Skip to content

Ascension for BG2:EE

Comments

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Can ascension be splitted in components? I'm referring to the ravager transformation.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @Arthas Lite chance, unless there will be an active mod maintainer.
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    ALIEN said:

Current know errors when installing for BG2EE 2.5:

Ascension - Tougher Gromnir - INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS

Install Component [Ascension - Tougher Gromnir]? [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? Installing [Ascension - Tougher Gromnir] [1.6.0] Compiling 1 dialogue file ... WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/toughercommon/baf/GPHEALER_O1.baf] [ascension/tougher/toughercommon/baf/GPHEALER_O2.baf] loaded, 177 bytes [ascension/tougher/toughercommon/baf/GPHEALER_N2.baf] loaded, 167 bytes Copied [GPHEALER.bcs] to [override/GPHEALER.bcs] Copying and patching 1 file ... BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\lang\pl_pl\DATA\SCRIPTS.BIF] BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\lang\en_us\DATA\SCRIPTS.BIF] BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\cache\DATA\SCRIPTS.BIF] [.\DATA\SCRIPTS.BIF] 6777220 bytes, 2652 files, 0 tilesets WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/toughercommon/baf/GPARCHER_O15.baf] Copied [GPARCHER.bcs] to [override/GPARCHER.bcs] Extending game scripts ... [ascension/tougher/toughercommon/baf/GPARCHER_Bottom.baf] loaded, 607 bytes [./override/GPARCHER.BCS] loaded, 25544 bytes Extended script [GPARCHER.bcs] with [ascension/tougher/toughercommon/baf/GPARCHER_Bottom.baf] Copying and patching 1 file ... Copied [GPMAGE1.bcs] to [override/GPMAGE1.bcs] Copying and patching 1 file ... WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/toughercommon/baf/GPTHIEF_O9.baf] Copied [GPTHIEF.bcs] to [override/GPTHIEF.bcs] Copying and patching 1 file ... WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/toughercommon/baf/GPMERC_O12.baf] Copied [GPMERC.bcs] to [override/GPMERC.bcs] Copying and patching 1 file ... Copied [SPSEQ12A.bcs] to [override/SPSEQ12A.bcs] Copying 1 file ... Copied [sw1h01.itm] to [override/asc_gromnir.flag]

Ascension - Tougher Yaga-Shura - INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS

Install Component [Ascension - Tougher Yaga-Shura]? [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? Installing [Ascension - Tougher Yaga-Shura] [1.6.0] Copying 1 file ... [ascension/tougher/yagashura/ITM/YAGAWH.ITM] loaded, 746 bytes override/YAGAWH.ITM copied to ascension/backup/5/YAGAWH.ITM, 746 bytes Copied [ascension/tougher/yagashura/ITM/YAGAWH.ITM] to [override/YAGAWH.ITM] Copying 1 file ... [ascension/tougher/yagashura/SPL/YAGWEAK.SPL] loaded, 586 bytes override/YAGWEAK.SPL copied to ascension/backup/5/YAGWEAK.SPL, 586 bytes Copied [ascension/tougher/yagashura/SPL/YAGWEAK.SPL] to [override/YAGWEAK.SPL] Copying and patching 1 file ... [ascension/tougher/yagashura/SPL/yaga01.SPL] loaded, 442 bytes Copied [ascension/tougher/yagashura/SP WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/yagashura/baf/GPKENSAI/GPKENSAI_O16.baf] Copied [GPKENSAI.bcs] to [override/GPKENSAI.bcs] Copying and patching 1 file ... [ascension/tougher/yagashura/baf/GPMAGE2/strip1.baf] loaded, 125 bytes [ascension/tougher/toughercommon/baf/TxCOMMON_N1.baf] loaded, 316 bytes WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/yagashura/baf/GPMAGE2/strip1.baf]

Right! Remember those when I did my BWS install about a month ago!
    Carried on with the install cause I was eager to start a new playthrough after not playing the game for years. Should I be worried when I reach those parts? I'm about half-way through SoA and I kinda don't want to start all over again...
    @Mera No worries, try to reach ToB and if you encounter problems with those fights, I'm sure that it could be easy fixed by community via patch to existing game files.
  • oddbododdbod Member Posts: 7
    i cannot get this working for the life of me. Keeps saying fatal error - run this in your infinity game engine.
    Running bg2ee through the beamdog client , tried locating the bg2ee file , cant really tell which is the exact file to extract to.

Sad , years ago when i had the collectors edition of b2 had no problems installing it.
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    edited August 2018
    ALIEN said:

@Mera No worries, try to reach ToB and if you encounter problems with those fights, I'm sure that it could be easy fixed by community via patch to existing game files.

Won't be until another month or 2 but sure :D
    Don't really mind if both fights are downgrades of the intended ascension difficulty of even are the vanilla versions, just hope I won't have a crash or gamebreaking bug. Fingers crossed.
    @oddbod Put the files where you chinit.key file is.
    @ALIEN dont ask me why but when i try to extract the files to there it doesnt show up in the browse box. Yet when i open the bg2ee folder normally on cdrive there it is. Driving me nuts this is. No idea whats going on. Thanks anyway i did try.
    @oddbod If you still have difficulties, try using BWS for you mods installation.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Mera said:

ALIEN said:

Won't be until another month or 2 but sure :D
    Don't really mind if both fights are downgrades of the intended ascension difficulty of even are the vanilla versions, just hope I won't have a crash or gamebreaking bug. Fingers crossed.
    I did the tougher fights in my last run and didn't have any issues. I don't know if 2.5 would potentially cause new problems though.
    @ALIEN that chinit.file has now changed to a pdf file because i clicked on something wrong and ive redownloaded , wiped the game from the pc and reinstalled and everytime i do it still comes up as a pdf file. im losing my shit with this , im not the best with file movement and changes but any idea or suggestions on what to do to get the chinit file back to its original state? This is really starting to upset me , not sure if my pc is stuffed or what but ive never had so much trouble before
    I give up. Got the bws up to the page where it asks which mods to install then when i choose ascension it just wont work. Its all so complicated to me some of the weird errors coming up it may as well be written in a foreign language.
    God i hate windows 10 , this was sooo easy to do all those years ago when i had the original discs , now i just cant get anything to work. Been trying for over a week now and nothing will work , so frustrating as ascension really made tob a far better game. Cant take the frustration anymore though , thanks for trying to help me tho ALIEN , guess im just too dumb with windows 10 now i cant make it work.
    @oddbod I cannot speak for BWS, but the process for installing mods is the same its always been with Weidu. Have you tried installing mods manually? I personally find it easier/faster than setting up BWS, but I also don't run megamods or EET. Also, are your game installs in one of your program files folders? Depending on your security settings, windows can throw a fit when you try to alter files in your "program files."
    @ThacoBell The games are on the d; drive in a folder in named beamdog as i use the bd client for downloads. I tried to download the normal ascension mod because thats all i want but when trying to extract the files it keeps saying fatal error this is not a game directory.

Alien said to extract the file to the chinit file but when i browse for this when extracting it just doesnt appear. Whats strange is if i open the file explorer and check the location i can see the chinit file but like i said when extracting and the browse option comes up it just will not find it.

I just dont know where to extract the ascension file to so it works , as i said in an earlier post i had 0 issues with it when the game originally came out as the game directory was simple to find.
    Thanks for ur input tho mate , im going to call a friend who is a tech and see if he can see whats going on because im completely lost and at my wits end now.
    Well, at the very least, it doesn't sound like windows specifically screwing you over with file protection (program files can be problematic sometimes). Its weird that the mod isn't recognizing your "chitin.key" file though. Hopefully your friend can help.
    edited August 2018
    @oddbod
    Alien said to extract the file to the chinit file

Extract "setup-ascension.exe" file and "ascension" directory from mod zip archive into the same directory where you have chinit.key file for BG2EE. What are you talking about when you say "extract the file to the chinit file" ? That's nonsense.
    Dude... i download acsension . I then extract those files to >This PC>Volume2 (D:)>beamdog>00783>
    which is where that chinit file is. Every time i do then try to run the asc setup from there i get the same message "FATAL ERROR" this is not a game directory.
    All the BG2EE files are in that same folder so its not like there are many choices.
    @oddbod Please read my last post carefully:
    Does "setup-ascension.exe" file and "ascension" directory from mod zip archive are placed inside "00783"

?
    OMG I DID IT. THANKYOU SO MUCH ALIEN YOUR GRAPHIC HELPED IMMENSLY. i CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH. /DEEP BOW/
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    edited September 2018
    Hi! I have BG2 EE + Ascension + SCS. I haven't had issues until now. I'm currently stuck in the Chapter 10 final fight after the Irenicus battle. The bridges have not lit up and I cannot reach the pools. Is there a way to turn on the bridges that I'm missing?
    @butteredsoul Enable Cheats and use Ctrl+J to move party where you want.
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    Thanks for the idea, @ALIEN . Alternatively, is there a variable that I can set to force the game to register that it should move forward and enable the bridges?
  • FlapFlap Member Posts: 5
    First off: thanks alot to everyone involved in the creation and maintenance of this awesome mod! Your time and efforts are really appreciated :)

However, the supposedly latest version of this mod located at https://github.com/BiGWorldProject/Ascension/releases is a more than a year old beta version.
    Is this mod considered abandoned/on hiatus, or is it stable and bugfree enough that no further updates are needed at this time? Are there any other actively developed subversions/forks that I am not aware of?

Thanks in advance for any insight to this matter - the history of this mod is kinda confusing.
    @Flap
    Are there any other actively developed subversions/forks that I am not aware of?

No, this is the one which has most updates.

This mod is abandoned because there is no active code maintainer. But at the same time, mod is stable and bugfree enough that no further updates are needed at this time. The updates are mostly translations, typo corrections etc (if you need them, user master download link, not the releases).
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Alien, considering the mod is stable, would it be possible to create a release version for it then? It would help with making it clear on which version to use. I see people getting confused about Ascension often
    @Ludwig_II Yep, that's good idea. I was busy with other things but there is one fix which definitely deserve new Release.
  • sorcerinsorcerin Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2018
    Is is possible to install this on a Mac?

I see the setup file is .exe. Can it be installed manually or otherwise without the .exe file?
    New Pre-Release is published:
    new weidu
    adapted to BG2Fixpack 11
    use 0-level tp2 detection
    update DS v3.95 from RR, with one minor change
    more string as references to tra files
    updated Polish translation by AL|EN and Cahir
    updated Russian translation by Magus
    updated Italian translation by Aedan
    updated Spanish translation by Magus
    The warnings are fixed for Classic BG2, for BG2EE more investigation is needed.
    @ALIEN Where is it published at?
    @ThacoBell First page link will always work
This discussion has been closed.