edited March 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by agarik on
  • agarikagarik Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by agarik on
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    You can use Draw upon Holy Might to get to STR 19 for the box, assuming you didn't get the even bhaalspawn powers.

You're also gimping yourself horribly by not using boots, helms, and shields: potions and summons, rings and amulets are painful enough to lose without those 3 additional slots as well. It's not quite fair to judge a class harshly when you're restricting yourself further than the class actually does.
    edited March 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by agarik on
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,432
    agarik said:

But face it: the sole working strategy against Sharevok himself is to bury 'im under meatshield and shoot the crap out of 'im. And Wizard Slayer LACKS this one-and-only solution (aside mobbing him with a party, where half your team end up dead of course).

I won't repeat myself on the subject of the WS and use of armor. In relation to Sarevok though you've already referred to the use of traps. You don't need to resort to that level of cheese though - he's easy to kill using missile weapons as he has no ranged ability. WS can use dispelling arrows, so you don't even need to use the boots of speed to kite him if you object to them.
    edited March 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by agarik on
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    ... @Grond0 solo no-reloaded a WS, the only one to date. You CAN get a speed advantage on Sarevok, using an Arrow of Dispelling, as it removes Sarevok's movement speed advantage. Boots of speed then guarantee a win.

Wands can't be used by anything other than mages, sorcerers and bards, so that's not even a real negative. In BG2, you'll be losing out on the Reflex, the Shield of Harmony, Balduran's Shield, and... that's it. The Reflex is hugely important to warrior solos, so... good luck, I guess?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,432
    agarik said:

Seriously, sometimes you should play the game.

If I'd played any more over the years I doubt if I'd still have a job, or a family ;).

I quite often post in threads when I see incorrect or misleading information because I'm conscious that the thread is not solely interesting to or the property of the originator - even years later when someone is Googling for information they can easily be pointed to a thread like this one. I get the impression though that you don't appreciate this type of post, so will aim to avoid doing that in your threads in future.
    edited March 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by agarik on
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    agarik said:

You just got #FactChecked
    Seriously, sometimes you should play the game.

Bear in mind that disrespectful behavior is against the Site Rules, which you agree to follow by using this forum. Breaking the Site Rules can lead to reduced posting privileges and potentially a ban.

Asserting superiority over another forumite or denigrating their knowledge or skill of the game might be common on other forums, but it doesn't fly here. Everyone is considered equal on the Beamdog forums.

For the record, @Grond0 has indeed completed a solo Wizard Slayer run of BG1, BG2, and ToB, without reloads or the use of healing potions. His run is mentioned in the Hall of Heroes here. His run has been salvaged from the now-defunct Bioware forums, and is documented in 14 parts, beginning here and ending here. The run was completed as of April 2014.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,743
    agarik said:

See? Your post is not constructive, but destructive. Instead of supplying with what's missing, and recognising what's there you resort to bashing an obviously true, although gappy argument.

Want to be constructive? Don't show us how other classes are good for the situation. Show instead how to improve Wizard Slayer.
    But please, don't resort to abusing bugs.

Please, if you want to post on this forum, don't use that tone in your comments.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    I get the feeling I know who you are...

Please, if you want to post on this forum, don't use that tone in your comments.

Oh, this is a forum for trolls and cheaters?
    Fine, I'm deleting my stuff.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,743
    The moderating team has discovered that @agarik is the same person as @twillight, who was already banned from the forum. Duplicate accounts are against the Site Rules.

Thread closed.
This discussion has been closed.