Skip to content

NWN:EE Free from Social Justice Propaganda?

As an AD&D player from the 80s who played the Bioware/Interplay games, it is great to hear that NWN will have an enhanced edition. However, as a Southern man with a firm moral compass, I am both skeptical and concerned, given the sinister history of Beamdog. It seems like only yesterday that Beamdog took the pure and noble masterpiece of Baldur's Gate and injected 21st century Marxist class struggle ideology into the characters. Children in particular are unsafe when exposed to such a game. I am interested in buying NWN:EE, but will I be subjected to endless brainwashing attempts concerning race, gender, and sexual orientation by writers who are proudly ignorant of AD&D? I do want to buy and play the game, but I'm uninterested in joining Antifa. Just how much has the original content really been altered?

Ficus

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    It hasn't.
  • deathlessdeathless Member Posts: 21
    This goes beyond Antifa.

Just look at the livestream twitch with CEO Trent Oster... masonic flag backdrop, all seeing Illuminati eye (expected), joke about ritualistic murder to receive a t-shirt, starter quest involving pact with a demon, CEO joking about his pc’s name being a common transgendered name, all CEO & dev portrait pics are satanic/luciferian... CEO Trent Oster twitter filled with damascus blade sharpening fetish alluding to ritualistic killing fetish

I mean seriously Beamdog.. you have to just flaunt your Illuminati/Freemason symbolism in our face as if you think no one notices

what kind of world are we living in

• MalclaveMalclave Member Posts: 47
    I'm just hoping that NWN:EE will finally allow me to gain the powers Jack Chick promised me years ago in "Dark Dungeons".
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @Ficus Worry not!

https://www.beamdog.com/nwn_faq#13

Are you changing existing content in any way?

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition includes UI and quality of life features. All the included story content remains as it was in Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    edited November 2017
    So like the fact the op engaged in hate speech is going to be ignored? I mean it's just cool that he said exposure to lgbt concepts harms children? Reassure him that his hate won't be challenged because the oc isn't going to be changed and that's it?
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    103% chance of being Swedish troll: http://tyda.se/search/Fikus?lang[0]=en&lang[1]=sv
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    nothing stopping fans from adding that stuff just to spite you.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    I mean I realize op is very probably trolling, but that shouldn't excuse the content of his speech.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @BelleSorciere and @scriver Such topics are being reported through the Flag features and the moderation heam is handling them. They shouldn't be discussed in public.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Ficus said:

Children in particular are unsafe when exposed to such a game.

How so?
  • deathlessdeathless Member Posts: 21
    predictive programming you fools
  • MalclaveMalclave Member Posts: 47

I mean I realize op is very probably trolling, but that shouldn't excuse the content of his speech.

Personally, I think mockery of such speech is a better response than banning it. Use acid (or acidic comments) to fight the troll.
    Folks, you do understand that you can't go personal against other users, don't you? If you think someone is breaking the Site rules, report it, and the moderation team will handle the situation. You shouldn't try to handle it in-thread yourself.

@Ficus I hope the FAQ I quoted answers your question.

Closing this thread to prevent any further abuse.
This discussion has been closed.