Skip to content

Introducing the NWN:EE Development branch

Comments

• CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    edited March 2020
    Always glad to see a new patch.
    Looking for those 30% frame rate increases what I found while
    testing on the Tyrants of the Moonsea opening areas:

On my macbook air (early 2015) with 8g ram, with minimum graphics options settings at a resolution of 1920x1080 (on external monitor) frame rates of 10 - 20. With max settings and the same resolution frame rates of 8-15.

On my PC with cpu (Ryzen 3 1300X), 8g ram and an old EVGA GTS 450 1g ddr5 vid card, at res 1920x1080 , same areas max settings fps 20-33.

Does that look about right to what I should be expecting? Are there some other tweaks I should know about besides just reducing the resolution?

PS:
    After more experimenting, this time with the 8193.8 patch, I found that on the PC at least I can get the FPS up to the 55-60 range by turning off Ambient Occlusion and Depth of Field but leaving everything else maxed out (same resolution and in the same areas of that module).
    Post edited by Calgacus on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Logidoggy wrote: »
    Is anyone else experiencing issues with the 8193.7 update causing them to drop party in Persistent World when they transition to new areas?

Please report such issues at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals so that they could be tracked and investigated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2020
    @JuliusBorisov - can you tell me if the changes to TNO Castle Rural are just in the .SET file and the .WOK files or do they also include changes to the .MDL files?

I use a lot of reworked and custom tiles for that tileset and I'm just trying to get a handle on what tweaks I may need to make, if any.
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    @Pstemarie The full set of file changes for the tileset fixes is here:

https://gist.github.com/niv/04bd09f0ab91b017d2865b3c71e697a1

Please keep in mind that we'll be doing more changes/patches there in the future.
  • niv wrote: »
    @Pstemarie The full set of file changes for the tileset fixes is here:

https://gist.github.com/niv/04bd09f0ab91b017d2865b3c71e697a1

Please keep in mind that we'll be doing more changes/patches there in the future.

Thanks, Niv. That's a lot of fixes. Thank-you so much for taking care of whatever it is you've taken care of. I'll hold off on my tileset stuff until later down the road.
    edited March 2020
    @niv and @JuliusBorisov , that new Door Cap featured added to TNI01 City Interior 2 breaks the Smithy 2x2 group.

8j1h42eqfocu.jpg

I've submitted a bug report. I tried fixing it myself, but my fix to the SET file disables your Door Cap. The issue is caused by both groups sharing the same tile (#299). Your Door Cap will probably have to use a new tile that is a duplicate of #299, but uses a different number.

EDIT: I tried adding a new [TILE=] parameter that points to the same model number and changing the Door Cap Group [Tile0=] parameter to point to the new TILE. That fixed the Smithy Group, but now the Door Cap paints the Smithy Group. I even tried pointing the ITP entry for the Smithy to a different tile in the group - no change.

Thus, the only solution is to duplicate the model and make it into a new tile.
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    Thanks, passed it on!
  • horredtheplaguehorredtheplague Member, Developer Posts: 186
    Thanks for bringing it to my attention! I hadn't run into the issue but I'll get it fixed properly for next patch (i.e. w a new tile and an ITP/SET correction)
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for bringing it to my attention! I hadn't run into the issue but I'll get it fixed properly for next patch (i.e. w a new tile and an ITP/SET correction)

@horredtheplague

NWNS-1323 is the Bug Report. In the very last comment, you'll find all the stuff you need (new mdl and wok and updated itp, set files).

P.S. I'm thinking if you did the same thing for the other Door Caps, those tilesets will probably have the same issues.
    qbw9cz7dx2bw.png

All set and fixed for next build. Thanks for posting files, but I already had it taken care of by the time I saw your post. No worries on the other sets, only TNI02 also needed this and its tile is already unique.
  • LogidoggyLogidoggy Member Posts: 2
    Absolutely fantastic update. Thank you for fixing the regressions in the previous one and adding even more goodies - I LOVE the alphabetized spellbook and walkmesh improvements!
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited March 2020
    @horredtheplague Holy Diver! I didn't know Ronnie James Dio is a developer at Beamdog. :lol:
    Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
  • @horredtheplague Not so fast, mate :smiley:

That DoorCap tile in TNI01 still has issues - you either forgot to create the hole-blocker mesh on the back of the door frame or its not set to render.

5cjd89shj4ae.jpg
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @Pstemarie It's not the same tile, so we have to hunt down which tile it is now. Please post the tile names if you're able (it shows in bottom left of toolset w/ area open).
    Actually, this is not a problem with my door cap tile. This is a problem with settings on all the door tiles, I discovered. The door tiles have the blocker mesh in their meshes, but it's set to be Fadable. This causes the problem you're seeing. So, instead of fixing dozens of tiles when it only shows w/ the Cap tile, I fixed it from the door cap tile. I added a blocker mesh to the cap and made sure it is NOT set to Fadable like the others.

So here is the shop room pictured above (tni01_m01_01), w/ the patch:
    gpendxktwl7i.png
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    @JuliusBorisov
    Can I get a list of the updated .2da on the latest stable? This is so I can update compatibility with my base.
    I know
    baseitems.2da
    classes.2da
    ruleset.2da

Let me know if there are others. Thanks.
    ShadowM wrote: »
    @JuliusBorisov
    Can I get a list of the updated .2da on the latest stable? This is so I can update compatibility with my base.
    I know
    baseitems.2da
    classes.2da
    ruleset.2da

Let me know if there are others. Thanks.

These are the 2das extracted from the keybif.
  • Pstemarie wrote: »
    @horredtheplague Not so fast, mate :smiley:

That DoorCap tile in TNI01 still has issues - you either forgot to create the hole-blocker mesh on the back of the door frame or its not set to render.

5cjd89shj4ae.jpg

@horredtheplague - this issue is still present in the latest STABLE release. I fixed it by changing tile tni01_m01_01.mdl. In that model is a mesh named "Line326" whose Fading Tile Properties is set to "Neighbor." I changed that parameter to "Fadeable" and the gap is now covered over as it should be.

It has been my experience with meshes that use "Neighbor" as the Fading Tile Property that they do NOT work as one might expect.

P.S. I checked the "BlockerCap" model supplied with the current STABLE's assets and there is no additional mesh added over the door frame. Makes me think someone forgot to add the updated model you did.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited May 2020
    Great but over 4 hours after you posted that @JuliusBorisov it is still not available to download here in the UK on BD's own launcher.

TR
    Post edited by TarotRedhand on
    Great but over 4 hours after you posted that @JuliusBorisov it is still not available to download here in the UK on BD's own launcher.

TR

This is a known issue with the Beamdog Client, we're trying to resolve it.
    edited May 2020
    Now over 21 hours after it went live for steam users but still not for BD client. In just a few more hours and it will be the weekend, then it will be no patch until Monday at the earliest.

TR
    Now over 21 hours after it went live for steam users but still not for BD client. In just a few more hours and it will be the weekend, then it will be no patch until Monday at the earliest.

TR

We're experiencing difficulties with the Beamdog Client upload. The programmers have been working on it for 2 days already.
  • VivienneLVivienneL Member Posts: 52
    Beamdog Client is not working at all in Ubuntu 20.04:

error while loading shared libraries: libgconf-2.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

installing said library doesn't help because then it throws another error:

(beamdogClient:13323): Pango-ERROR **: 17:37:17.047: Harfbuzz version too old (1.2.7)
    Thanks for getting the patch onto the BD client. Given the difficulties in doing so, are we liable to see a new version of the client soon?

TR
    That would require new hirings, which is unknown at the moment. The beta patch came to the Beamdog client late yesterday.
  • VivienneLVivienneL Member Posts: 52
    edited August 2021
    That would require new hirings, which is unknown at the moment. The beta patch came to the Beamdog client late yesterday.
    How about making the game downloadable from the web and forgoing the client altogether?

UPDATE: I got the Beamdog client working a while ago (following directions from here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1146371#Comment_1146371) on Ubuntu 20.04 by finding the older files that the client complains about needing. Place the Beamdog client into its own folder and unzip the following files into the same folder: Beamdog client should start up.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GsKEXPgSoB0AWuLSuCX5J5nHt94ZyHOa/view?usp=sharing

Post edited by VivienneL on