Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    I see the correct DoF kits and I see the vanilla kits. All is good. Thanks again!
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Myrkul is 95% done. I'm having trouble with one spell and I'll fix it tomorrow (hopefully).

Good news: with Myrkul done, Jergal and Kelemvor become very easy to make.

Bad news: the thing that makes them easy to make is the exact same spell that I'm having trouble with.

After Myrkul I'll focus on polishing the Dual-Class madness and fix the APR problem with enemy clerics (I kind of have a solution, but I need to sit, code and test it).

With those three things done, DoF will be on hold again until further notice.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Raduziel said:

After Myrkul's release, I'll make a "1.7.5" version focused exclusively on solving all the dual-class issues so people will only be able to see the classes they were supposed to see and able to take.

I'm sure it is something very small and obvious that @kjeron will point in a single-line-PM and I'll feel stupid the moment I read it.

You've done nothing wrong - I just never implemented it. Thought I had. I'll get to it when I can, but it may be a few days.
    Version 1.7 is up with the Dead Three on their final release (Bane, Myrkul and Bhaal). Only Bane can be played on all the games (BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE).

Thanks @Bubb for pointing my mistake with Myrkul's spell!

Some other minor fixes were implemented.
    @Raduziel @Necromanx2 I've updated the dual-to-kit mod, and a quick test shows it displaying the proper kits (not displaying the default Helm/Talos/Lathander).

@Raduziel v2.5 adds cleric kits for Tyr and Tempus to the base game, so you will need to add them to the list of kits to remove from the K_(C)_(R).2da files for chargen, and disable them in the DUALCLAS.2da for my mod.
    Their labels are OHTYR and OHTEMPUS.
    There is also an OHTYR_OLD, exclusive to NPC's, it is already fully hidden.
    @kjeron Good job! I'll upload a 1.7.5 version fixing the APR issue, but Tempus will only be touched when v2.5 comes to SoD. It's up to Beamdog ATM.

IIRC Tyr is already hidden, but I'll double check and release with the 1.7.5 version.

Thanks!
    I tested in v2.5, so that may be why try was still shown.
    @kjeron

//Hide the kit from Dual Classing

COPY_EXISTING ~DUALCLAS.2DA~ ~override~
    SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER ~RADUALCLAS~ 57 1 ~0~
    SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER ~RADUALCLAS~ 57 3 ~0~
    SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER ~RADUALCLAS~ 57 4 ~0~
    SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER ~RADUALCLAS~ 57 6 ~0~
    SET_2DA_ENTRIES_NOW ~RADUALCLAS~ 1
    PRETTY_PRINT_2DA
    BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

//EoF
    That's the code for hiding vanilla-Tyr from the dual-class options. I don't think that the 2.5 version changes anything here - this value (58-1) was taken from v2.5 IWDEE and BG2EE.

When checking DUALCLASS.2da using NI, all the values for OHTYR are zero for all three games.

What I need to change indeed is the availability of the other kits for dual-classing: all kits appears available to all sorts of dual-classing, both the single-class and the multiclass version.

Version 1.7.1 is up with better synergy with @kjeron Dual-Class-Into-Kits mod.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited May 2018
    For version 2.5 in IWDEE and BG2EE and 2.5b for BGEE+SoD the value for Tyr is 58, as the zero counts, the code uses 57 as the row number.

Checking DUALCLAS.2da after running this code, the row for OHTYR is ~0 0 0 0 0 0~ for all the games.

But if there's a better way of doing it, of course I'll grab it.

Thanks, @subtledoctor
    Version 1.7.2 is up fixing the APR issue for enemy priests!

Thanks @Necromanx2 for the report and @kjeron for the big help with the coding.

The mod is now completely bug/issue free as far as I can tell. If anyone finds anything else, please make a report and I'll fix it ASAP.

For new content, FnP will remain on hold. But stay tuned for some surprises every now and then.
    Version 1.7.5 is up with Kelemvor!

I'll wait for some feedback on the kits provided so far before moving on to more kits.

My next target would be Jergal and Velsharoon, but those kits feel too much NPC-related to deserve a kit. What do you guys think?

If those kits are left behind, I'll be just ten kits away from starting the Demihuman Deities. What pantheon do you prefer to see first? Seldarine? Yondalla's Children? Dark Seldarine? Mordinsamman? Lords of the Golden Hills? The Orc Pantheon?

Leave your opinion below.

Thanks.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Personally, I'm all about elves and orcs...
    edited June 2018
    @Raduziel, has something been changed with Druids? I want to challenge Faldorn to rid her from the grove, but she doesn't see Cernd, Jaheria, or Arie (mage/Baervan) as druids and it won't let me challenge her.

@Raduziel, has something been changed with Druids? I want to challenge Faldorn to rid her from the grove, but she doesn't see Cernd, Jaheria, or Arie (mage/Baervan) as druids and it won't let me challenge her.

I'll take a look. The code adds checks for the kits, but does not remove anything.

By vanilla behaviour, only CHARNAME can get strongholds. What's the main character's class?
    @Raduziel and @subtledoctor, my game is acting as if I installed FnP Mysic kits even though I only installed the sphere system (see WeiDU above). Could this be what is breaking Faldorn on me?

@Necromanx2 Probably not related
    edited June 2018
    My main character is a Mage. I am just trying to complete the Animal Trouble in Trademeet quest where you need to defeat Faldorn. So I need a Druid to challenge her.
    edited June 2018
    @Necromanx2 Now I noticed that the Mystic is FnP's version of the Druid. So maybe this is related indeed.

DoF does not add or alter druid class or kits. All it does related to druids is add some checks for Faldorn's dialogue. At the moment I'm looking for any unintended altering in this dialogue. I'll do my best to fix this issue today.

Maybe @subtledoctor and @kjeron (the real magician behind the stronghold code) can have some useful insights.
    edited June 2018
    I wasn't sure if the work on NPC priest had something to do with it. Faldorn is an NPC priest so I wanted to check.

EDIT: I am suspicious of FnP because now Minsk and Jaheria have the select deity ability two times each on a new game. Really seems like FnP has changed as I haven't seen this in awhile when I do just the sphere system.
    @Raduziel, just noticed that the Doomguide of Kelemvor kit is errroring during install.

@Necromanx2 Looks like the issue is not on DoF's end.

My steps

1) Mods installed: DoF (full)

2) Imported Abdel (Fighter)

3) Added Jaheira, Cernd and Aerie to the party

4) Jump to Druid Grove

5) Faldorn initiates the dialogue and Jaheira and Cernd both can challenge her.

@Raduziel
    REFACTOR_TRIGGER is breaking on some existing OR blocks, I wish that function would just work as advertised.
    edited June 2018
    @Necromanx2 My bad, I forgot to add this file on Github.

Just to be safe I re-uploaded all the files related to Kelemvor.

The files Weidu are highlighting can be found in the attached file. Just extract it inside DeiteisofFaerun/Spl.

Or you can download it again on Github.

Sorry for this inconvenience.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    kjeron said:

@Raduziel
    REFACTOR_TRIGGER is breaking on some existing OR blocks, I wish that function would just work as advertised.

Yup, I noticed those blocks. But despite that, everything is running smoothly on my end as the SS shows.

All the strongholds were working great when I tested them (the druid included).
    Kelemvor installs now.
    @Raduziel, I know life is very busy for you so when or if time permits at some point down the road could you look to see about making this mod update Pai'Nai by Artemius_I to use sphere systemm? I had to use that mod to get me past Faldorn, but had to uninstall it after.

@Raduziel, I know life is very busy for you so when or if time permits at some point down the road could you look to see about making this mod update Pai'Nai by Artemius_I to use sphere system? I had to use that mod to get me past Faldorn, but had to uninstall it after.

I'm not sure if I understood your request.

DoF does not touch Druid, except for adding a check to Faldorn's dialogue. So if Pai'Nai is presenting some issue, this is not DoF's fault.

I can't change other modder content, especially when it is out of the mod's scope. All the mod-introduced-NPCs touched by DoF have their creators' explicit consent and are related to the kits made so far.

If you want Pai'Nai to be compatible with FnP's sphere system, this wish should be addressed to @Artemius_I on the proper thread, I think.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your request.

If it is something that is up to me, I'll help for sure. As I said, being busy or not, I think that making this mod work smoothly is my responsibility.

Cheers!
    I was looking to make the mod compatible with sphere system. Sorry for the confusion. I'll ask Artemius_I.