Skip to content

semiOverhaul for IWD2 (UPDATE!)

12346»

Comments

• AudacesAudaces Member Posts: 57
    Can install all the components *except* for class rebalancing - the error reads: ERROR: Failure("SET_STRING out of range". Any idea if there's a workaround? It's a fresh install, no other mods installed yet apart from this one.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Audaces: I uploaded a fix last night. Try re-downloading it and installing it again.
  • ProfErrataProfErrata Member Posts: 36
    Sorry to repeat it, but a new version will be released soon ?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    There will be a new release, but it will take time. The new version has much more complex edits than I've had to deal with in the past; a lot of it involves complicated scripting issues.
  • KilgorKilgor Member Posts: 9
    I tried playing with the latest version on https://github.com/RedChimera/semiOverhaul-v1.32, but the version randomly crashes.
    It's so unfortunate since i love all the changes, you've made since version 1.31 and that version was crashfree.

PS: Sorry if this is considering necroing a thread.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    semiticgod has taken a step back from online for awhile to focus on other things. You might be waiting awhile to get a response. It might be best to roll back to a previous version.
  • 06october202106october2021 Member Posts: 1
    Sorry for necroposting, just wanted to say that I really like this mod, but... fighter's weapon specialization buff is too much, it simply "breaks" game and turns it into easy mode. +5 to damage and tohit? Seriously? Available feat for simply having 4 levels of fighter? It means that no matter what character you're building - he/she MUST have 4 levels of fighter just to be able to shoot bow with insane accuracy and insane damage. Now imagine 6 guys with bows with rapid fire feat who simply delete any unit that enters their field of view. Once they reach 5th level they can either start developing their REAL class, in other words multiclass into wizard, sorcerer, cleric, whatever, or you can continue fighter, although I see no reason to level fighter beyond 4th, yeah, sure you also made it get +1 damage each 5th fighter level, but you'll get much more from multiclassing instead.

The problem is that fighter becomes incredible powerful at level 4 (you'll start dealing more than twice damage with bows, for example 3.5 average vs 8.5 average). I think weapon specialization should be either be nerfed and fighter's damage boost from its level boosted or may be add more ranks to weapon feats which will require 8th, 12th, 16th and 20th fighter levels each further boosting damage and tohit little by little. Currently I have party of 6 fighters each having 4 levels in fighter and multiclassed on 5th level and every fight is so trivial: I simply click on a creature - and it dies.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    @06october2021

IWD2EE, which builds on the semiOverhaul mod, powers up most enemies in the game to make up for the buffs to player classes.