Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

I was looking to make the mod compatible with sphere system. Sorry for the confusion. I'll ask Artemius_I.

Not a problem. Sorry for not being able to help you with that.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @Raduziel, I traced to my issue with Faldorn. It is the stronghold update in DoF. If I uninstall it, Faldorn works fine and gives the option for Cernd to fight her even with FnP installed.

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @necromanx2 I'm still working on a fix for this, it should be ready soon.
    edited June 2018
    @Necromanx2 Sorry about that. This part of the code is a ninja-stuff way above my payroll. As I stated before, @kjeron is the true magician behind this.

The fact that I can't reproduce makes everything weirder to me. I should have made more stressful tests over this issue, but I couldn't due to how things are looking on my end. Sorry about that.

I also noticed that in this SS you have the option "I will fight you", one thing that wasn't appearing on the first SS you posted reporting this issue.

You said that used Pai'Nai to pass around this problem, is that correct or I misinterpreted you?
    I did use Pai'Nai to get around. However, I kept a save so I could try to figure out what happened and also so I could test any fixes. So today I went to the old save and started removing my mods until I found the issue and then I confirmed it on my system.

I wonder if this relates to some weird things I have seen with other stronghold dialogs. I got weird "No text available" messages at the end of Nalia's and Lidless Eye quests. It caused no issue as I was able to finish the quests, but now it makes me wonder if those are related to this as well.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367

I wonder if this relates to some weird things I have seen with other stronghold dialogs. I got weird "No text available" messages at the end of Nalia's and Lidless Eye quests. It caused no issue as I was able to finish the quests, but now it makes me wonder if those are related to this as well.

Likely, they are being worked on as well anyway.
    Sorry guys. I swear I tested every single stronghold and couldn't find any problems.
    Raduziel, everything worked just fine until I needed to do the clean install. Since I loaded the most recent versions of mods, it is very possible that something new is causing the issue. After all, I had no issues with any of these things until this week.

Hard to be sure that all mods play nice together over time.

Raduziel, everything worked just fine until I needed to do the clean install. Since I loaded the most recent versions of mods, it is very possible that something new is causing the issue. After all, I had no issues with any of these things until this week.

Hard to be sure that all mods play nice together over time.

That's even weirder as the last updates didn't touch the component that alters the stronghold and this issue seems to come and go.

@kjeron is working on a solution and he will probably find one (because he is who he is and he seems to eat IE bugs for breakfast). Last case scenario I'll have to, unfortunately, remove this component, as I can't let something game-breaking be related to this mod.

What p*sses me off is that I can't reproduce this problem and that it didn't happen to me first.
    Version 1.7.6 is up and it contains:

- A fix for the stronghold issue, kindly provided by @kjeron

- Another NPC joining this pack! @LavaDelVortel 's Dusky now join this happy family as a Silentwalker of Mask! This content is IWDEE-only.

Stay tuned for more!
    Downloaded 1.7.6 and get this error when trying to run WeiDU.

WeiDU v 24500 Log

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Setup-DeitiesOfFaerun.exe
    version = 24500
    [.\chitin.key] loaded, 875812 bytes
    [.\chitin.key] 187 BIFFs, 62160 resources
    [.\engine.lua] loaded, 104 bytes
    [.\weidu.conf] loaded, 17 bytes
    [.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] loaded, 16060490 bytes
    [.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] 131931 string entries
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 2 top-level TRA files

[DeitiesOfFaerun/Tra/English/setup.tra] LEXER ERROR at line 51 column 1-4
    Near Text: -
    invalid character [-]

[DeitiesOfFaerun/Tra/English/setup.tra] ERROR at line 51 column 1-4
    Near Text: -
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [DeitiesOfFaerun/Tra/English/setup.tra]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: problem parsing TP file [DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

WeiDU Timings
    parsing .tra files 0.000
    load TLK 0.000
    parsing .log files 0.000
    @Necromanx2 You literally got me between uploads lol

This is fixed already, it was just a typo.

I'm testing a new kit ATM, but it is already on Github.
    edited June 2018
    Version 1.7.7 is up and it contains:

- A new kit: Magistrati of Azuth!

- Some adjustments on Myrkul's sphere and its CLAB file for C/M.

This kit was one of those that I had to make some adjustments to fit in the IE mechanics. I did my best to lower its power, please let me know what you think about its power curve.

If you know a thing or two about Kelemvor and Azuth, you'll probably guess the next three kits ;)

Edit: @Grammarsalad after closing this first arch I'll tackle the Seldarine. Rillifane will be left behind on this one because he doesn't have clerics, only druids

Enjoy!
    Stronghold fix works. My save properly gives me the option to have Cernd fight Faldorn now.

Thanks for all the great work @Raduziel & @kjeron!

Stronghold fix works. My save properly gives me the option to have Cernd fight Faldorn now.

Thanks for all the great work @Raduziel & @kjeron!

The credits on this one is all @kjeron 's.
    I noticed that some multiclasses kits were impossible to obtain without a mod that removed multiclass restrictions (that I commonly use). So for better convenience, DoF now removes all the racial restriction for clerics multiclasses only.

That means that now you can make a Gnome or Half-Orc Cleric/Ranger for the Faspaw of Baervan and Talon of Malar kits respectively.

Some kits are intentionally banned from some races. On the second post of this thread you'll be able to find which deity accepts which races.
    @Raduziel, I really like the element spheres from FnP (Air, Earth, Fire, Water) as I get elemental summons (I'm into meat shields being available for clerics). Currently, my only good Human option is Sune (Baervan and Clangidin are demi-human only). Could another deity or two be added that humans can use that is good and has some major elemental sphere access? I feel weird using evil (Auril, Talos, Umerlee) to get a human cleric to have some elemental summons (I like the water sphere in particular).

I don't know a deity in particular, but as you look at things if you cold consider the above that would be great!
    @Necromanx2 This is intended. The idea is to value the druids and show the Demihuman Deities their closer connection to nature.

For the next 3 kits, none of them will receive elemental spheres (I think). Maybe the 1.8 family (to be revealed) will.

In the future I'll release the Elemental Lords (Akadi, Grumbar, Kossuth and Istishia) and the elemental spheres will rule.
    edited June 2018
    @Raduziel, I make a Doomguide of Kelemvor and level him to 10th level. I tried to summon the Minor Death. I cast the spell, but nothing is summoned.

EDIT: In BG2EE. Started new game with 1.7.7

@Raduziel, I make a Doomguide of Kelemvor and level him to 10th level. I tried to summon the Minor Death. I cast the spell, but nothing is summoned.

EDIT: In BG2EE. Started new game with 1.7.7

Working on it, I think I know what the problem is.
    edited June 2018
    @Necromanx2 Fixed on Github.

I forgot to change an info on the .spl file (I used the same from Myrkul, but as it is not installed on BG the .spl had no reference).

1) Extract the RAKele3.zip file on the DeitiesofFaerun/Spl inside the Baldur's Gate 2 folder

2) Extract the Kelemvor-Kit.zip file on the DeitiesofFaerun/Spl inside the Baldur's Gate 2 folder

3) Reinstall the Kelemvor component

The first file fixes the Minor Death issue. The second file is a fix to allow this keep to be seen by Kjeron's dual-class-into-kits.

Both files are on the Github correcting the previous one.
    Is the main page download updated?
    edited June 2018

Is the main page download updated?

Yup! All the files are there since your report my reply.
    It works.

Another question. Doomguide of Kelemvor can't use shields, but he can select sword and shield. Is it pssoible to remove that option so people doen't make a mistake and pick a pip they will never be able to use?

It works.

Another question. Doomguide of Kelemvor can't use shields, but he can select sword and shield. Is it pssoible to remove that option so people doen't make a mistake and pick a pip they will never be able to use?

I need to stop modding sleepy. I usually do that, Kelemvor passed me by.

Fixed on Github.
    edited June 2018
    Version 1.7.8 is up and it contains:

- The aforementioned fixes and improvements for Myrkul and Kelemvor

- A new kit: Doomscribe of Jergal.

Had to make some alterings of Jergal, otherwise, he would be way too much overpower. As Myrkul and Kelemvor, some of his powers can't be translated properly to the IE, so I did my best to represent them.

My initial plan was to focus on Faiths and Avatars, but as I had made Kelemvor and Myrkul I decided to tackle Powers and Pantheons.

As a Demipower, Jergal receives 3 minor spheres instead of 4. This will be true for every Demipower I implement.

Three new kits to go before closing the "1.7 family", all of them Demipowers from Powers and Pantheons. And all of them closely related to already released deities!

Hope you guys enjoy it.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    edited June 2018
    @Raduziel, installed 1.7.8 on BGEE and got an error with Jergal.

ERROR: error loading [DeitiesOfFaerun/Itm/HolySymbols/BAM/JERGS.bam]
    edited June 2018
    @Necromanx2 Inside this same folder you can rename the files

JERGAL.bam and JERGAS.bam to JERGL.bam and JERGS.bam, respectively.

Made the altering on the Github based on your report.

After the conclusion of v1.7, I'll take a break from releasing stuff because doing so in a worry is making me commit a lot of small mistakes like this (the file was corrected on my PC, but I forgot to alter it on Github).
    edited June 2018
    @Raduziel, one more thing. Jergal can only use bludgeoning weapons (and that is the only PIPs I can pick), yet I can equip bows, crossbows, bolts, and arrows. Is this correct?

@Raduziel, one more thing. Jergal can only use bludgeoning weapons (and that is the only PIPs I can pick), yet I can equip bows, crossbows, bolts, and arrows. Is this correct?

F*ck, one second.

(I used Kelemvor as a base, this is a stupid leftover)