Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    OK. I will see. I thought FnP added them, but I could be wrong.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited June 2018

OK. I will see. I thought FnP added them, but I could be wrong.

@Necromanx2

If the spells are indeed there, try installing Velsharoon after FnP (as its code needs to read the spells FnP added).
    Version 1.8.0 is up on Github and it contains:

Luckbringer of Tymora

I'm planning an aesthetical surprise for version 1.8.1

Stay tuned!
    Seems FnP does not add the spells. I installed the cleric spells from IWDification and now they are there. Having a bad night! Thanks for all your patience!!
    Version 1.8.1 is up on Github and it contains a new component: Kit Colors!

Installing this component will make the game use the character's colors for non-magical armors, shields, and helmets.

DoF uses the kit's colors accordingly to what is displayed on Faiths & Avatars, Demihuman Deities, and Powers & Pantheons.

All the kit's colors were reviewed, so to fully enjoy this component I strongly recommend that DoF be fully reinstalled.

The colors' changes will only appear in a new game.
    edited June 2018
    @Raduziel, I just went to load 1.8.1 and I am getting an error with Ilmator.

[DeitiesOfFaerun/Components/Ilmater-KitFC.tpa] LEXER ERROR at line 41 column 1-28
    Near Text: \
    invalid character [\]
    HINT: Don't use MS Word to edit your .tp2 files - use ConTEXT (http://www.context.cx instead).

[DeitiesOfFaerun/Components/Ilmater-KitFC.tpa] ERROR at line 41 column 1-28
    Near Text: \
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [DeitiesOfFaerun/Components/Ilmater-KitFC.tpa]: Parsing.Parse_error
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Install kit: Painbearer of Ilmater], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/14/OTHER.14]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/14/OTHER.14")
    [DeitiesOfFaerun/Backup/14/UNSETSTR.14] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 656 files for [DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2] component 14.

EDIT: This for BG2EE v2.3.
    @Necromanx2 Not an error on your end, it was just a typo. I've edited 80 kits yesterday and a ~ passed me by.

I've updated the Github folder, but you can extract the attached file in your GameFolder/DeitiesofFarerun/Components and overwrite the previous file.

This way you won't have to make the whole download again.

Thanks.
    Works! Thank you for all your efforts!
    edited June 2018
    I just tried to dual-class a thief over to a Shadow Adept. My stats were St- 11, Dx- 15, Cn- 12, In-18, Ws- 17, Ch- 17. The only dual-class options shown were Cleric and Mage. No kits showed at all.

EDIT: Oops, wrong place.
    edited June 2018
    @Necromanx2 LOL

---

version 1.8.2 is up and it contains:

* A new NPC joining our happy family! @LavaDelVortel 's Yvette can now be turned into a DoF-Heartwarder of Sune (if installed as a pure-class cleric).

* A little change in Sune's code allowing it to use shortbows.

* Better coding for the tp2 to prevent false positives about the availability of components during the installing process (no more Dusky option appearing on BG2 or Galvin option appearing on IWD!).

---

You better hold tight to a lucky charm for version 1.8.3, because Beshaba is coming!

And maybe she'll bring another NPC with her (under negotiation with the mod's author).
    Hi @Raduziel, this is Great!

I was playing with Myrkul a bit to try the Minor Death. Here is my observations and then I will provide an opinion.

1) I only summon for harder fights.
    2) His lack of magic resistance is noticeable.

For example, the durgar mage can connect with magic missile and spells that have none elemental damage and the radiant miphit put him to sleep in Irenicus dungeon)

3) He has no damage reduction against any melee damage types like the skeletal warrior has.

So looking at this and then imagining lich battles (where I use skeletal warriors to absorb the spells) where the horrid wilting alone would kill the Minor Death (and there are lots of magic missiles, flame arrors that have both fire and piercing damage, meteor swarm that includes crushing).

I feel a straight skeletal warrior is superior as the spell resistance covers much more magic types and the damage reduction is icing on its cake compared to the Minor Death.

Just my opinion after trying a bit. Note that the being sleeped in Irenicus dungeon really aggravated me about the Minor Death.
    @Necromanx2

The Minor Death being put to sleep is a problem, as it should be immune to it. I made it immune to Enchantment school, but I forgot things like Color Spray. A lazy person does twice the work, my father says. I'll work on it.

As for the raw firepower, be aware that it can be summoned at level 10. The strongest skeleton warrior only comes at level 15. It's a 1.125.000 XP difference between these levels.

The Minor Death is better than the Skeleton Warrior until you get the one from 15th level.

Check this out to see the skeleton's stats.

Also, the Minor Death is immune to Turn Undead, what can be a nice tactic when using Undead Ward.

And don't forget that Kelemvor and Myrkul both can also summon Skeleton Warriors.

I appreciate your feedback, but for now I'll leave it as it is (except for the Sleep thing, that is indeed a bug).
    edited June 2018
    As always, thanks for your consideration!

EDIT: I like what you did with the coloring of worn items matching the colors of the character!
    Version 1.8.3 is up and it contains:

Another NPC joining the family!

@Jackkel_Dragon was kind enough to let me apply DoF's version of the Doomguide of Kelemvor on Heldarine!

Some improvements were made to the Minor Death. Now it should receive its immunities accordingly - pretty much nothing but Maze/Imprisonment should affect it when it comes to stats effects.

I was going to release Beshaba today, but I need to make some arrangements first; pretty much everything is ready except for the BAM files for the spells - I'm struggling to find something good for them.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,739
    edited June 2018
    So that @Raduziel could continue to update information about his pack, as he was having problems with space in existing comments, I have moved 2 comments by @Necromanx2 after the OP to the holding area so that the first few posts in this thread are by @Raduziel - this way he can edit them and continue the OP into the following posts.

The contents of those 2 moved comments (just in case):

Necromanx2
    February 23
    It seems on average that these kits have 25-33% less sphere access then FnP. Is this really what ADnD 2nd addition spheres looked like (would need to dig up my old book to confirm)?

Necromanx2
    February 23

OK. Is there a way to get this to replace FnP priests of the same names? I ask because if I use this mod, I lose the ranger, paladin, and druid kits that FnP provides.

I think Subtledoctor said there is a way to turn off installing some kits in FnP. If I turn priests off can I install all the other kits?

edited June 2018
    Thanks, @JuliusBorisov !

Thanks, @Necromanx2 !
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    I gave up on finding better BAMs for Beshaba and I'm releasing it.

I'm still keeping the 1.8.3 version number.

Enjoy.
    edited June 2018
    @Raduziel, I have an observation I wanted to share with you.

I started a BG2EE game as an Icevassel of Auril. I then used EEKeeper and changed my alignment to neutral. I went to the Temple district and had Gaul give his speech. The storm priest comes and tells me to visit the temple of Talos (expecting this since DoF assigns this by kit). I go to the temple and get the Lidless Eye quest. I notice the other priest (that provides Sir Sarles quest) is not present. So I go to the temple of Helm and sure enough the second priest is there and gives me Sir Sarles quest.

I know I brought this on myself, but I wanted to share as I was amused by this.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    edited June 2018

@Raduziel, I have an observation I wanted to share with you.

I started a BG2EE game as an Icevassel of Auril. I then used EEKeeper and changed my alignment to neutral. I went to the Tempe district and had Gaul give his speak. The storm priest comes and tells me to visit the temple of Talos (expecting this since DoF assigns this by kit). I go to the temple and get the Lidless Eye quest. I notice the other priest (that provides Sir Sarles quest) is not present. So I go to the temple of Helm and sure enough the second priest is there and gives me Sir Sarles quest.

I know I brought this on myself, but I wanted to share as I was amused by this.

@Necromanx2

DoF's component for strongholds checks for kits, not alignments. So changing it will have zero impact (as it didn't when you altered and the Stormlord appeared normally).

IIRC, the priest that provides Sir Sarles quest is always a Helmite, no matter your alignment or through who you did the Eyeless quest or the cleric stronghold questline.

That being told I don't think that this is an issue. I'll run a test in a modless install and see how the quest behaves.
    I always had both priests at the same temple. This is a first where they are split. My Myrkul kit that I kept NE has them both in Talos temple.
    edited June 2018

I always had both priests at the same temple. This is a first where they are split. My Myrkul kit that I kept NE has them both in Talos temple.

Maybe the spawn script for the creature is related to alignment.

DoF read your kit and sent you to Talos: expected behavior

Game read your alignment and spawned the priest in Helm's temple: expected behavior.

I'll take a closer look at this anyway, as I'm working with just a theory ATM.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    edited June 2018
    Version 1.8.4 is up and it contains:

- A fix for an unlikely but possible conflict with FnP.

- A change in the game behave: it is no longer possible to make a single-class kitless Cleric.

I've postponed this moment as much as I could, but now DoF will be on hold until further notice.

My daughter is about to born, I have a lot of things to study and I'll take this time to take a break on producing content and focus on some coding improvements - if everything happens as expected, DoF will return with a huge change. If not it will return with new kits only.

I'll keep supporting this mod for reported bugs and issues.

IDK when (or if) the huge change will happen, but you guys can expect new content starting on September. If I have the time I'll try to release something in the meantime - probably close the 1.8 branch (Hoar, Valkur, Shaundakul, Solonor Thelandira, Marthammor Duin and Deneir).

This project is definitely not dead. It involves several phases and with Beshaba I've just reached 35% of phase one.

Peace.
    Raduziel, best of luck with the new family addition! My first child was born within one month of the original BG release in 1997. Enjoy the family as time flies!
  • VanhardiskVanhardisk Member Posts: 40
    Hi. I don't know if this has been adressed previowsly but I'm having a bit of trouble with my cleric kit.
    I'm playing cleric/mage and chose the Mystra kit. However, at reaching cleric level 5 I didn't get Dispel Magic but Greater Command, something I see clerics of Torm get. Any idea why?
    Hi @Vanhardisk

This was not addressed before. Thanks for reporting.

At the moment, to be honest, I have no idea of whats happening. Mystra's .2da and .tpa files are ok and I wasn't able to reproduce this issue.

Unfortunately, I'll not be able to address this issue today, but I'll need intel to tackle it tomorrow. Can you please provide the following:

* Weidu.log

* SETUP-DEITIESOFFAERUN.DEBUG

* RAMYSTCM.2DA (inside your game's override folder)

* RAMYST1.spl (inside your game's override folder)

What I'm trying to see:

1) If there is any other mod that alters Dispel Magic

2) If something weird happened during install.

3) If any mismatch happened when copying this file, altering the spells you are gaining.

4) If any mismatch happened to turn the wrong spell into Mystra's Dispel Magic.

Also, what is your game (IWD, BG, BG2?), platform (Android, OS, Windows?) and which version of the game you're using (you can get this info at the starting screen of every game).

In the meantime, try uninstalling and reinstalling the mod. Sometimes Weidu does crazy things and some mismatches happen - I got myself a Talon of Malar with the looks of an Icevassal of Auril once.

To get everything covered, redownload the mod from Github and use this new version when reinstalling.

Probably it should fix. If you're using FnP's sphere system with DoF, don't forget to follow the walkthrough I provided on the first post of this thread (and also in the Readme).

Thanks. Let me know the results.
    I know it is off-topic, but the following picture is somehow related to DoF.

Viewer discretion is advised.

edited June 2018
    Congratulations!! Beautiful child!

Let the lack of sleep begin.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Congratulations!
  • VanhardiskVanhardisk Member Posts: 40
    Hello, I'm back with some answers.
    First of all, congratulations for your baby, she? looks adorable.
    Second: I've been able to root the problem with my cleric of mystra. Turns out it works well with BGEE and BG2EE but the issue comes with BGEET. However I was able to delevel and relevel the cleric and the problem was solved. Apparently another mod was messing with it. Couldn't clarify which one, but the problem was on my side. Thanks a lot though for taking your time to deal with this and being insightful about it :v
    I always like when a problem solves itself :)