Skip to content

Ascension for BG2:EE

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Thanks!
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    edited September 2018
    Alas. After Ctrl-J'ing to all three pools in the final battle, fighting demons at each one, and then grabbing the essence from each, nothing happens. My party just sits there, buffs wear off, summons' timers run out, and no Melissan. Is there a variable or event I can instigate to push the story forward?

I'm using Ascension-20170708 with SCS, if that helps.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Using Ascension without SCS works better?
    sorcerin said:

Is is possible to install this on a Mac?

I see the setup file is .exe. Can it be installed manually or otherwise without the .exe file?

@sorcerin - yes you can install on a Mac. I installed it on my MacBook Pro. Check out this thread:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-weidu-launcher-for-os-x/
  • sorcerinsorcerin Member Posts: 58

@sorcerin - yes you can install on a Mac. I installed it on my MacBook Pro. Check out this thread:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-weidu-launcher-for-os-x/

Thank you! I will give it a try on my next run.

Alas. After Ctrl-J'ing to all three pools in the final battle, fighting demons at each one, and then grabbing the essence from each, nothing happens. My party just sits there, buffs wear off, summons' timers run out, and no Melissan. Is there a variable or event I can instigate to push the story forward?

I'm using Ascension-20170708 with SCS, if that helps.

Thatis an old bug that I'm pretty sure was fixed a version or two ago. Make sure you have the latst version of Ascension. I don't know is SCS introdusces new bugs or not.
    butteredsoul
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402

Please help me.
  • AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    I finally have successful installs and can now go into some of the warnings that have plagued the overall install. Has anybody else noticed this warning?

Line 200651: WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/toughercommon /baf/GPHEALER_O1.baf]
    Line 200653: WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/toughercommon/baf/GPARCHER_O15.baf]
    Line 200657: WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/toughercommon/baf/GPTHIEF_O9.baf]
    Line 200659: WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/toughercommon/baf/GPMERC_O12.baf]
    Line 200705: WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/yagashura/baf/GPKENSAI/GPKENSAI_O14.baf]
    Line 200706: WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/yagashura/baf/GPKENSAI/GPKENSAI_O16.baf]
    Line 200708: WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/yagashura/baf/GPMAGE2/strip1.baf]
    Line 200792: INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS Tougher Gromnir
    Line 200796: INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS Tougher Yaga-Shura
    Line 200811: WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/toughercommon/baf/GPHEALER_O1.baf]
    Line 200812: WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/toughercommon/baf/GPARCHER_O15.baf]
    Line 200813: WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/toughercommon/baf/GPTHIEF_O9.baf]
    Line 200814: WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/toughercommon/baf/GPMERC_O12.baf]
    Line 200815: Improved Illasera (optional, requires ToB) (Ascension) was installed with warnings.
    Line 200818: WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/yagashura/baf/GPKENSAI/GPKENSAI_O14.baf]
    Line 200819: WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/yagashura/baf/GPKENSAI/GPKENSAI_O16.baf]
    Line 200820: WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/yagashura/baf/GPMAGE2/strip1.baf]
    Line 200821: Restored Bhaalspawn Powers by David Gaider (Ascension) was installed with warnings.

edited September 2018
    Alas, I reinstalled my system: BG2EE 2.5, Ascension (beta) 20180926, and SCS v31. Unfortunately, I'm seeing the same issue. Are there any commands I can run from the debugger to force the plot forward?

EDIT:
    Ah HA!! So, I decided to get my hands dirty and read through some of the files in Ascension. I was able to find a piece of text that appears to be an internal thought after you finish the Irenicus battle. It has an id of 396. I was then able to find a file called player1.d that checks a global variable and, if it is 4, "SAY"s the text with id 396 and moves the plot forward.

I then loaded my save from immediately after the Irenicus battle, hit Ctrl-Space, and did a C:GetGlobal("FinalFight","AR6200")
    It was 3, not 4!!

So I did a:
    C:SetGlobal("FinalFight","AR6200",4)

I waited a moment, paused, unpaused... and BOOM!! The internal dialogue!!! Then BOOM, bridges to pools!!! Now to see how things progress.
    Post edited by butteredsoul on
    ThacoBell
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    @Sikorsky Please download new release and try again.

@Anprionsa That's know issue for BG2EE 2.5, I've fixed it for Classic BG2 but for BG2EE more investigation is needed
    @butteredsoul Nice investigation, nowe we need to know why "FinalFight" was not set to 4
    ALIEN said:

@butteredsoul Nice investigation, nowe we need to know why "FinalFight" was not set to 4

@ALIEN - is there a debugger for this stuff that I can run on a Mac? I’d be happy to check.
    @butteredsoul Not really, NearInfinity + loading save before fight + checking script files where FinalFight is suppose to set to 4 and then figuring out why it wasn't. Very painful process.

BTW: Please post you wiedu.log in spoiler tag and attach savegame before fight.
  • Daft_HunkDaft_Hunk Member Posts: 17
    edited October 2018
    Hello !

Sorry to bother you, but I noticed something strange with the french version of Assension during my EET setup install.

I don't know if you will know why but I get this strange error :

SKIPPING: [Extended Epilogues for original Bioware NPCs by shawne]
    This component is currently only available in english language

SKIPPING: [Extended Epilogues for additional Beamdog NPCs by shawne]
    This component is currently only available in english language
    [.\lang\fr_fr\dialog.tlk] created, 346051 string entries
    [.\lang\fr_fr\dialogF.tlk] created, 346051 string entries
    > I don't understand why it skipping here as, if I'm not wrong, if Fr is not available it would fallback to En, isn't it ?

Here is the original post I made on EET setup forum if you want my log :)
    http://baldursextendedworld.com/Vanilla_Forums/discussion/comment/1246#Comment_1246
    @Daft_Hunk This is how this component is coded: no installation unless mod is installed as English.
    Aedan
  • Daft_HunkDaft_Hunk Member Posts: 17
    Oh okay I understand, thanks for the quick answer ;)
    edited October 2018
    @Daft_Hunk Maybe it will be changed someday, but not for the near future.
  • AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    @ALIEN

2.5 broke stuff... sigh
    Anprionsa said:

@ALIEN

2.5 broke stuff... sigh

Like what?
    Phælin said:

bump
    edited October 2018
    ALIEN said:

BTW: Please post you wiedu.log in spoiler tag and attach savegame before fight.

@ALIEN - I've attached a zip with my logs from installing Ascension and then SCS. It also has my auto-save from just before chapter 10.

FYI, I was able to complete the game with no further problems.

As far as the actions I took after loading the save game...
    ...but before the Irenicus fight, I promised Bodhi some essence so she would fight on my side. During the fight I killed Imoen (sorry Immy lovers).
    Hope this helps!
    Post edited by butteredsoul on
    Phælin said:

Phælin said:

bump
    Huh, guess my posting here is invisible.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It's visible, and there's no need to bump the same question. Maybe players here just don't have an answer for you, @Phælin .
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    Just finished a complete BG2EE + TOB + Ascension + SCS run (and very few other mods, most notably Refinements and Unfinished Business) and can confirm everything works flawlessly.
    Install was done with BWS, I believe there was a warning at some point which I ignored but other than that, all good! If there was a bug somewhere or an encounter that should have been different, I did not notice.
    Something really minor though is that the two Steam achievements for completing TOB don't trigger with Ascension.

Anyway, great job, thanks to everyone that was involved with working on this version! :)
    Borcomegamike15ThacoBellLudwig_II
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the achievements in general for tob seem to be bugged. as i did one run with out Ascension when they were added and i did not get the last few.
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Hey Mera, did you play the game using v2.3 or the latest 2.5 patch?
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    Ludwig_II said:

Hey Mera, did you play the game using v2.3 or the latest 2.5 patch?

2.5. As a software developer myself, I tend to never use outdated code ;)

As far as achievements, I believe Ascension is the issue. Did the final fight a few times to check the different dialogues and none never triggered. When I was done, I was going to remove the game from my steam library anyway so did that, reinstalled the game from scratch (fiber connection is good :D), loaded my final save and managed to get them both.
    Not that big of a deal anyway.
    Ludwig_II
  • LadonLadon Member Posts: 17
    Using latest BG2 version (2.5), I get the following errors:
    NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Restored Bhaalspawn Powers by David Gaider

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Tougher Abazigal

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Tougher Demogorgon ( Original Bioware Design )

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Tougher Gromnir

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Tougher Illasera

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Tougher Yaga-Shura

D:\GOG\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition>

ERROR: No translation provided for @3000
    ERROR: [ascension/ascensionmain/itm/finsarev.itm] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    ERROR: Not_found
    Ascension -> full version (requires ToB) (Ascension) was not installed due to errors.
    Any idea what's wrong?
  • corporal8corporal8 Member Posts: 4
    I am getting the following error trying to install. This is the first mod on the list, other than BigWorld Fixpack. Installing on Mac.

[./setup-Ascension] WeiDU version 24200
    In state 108, I expected one of these tokens:
    [361] AUTHOR
    Parse error (state 108) at ~~

[ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 7 column 1-7
    Near Text: SUPPORT
    GLR parse error

[ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2] ERROR at line 7 column 1-7
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: problem parsing TP file [ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

Press ENTER to exit.
  • corporal8corporal8 Member Posts: 4
    never mind, I had an earlier version of Weidu installed. got the latest version and it worked.
    corporal8 said:

I am getting the following error trying to install. This is the first mod on the list, other than BigWorld Fixpack. Installing on Mac.

[./setup-Ascension] WeiDU version 24200
    In state 108, I expected one of these tokens:
    [361] AUTHOR
    Parse error (state 108) at ~~

[ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 7 column 1-7
    GLR parse error

[ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2] ERROR at line 7 column 1-7
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: problem parsing TP file [ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

Press ENTER to exit.
  • dorifdorif Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2018
    I have a bug with this version of ascension : Yagashura remain invincible at chapter eight.

I have ctrl+q him in the last fight (when he spaws with some allies) and he no have the 2 ring giving him invulnerability (invulner.itm and surehp1.itm). So I guess the problem is not from here.

But he do have 100 resistance damage to slashing;crushing, percing, missile while he is supposed to have "only" 99 damage resitance. (looking YAGA01.cre). Si it s almost impossible to make damage to him.

edit : but maybe this bug don't come from ascension, I really don't know
This discussion has been closed.