Skip to content

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is announced!

1235»

Comments

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Diminaco said:

i dont think the challange is the problem. they could use the Cryengine and even publish for free. i think its more about pleaseing the fans of the games some of these guys spent their whole early career developing...idk tho i just think if i can easily get a concept up in Cryengine in a few days, a small team of Pros wouldnt have much trouble developing a full game in a reasonable time frame.

95% of the work is in the last 5%. This is particularly true when you ship software with no “oops” wiggle room.

• TesterosityTesterosity Member Posts: 6
    I for one appreciate keeping the engine and not updating the graphics so that old mods will run. There are literally hundreds of great stories I never finished playing through for this game. In terms of creation, I am not an artistic person but was able to create adventures because of the tile based construction and vibrant community that added tilesets and models for me to use. Looking forward to playing this again soon, and perhaps getting back into writing adventures for it.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    To all Neverwinter Nights in the world... Happy Valentine’s Day!

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/02/neverwinter-nights-love-you-to-death.html
  • KoadieKoadie Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2

In the stream they said the reasons for not redoing the graphics were to not mess up textures that modders used for their mods and also because the cost would be too high to redo all the graphics for the NWN+expansion content.

This.

So after reading this page, I'm under the impression we have to allow mods to account for the character model upgrades?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    That is an old information, @Koadie. Please, visit our blog - blog.beamdog.com and get acquainted with all the latest news.

And see FAQ sticky in https://forums.beamdog.com/categories/nwn-general-discussions.
  • KoadieKoadie Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2

That is an old information, @Koadie. Please, visit our blog - blog.beamdog.com and get acquainted with all the latest news.

And see FAQ sticky in https://forums.beamdog.com/categories/nwn-general-discussions.

Fantastic! Thank you fro the feedback!
    http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/03/join-party-announcing-special.html

We’ll be live Tuesday March 27 at 10am PT playing with the community on a newly Enhanced Arelith server. Tune in on Twitch for interviews with special guests, developer stories, and news about what’s next for Neverwinter Nights!

But that’s not all! Trent, Phil, and Jonathan will be giving away Steam keys and limited edition Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition t-shirts. As a special treat, one lucky live viewer will be chosen to have their portrait Neverwintererized by a Beamdog artist. All you have to do is show up for a chance to win!
  • alleyhillsalleyhills Member Posts: 2

Pre-order on Beamdog.

Digital Deluxe.

Wishlist on Steam.

A note from Beamdog CEO Trent Oster:

“Neverwinter Nights was a unique game that distilled the essence of Dungeons & Dragons and allowed players to build, share and act as Dungeon Master for amazing gaming experiences.I think this unique combination makes Neverwinter Nights one of the most versatile role playing game experiences of all time.

“I invite everyone interested in the future of Neverwinter Nights to join the Beamdog forums. We hope it will become a new home where you can speak directly with the development team. We need to know what YOU want to see Neverwinter Nights become, and we'll do our best to meet and exceed those expectations."

What’s included?

All the content of Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition!

The original Neverwinter Nights campaign: Find yourself at the center of intrigue, betrayal, and dark magic in Neverwinter Nights. Journey through dangerous cities, monster filled dungeons and deep into uncharted wilderness in search of the cure for a cursed plague ravaging the city of Neverwinter.

Two expansion packs:
    Shadows of Undrentide: Another adventure begins in Shadows of Undrentide! Charged by your master to recover four ancient artifacts, travel from the Silver Marches to unravel mysteries of a long-dead magical civilization.
    Hordes of the Underdark: Continue the adventure started in Shadows of Undrentide and journey into the ever-more bizarre and hostile depths of Undermountain to challenge a gathering evil.

Three premium modules:
    Discover over 40 hours of new stories, then go on to sample the hundreds of modules created by community members just like you.
    Kingmaker
    ShadowGuard
    Witch’s Wake

The Aurora Toolset: Build your own world full of unique monsters, items, traps, encounters, and settings, then share your creation with the rest of the Neverwinter Nights community. (Windows only)

Dungeon Master Client: Become the storyteller! Control monsters, creatures, and characters your players will meet over the course of an adventure.

Can't wait? Get a Head Start!

We'll be selecting lucky fans from the pre-order pool on Beamdog for the Head Start program. This is your chance to play NWN:EE, dust off old modules, and update your persistent world servers early! Getting ongoing feedback from experienced fans will help shape the future of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, so let us know what you think!

What’s new? Enhanced Features!

Mostly noticeably, we’ve added an improved display that looks great on modern monitors. Your portrait, combat bar, inventory, and other UI elements now adjust in size based on your chosen resolution and you can select what size scaling you prefer. We’ve also added Advanced Graphics Options! We believe the added pixel shaders and post-processing effects make for crisper, cleaner visuals. Now you can choose to enable contrast, vibrance, and depth of field options as you desire.

These new graphic options are open to modders, and we’re already hearing lots of great ideas from our early testers. We’ve made an effort to ensure NWN:EE is backwards compatible! All your save games, modules, and mods from the original Neverwinter Nights work in the Enhanced Edition.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/11/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition.html

hey guys I have a question do we come to beamdogs site to purchase nwn enhanced or should we go to steams site, which do you guys recommend thx for any replies see ya tomorrow..:)
  • alleyhillsalleyhills Member Posts: 2
    hey guys quick question which site should we download nwn enhanced tomorrow, beamdogs or steam, which are you guys gonna download from and why? thx for any replies..
  • AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
    edited March 2018
    I dunno, I would think that they would release it through the Beamdog client, regardless of where else it's coming from. Perhaps @JuliusBorisov can enlighten us!
    @Atrophiederic

It's already available through beamdog.com and thus the Beamdog Client. The release today happens on Steam.

As for the question by @alleyhills - you should choose whichever place suits you more. Some people prefer to have all the games on Steam, others are not against supporting developers directly. When you buy from beamdog.com you get a Steam key, so in this regard (Steam features) it's the same.
  • AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
    Ask and ye shall receive! Thank you, friend Julius!
    Now the game is available for purchase on Steam.
  • XorinaXorina Member Posts: 138
    So where is it then? I bought the $40 Digi Delux and, aside from the all-seeing eye lighting up in the client, it's STILL not downloadable even though it's 27th March and release date. What's going on? I can't get the client to recognise my GOG purchases either.
  • EugVVlEugVVl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 118
    Will it be available on GOG?
    Aye, GOG is the best thing to happen to make those that seek older, better titles available and ready to play on newer PCs. Pity it doesn't sell the premium NWN modules though.
    EugVVl said:

Will it be available on GOG?

It will, eventually.
    Xorina said:

So where is it then? I bought the $40 Digi Delux and, aside from the all-seeing eye lighting up in the client, it's STILL not downloadable even though it's 27th March and release date. What's going on? I can't get the client to recognise my GOG purchases either.

edited March 2018
    Alas, that doesn't work *scratches head* here's the purchase receipt number:
    " Easy Order Confirmation #R834400184 "
    edited March 2018
    Edit: moved this post to a more relevant thread.
    Sorry, can you clarify: does the work work for you?

Sorry, can you clarify: does the work work for you?

No, the restart and select English does not.
    Please, contact our support - support.beamdog.com
    edited March 2018

Righto, submitted a ticket.
  • MygafferMygaffer Member Posts: 1
    I've been looking but I haven't been able to find any news about it, I assume there is a GOG release planned, yes?

If so when will Beamdog be ready to announce the GOG release date? That's pretty much the only place I buy games anymore and I definitely want to buy this game ASAP.

Thanks.
    The release on GOG will happen but there's no ETA.
    edited April 2018

Great news, it was a simple oversight, nothing disastrous.

It's a simple matter of being sure you are logged in with the same email in the beamdog client as the one you ordered the game with. I forgot I bought NWNEE with my gmail account not my icloud - Do'h.
    Post edited by Xorina on
  • NotabarbiegirlNotabarbiegirl Member Posts: 141
    Varwulf said:

This is a very pleasant surprise, and makes me feel not so silly about making the query regarding the potential of a NWN:EE several years back!

As always, Beamdog, you can consider me on board for and full speed ahead on this adventure as well. Anything you do seems to be an instant hit for me, but that's beside the point!

Sad to hear that IWD2 is seemingly off the books, but hopefully the thoughts of getting back into NWN again at full capacity (and perhaps the potential of one day finally getting the followup modules (official or unofficial) for my beloved Witch's Wake) will be more than enough to fill the gaping void left in my heart by the absence of my beloved IWD2.

Once again, I hope you guys hit the ball out of the park and also once again, my bug testing/opinion giving services will be at your disposal.

I agree advancement that keep what the Amazing NWN community gowning along with ability of using Grate Content like @Andarian creates, along with many other talented writers and modders is key.

Side note / my personal head cannon about Witches Wake : The Night Hag / Witch is actually Gulk'aush from Mask of the Betrayer. This would make Witches Wake her tale of Love and Loss, and the ending would make perfect sense as when the other Hags caught up with her lie and judgement was handed out just after the end scene. Recall there is a cradle in the Witches hut; that could be baby Gannayev. If I had the time, and talent for such things; I would implement this my self as a mod.
  • AndarianAndarian Member Posts: 185

I agree advancement that keep what the Amazing NWN community gowning along with ability of using Grate Content like @Andarian creates, along with many other talented writers and modders is key.

Thanks for the kind words, @Notabarbiegirl !

This discussion has been closed.