolt trick against Karoug and his posse (doesn't work in the EE). In BG2 it was a low wisdom sorceress, using the wish > wilting option (not sure this works in the EE). Thats said, the biggest damage potential in a single round would be stacked spike traps.

* and traps. I've lost a ridiculous number of NPCs in BG1 to traps. :D

Aren't mages dispelling with SCS? Aec'Letec was the only time I had to use Protection From Magic scroll in BG1 for Cavalier because of his gaze attack. But using that I just ran the room with Boots of Speed and Oil Of Speed and hacked away. Next time I used PfM against Kangaxx. All other fights have been pretty straight forward, needing no reloads.

• AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297

chimaera said:

Tbh, I can't recall a single time when dispel was an issue in BG1, neither original or modded. The deadliest enemies* were so because of a 'special attack', e.g. fighting Aec'Letec the first time, only to discover his ability to turn NPCs into ghouls. Fighting classes are easier in the beginning, but once you learn how the spell-counter system works, it's easy to keep mages alive. Even modded with SCS, the only time my mages got dispelled & roasted was when improved Kangaxx landed a wish > breach option, followed by a comet. (There is of course the dead magic room, but a gnomish f/i can just chop his way through.)

When it comes to sheer damage, my record setter in BG1 was Quayle using the bouncing lightning bolt trick against Karoug and his posse (doesn't work in the EE). In BG2 it was a low wisdom sorceress, using the wish > wilting option (not sure this works in the EE). Thats said, the biggest damage potential in a single round would be stacked spike traps.

Aren't mages dispelling with SCS? Aec'Letec was the only time I had to use Protection From Magic scroll in BG1 for Cavalier because of his gaze attack. But using that I just ran the room with Boots of Speed and Oil Of Speed and hacked away. Next time I used PfM against Kangaxx. All other fights have been pretty straight forward, needing no reloads.

This was already addressed. Spell Immunity Abjuration stops a full dispel. If enemy wizards try to work their way through your protections by starting with Ruby Ray of Reversal it takes several rounds, in which they are not doing any damage (and are properly already dying). If you really want to you can reapply protections faster than they can strip you.

In any case, in most battles you simply kill the enemy first. Improved Haste easily buffs the damage output of a F/M beyond the cavalier. You can get it from items, but with the exception of the amulet the duration is much shorter. The amulet you get very late in the game. Critical Strike + IH > Greater WW.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited November 2017
    Ammar said:

chimaera said:

This was already addressed. Spell Immunity Abjuration stops a full dispel. If enemy wizards try to work their way through your protections by starting with Ruby Ray of Reversal it takes several rounds, in which they are not doing any damage (and are properly already dying). If you really want to you can reapply protections faster than they can strip you.

In any case, in most battles you simply kill the enemy first. Improved Haste easily buffs the damage output of a F/M beyond the cavalier. You can get it from items, but with the exception of the amulet the duration is much shorter. The amulet you get very late in the game. Critical Strike + IH > Greater WW.
    Yeah I was talking specifically BG1 as you only get Spell Immunity in SoA, where Cavalier gets immune pretty much to everything bar imprisonment. And which nobody will dispel no matter how many rounds. I seem to recall mages in BG1 dispelling, could be wrong though.

chimaera said:

They do, it just wasn't a problem in BG1, because a solo mage doesn't have to be on the frontline (invisibility, summons & wands). In BG2 you get spell immunity. And a f/i can use a pfm scroll all the same, put on armor on and go melee or ranged. Though it's not always necessary against improved Kanganxx, because the wish options in SCS seem to be random, and spell immunity stops imprisonment.
    That's a lot of micro management, which is one argument against being an easier.

edited November 2017
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Most solo play throughs are pretty easy once u gained a few levels as you quickly out level the area's pretty quickly. Some classes just have a a higher learning curve than others when starting out.
    chimaera said:

I don't consider managing a character something that increases or decreases the difficulty of a game, unless the GUI is terrible.

Then all the playthroughs would be as easy, as pretty much every fight can be won with a proper management.

edited November 2017
    edited November 2017
    chimaera said:

chimaera said:

I don't consider managing a character something that increases or decreases the difficulty of a game, unless the GUI is terrible.

Then all the playthroughs would be as easy, as pretty much every fight can be won with a proper management.

Not taking mods into account, sure, the game gets easy after a while. But it's not the micromanaging that makes the fight difficult/easy for a character build, but the means a character has at their disposal (equipment, spells, traps, special attacks, etc.). For example: a fighter/thief will be able to employ more strategies than just a plain fighter, because he will have access to backstabs, traps and through UAI, additional equipment.
    True they can have more strategies, fighter/thief is also swapping armor all the time if he's to be taking advantage of both fully. But I don't consider it as easy íf you have to always go through a certain procedure, drink invisibility, set traps, back stab, drink another and so on, if I can just run through the enemy pretty much with no preparation, AI on and watching tv at the same time.

This came apparent to me when I swarmed Tolgerias and the other mage and the fight was over like two seconds. Although you can do the same with F/T UAI, but he will never have turn undead, Defensive Stance or AoF etc.

edited November 2017
    I'm currently SoA CH2 and have pretty much done all the hard stuff, I would say the hardest part was the undead swarm before Firkraag with Ancient Vampires and so on, not because it's actually the hardest, but because I didn't remember it at all untill they swarmed me. But then I remembered Turn Undead and buff all the minions exploded. Aec'Letec and Kangaxx were easy as nothing because of using three scrolls. I haven't done Twisted Rune yet, so we'll see how that goes.
    Wesboi said:

Most solo play throughs are pretty easy once u gained a few levels as you quickly out level the area's pretty quickly. Some classes just have a a higher learning curve than others when starting out.

I can definitely believe that.

edited November 2017
  • BanananautBanananaut Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2017

This came apparent to me when I swarmed Tolgerias and the other mage and the fight was over like two seconds. Although you can do the same with F/T UAI, but he will never have turn undead, Defensive Stance or AoF etc.

This sounds a lot different than the SCS mages in my game. What install options are you using?

In any case, if you really want to show off the power of the Cavalier, the best way to do that would be to document a run in the no-reload thread. I'd be particularly interested to see how you handle the Sarevok fight without a scroll of protection from magic or how you get Carsomyr early in SoA, especially if you installed the option that gives dragons an HP buff.
    edited November 2017
    GrimJim said:

This sounds a lot different than the SCS mages in my game. What install options are you using?

In any case, if you really want to show off the power of the Cavalier, the best way to do that would be to document a run in the no-reload thread. I'd be particularly interested to see how you handle the Sarevok fight without a scroll of protection from magic or how you get Carsomyr early in SoA, especially if you installed the option that gives dragons an HP buff.
    How do I check that, I have installed mods with BWS? I remember Tolgerias being über hard my last playtrough, but rushing with GW and Carsomyr disposed him in like two strikes. Sarevok I lured with missile blast from The One Gift Lost to the door, and just smacked him down. It took like 15 seconds.
    You can see the full list of your mods by going to your game directory and opening the "WeiDu" text file.

SCS nerfs Carsomyr so its dispel magic ability on hit offers a saving throw, but with 10 APR, there's a decent chance Tolgerias will fail his save, allowing you to take down his Improved Mantle (which Carsomyr, as a +5 weapon, bypasses) and Stoneskin in a single round. If he had used Protection from Magical Weapons instead, Carsomyr would have been useless and the Cavalier would have to resort to normal weapons.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    It is possible with different rolls to have very different outcomes in the same fight, depending on whether you (critical) hit or not, dispel or not. I like to throw a silence out there with Namarra first, sometimes twice if I feel lazy.
    edited November 2017

You can see the full list of your mods by going to your game directory and opening the "WeiDu" text file.

SCS nerfs Carsomyr so its dispel magic ability on hit offers a saving throw, but with 10 APR, there's a decent chance Tolgerias will fail his save, allowing you to take down his Improved Mantle (which Carsomyr, as a +5 weapon, bypasses) and Stoneskin in a single round. If he had used Protection from Magical Weapons instead, Carsomyr would have been useless and the Cavalier would have to resort to normal weapons.

This is the Stratagems part:

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1910 // Protection from Normal Missiles also blocks Arrows of Fire/Cold/Acid and similar projectiles without pluses: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Modify the Harm spell so it does damage rather than reducing target to 1 hp -> Enemy Harm spells reduce target to 1 hit point; player Harm spells do 150 hp of damage: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Slightly weaken insect plague spells, and let fire shields block them: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Slightly increase the power of Mantle, Improved Mantle, and Absolute Immunity: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Make spell sequencers, spell triggers, and contingencies learnable by all mages: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Add an extra copy of some hard-to-find spell scrolls: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // True Sight/True Seeing spells protect from magical blindness: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4051 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 1/2 the normal rate: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Allow NPC pairs to separate: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4150 // Allow the Cowled Wizards to detect spellcasting in most indoor, above-ground areas in Athkatla: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4160 // Increase the price of a license to practise magic in Athkatla -> License costs 10,000 gp: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4172 // Increase the price asked by Gaelan Bayle -> Gaelan wants 80,000 gold pieces: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4180 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4210 // Randomise the maze in Watcher's Keep: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4215 // Remove unrealistically helpful items from certain areas: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4230 // Delay the arrival of the "bonus merchants" in the Adventurers' Mart and the Copper Coronet: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4240 // Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate abilities rather than memorisable spells (each may be taken only once): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Cloak of Displacement: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5030 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5050 // Stackable ankheg shells, winterwolf pelts and wyvern heads: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5060 // Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6023 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to spellcasters -> All eligible spellcasters in Throne of Bhaal get HLAs; only selected casters in Shadows of Amn do: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6032 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6042 // Smarter Priests -> Priests never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6102 // Potions for NPCs -> Half the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6511 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have normal hit points: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6521 // Smarter genies -> Genies have normal hit points: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6531 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have normal hit points: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6541 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have normal hit points: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6551 // Smarter beholders -> Don't give beholder rays any chance of burning through spell protections; beholder antimagic blocks all spells, including harmful ones, for a round (simulates D&D rules): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6560 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids can see through invisibility: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility

That's one of the "easier" SCS installs you can have (which admittedly is still pretty freaking hard for most people). Carsomyr is not nerfed and dispels magic on hit with no save regardless of caster level; dragons have barely any more HP than a high-level fighter; and mages don't cast pre-buffs. Dragons are very much doable in Chapter 2 without the SCS hit point boost.
    Oh, yeah have to make harder install for the next playthrough because this has been too easy.
  • BanananautBanananaut Member Posts: 25

Sarevok I lured with missile blast from The One Gift Lost to the door, and just smacked him down. It took like 15 seconds.

This makes much more sense after seeing your WeiDU log. The SCS improved version of that fight requires you to kill all of Sarevok's lackeys before you can kill Sarevok himself. You also don't have Better Calls for Help, which would almost certainly prevent you from isolating Sarevok.

I asked about that fight specifically because it's one where you really want to have good ranged options, particularly Arrows of Dispelling, which is where Cavaliers are out of luck.
    edited November 2017
    GrimJim said:

Sarevok I lured with missile blast from The One Gift Lost to the door, and just smacked him down. It took like 15 seconds.

This makes much more sense after seeing your WeiDU log. The SCS improved version of that fight requires you to kill all of Sarevok's lackeys before you can kill Sarevok himself. You also don't have Better Calls for Help, which would almost certainly prevent you from isolating Sarevok.

I asked about that fight specifically because it's one where you really want to have good ranged options, particularly Arrows of Dispelling, which is where Cavaliers are out of luck.
    Always thought that fight needed more umph. But I seem to remember of my last playthrough killing minions with careful placed blasts from One Gift Lost without alarming the whole mass?

edited November 2017
    chimaera said:

GrimJim said:

Always thought that fight needed more umph. But I seem to remember of my last playthrough killing minions with careful placed blasts from One Gift Lost without alarming the whole mass?

BWS doesn't install the 'better calls for help' for some reason in the default setting, you need to manually check it. You also seem to be lacking most of the BG1 & BG2 challenges (In BWS the tactical challenges are under a separate "branch"), e.g. improved Kangaxx. It'd be interesting to test if he uses spellstrike against the pfm scroll; the improved version utilizes a very good spellcasting script.

and mages don't cast pre-buffs. .

Technically they still cast the long term prebuffs, as those are installed by default.
    Can BWS-install be modified, or do I have to install everything again?

Also can SCS be modified with current playthrough?

@histamiini: Re-installing mods shouldn't mess with current runs, but you can't re-install or uninstall anything in BWS; you can only add new components on top of it. You'd need to do BWS all over again.
    edited November 2017

@histamiini: Re-installing mods shouldn't mess with current runs, but you can't re-install or uninstall anything in BWS; you can only add new components on top of it. You'd need to do BWS all over again.

Damn, well have to do another install then. I'm itching to compare Solo DD to Solo Cavalier, and see if faster developement is enough to overcome better abilities and Carsomyr. Watching SCS readme, I saw that Mage and Paladin were the only ones being nerfed by items? Which I think is argument kind of I guess.
  • broshimobroshimo Member Posts: 19
    Curious, what are your tactics against Firkraag and other dragons with a solo cavalier? I've never played this game solo. Do you grind it out in melee and hope it doesnt strip your buffs with Remove Magic, or clever things like using Vhailor's Helm and have the simulacrum use Scroll of Protection From Magic against them?

I think Kangaxx should be an easy one with when there's just enough Protection Against Undead scrolls for every named lich, but what if you don't want to cheese?