Belgium - Panama: 3-0
    Tunisia - England: 1-1

Tuesday:

Colombia - Japan: 2-1
    Poland - Senegal: 2-1
    Russia - Egypt: 1-1
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    I just watched the Brazil game, in Brazil, with a Brazilian family... Was a bizarre experience for me (English guy)... The two boys aged around 10 weren't very interested and kept running in front of the TV, the dad joked that he was routing for Switzerland... Funny, except he maintained the joke for the full 97 minutes. The mum was watching intently and cheering her team on.

Tomorrow, I'll don my England shirt and find a local bar :p
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovSkatan
    edited June 2018

Predictions for Monday and Tuesday:

Monday:

Sweden - Rep. Korea: 1-1
    Belgium - Panama: 3-0
    Tunisia - England: 1-1

Tuesday:

1-1 England Tunisia :# ... :'( I hope not

Other predictions look good, except Russia Egypt, I think will be 3-0 without Mo Salah, 3-2 with
    Montresor_SPJuliusBorisov
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Monday:

Sweden - Rep. Korea: 1-0
    Belgium - Panama: 5-0
    Tunisia - England: 1-3

Tuesday:

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited June 2018
    Monday:

Sweden - Rep. Korea: 1-0
    Belgium - Panama: 2-0
    Tunisia - England: 1-2

Tuesday:

Russia - Egypt: 1-2
    Post edited by FinneousPJ on
    Also, WTF Germany???

Brazil was unlucky but Germany was shite. They had better get their act together.
    Montresor_SP
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited June 2018

Also, WTF Germany???

Brazil was unlucky but Germany was shite. They had better get their act together.

It's often been like that with the German team: They bicker and fight in the training camp, play like crap, and end up in the final anyway. :wink:

More seriously: The German team looked a bit rusty, maybe some of the players are getting a bit old?
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
    They're not that old. Only Neuer Khedira and Gomez are over 30. On paper the squad should be in top form in terms of experience versus physical ability.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    edited June 2018
    Predictions for Monday and Tuesday (I still have a few matches to catch up to, so haven't read comments from this page)

Monday:

Sweden - Rep. Korea: 2-1
    Belgium - Panama: 2-0
    Tunisia - England: 0-1

Tuesday:

Colombia - Japan: 1-0
    Russia - Egypt: 0-1
    StummvonBordwehr

Predictions for Monday and Tuesday:

Monday:

Sweden - Rep. Korea: 1-1

Come on Korea! :cold_sweat:
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    edited June 2018
    Wow. Just wow. Have watched Germany and Brazil finally.

Sooooo. Argentina with all their attack have only got a draw. Brazil have got a draw. What happened to the Spain's GK? France barely won against Australia, thanks to the VAR. What's even happening with Germany? Uruguay have managed to beat Egypt only at the very end. Is it possible by human standarts for Ronaldo to fight that way in all matches?

So far, no easy games, except for the opening match.

And no big favorites, if we judge by the playing process.

I've been impressed by Spain and Portugal. Hope that Germany will do a Spain from 2010 (Spain lost against Switzerland there in the 1st match and then completed the tournament as a champion).

Also, we have a few leaders in our prediction game:

Montresor_SPFinneousPJCahir
    @JuliusBorisov Can I request that the boards implement a Dislike button for the standings right now. :wink:
    FinneousPJJuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    It's funny everyone predicts 2:1 in Poland vs. Senegal match.i wouldn't mind.
    European teams are usually a pretty good bet to win by 1 goal ;)
    Dammit Lukaku
    JuliusBorisovMontresor_SP
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,338
    edited June 2018

@JuliusBorisov Can I request that the boards implement a Dislike button for the standings right now. :wink:

Not to worry Montresor. At least you nailed the Belgium - Panama match. I forgot my prediction for that one ....

I am still missing the Russia vs Egypt for tomorrrow. My guess is 2:1 homewin.

And adding the rest of the round:

Portugal vs. Morocco: 3-1
    Uruguay vs. Saudi Arabia: 3-0
    Iran vs. Spain: 0-2
    Denmark vs. Australia: 1-0
    France vs. Peru: 0-0
    Argentina vs. Croatia: 0-0
    Brazil vs. Cost Rica: 1-0
    Nigeria vs. Iceland: 1-1
    Serbia vs. Switzerland: 2-1
    Belgium vs. Tunisia: 2-0
    South Korea vs. Mexico: 0-1
    Germany vs. Sweden: 1-0
    England vs. Panama: 2-0
    Japan vs. Senegal: 1-1
    Poland vs. Colombia: 2-2
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    Ok, time for my predictions for the second series of matches.

Russia vs. Egypt: 1-1
    Portugal vs. Morocco: 2-0
    Uruguay vs. Saudi Arabia: 2-0
    Iran vs. Spain: 0-2
    Denmark vs. Australia: 1-1
    France vs. Peru: 1-0
    Argentina vs. Croatia: 1-1
    Brazil vs. Cost Rica: 3-1
    Nigeria vs. Iceland: 0-1
    Serbia vs. Switzerland: 1-2
    Belgium vs. Tunisia: 2-0
    South Korea vs. Mexico: 0-2
    Germany vs. Sweden: 1-1
    England vs. Panama: 2-0
    Japan vs. Senegal: 1-2
    Poland vs. Colombia: 1-0
    JuliusBorisov
    Man the England fans are singing non-stop I love it
    JuliusBorisovfluke13
    Yes Harry Kane!!!
    Montresor_SP
    I changed my Russia prediction for tomorrow. Looks like Mo Salah is not playing.
    StummvonBordwehrMontresor_SP
    England hazarr!! Never in doubt :p For those who predicted a win, your faith has been rewarded <3
    FinneousPJMontresor_SP

Dammit Lukaku

Yes Lukaku!

Yes Harry Kane!!!

Dammit Harry Kane!!

:grin:
    FinneousPJJuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
    @JuliusBorisov Well, it's the last game of tomorrow so I will be home from work to change my predictions again ;)
    edited June 2018
    Before the Japan match:

I stand by my prediction about Russia - Egypt: 0-1, and I stand by my prediction about Egypt progressing from this group. It might look idiotic in 9 hours from now, but I think Héctor Cúper has built a very tough to beat team. Uruguay with their star players, Suarez and Cavani, could only break Egypt in the end, after playing for a win the whole match. Russia don't have such stars. Moreover, unlike the match against Uruguay, Egypt won't only think about defense. They will want to win this match. This is an additional reason I think Salah will certainly play.

Wednesday

Portugal vs. Morocco: 2-1
    I don't believe Portugal can keep a clean sheet due to the age of their defenders.

Uruguay vs. Saudi Arabia: 4-0
    Saudi Arabia looked bad in their first match, while Uruguay would want to make sure they have a good goal difference.

Iran vs. Spain: 1-3
    Iran is a tough team defensively, but it should be possible for Spain to score. I'm afraid De Gea can let in another unneeded goal.

Thursday

Denmark vs. Australia: 1-0
    Denmark were lucky to win against Peru, but they are stronger than Australia. It will be difficult to score against Schmeichel.

France vs. Peru: 3-1
    Peru would want to score this time. France showed a lot of desire to win in their first match. I still believe they are one of the favorites, and they should play better with each game.

Argentina vs. Croatia: 2-1
    Imagine if Argentina don't win this time as well. They wouldn't want to experience what Germany are feeling right now. Messi will do better this time. Croatia are good, but this match is more about Argentina's ambitions for this tournament.

Friday

Brazil vs. Cost Rica: 1-0
    Brazil greatly disappointed me in the first match. They looked like a group of stars, but not a team. I expected much better from them. Still, I don't believe Cost Rica will pull a Switzerland here.

Nigeria vs. Iceland: 1-1
    This is a difficult match to predict. Can Iceland actually win a match? If Nigeria lose, they are out. I don't want our @Grond0 to be disappointed just yet.

Serbia vs. Switzerland: 0-1
    I believe any team who can score against Brazil and not lose can be a good bet. I stand by my prediction Switzerland will progress from the group.

Saturday

Belgium vs. Tunisia: 2-1
    Panama wasn't a team to test Belgium. Tunisia is tougher, but if England could win against them, Belgium will be able to do so as well.

South Korea vs. Mexico: 1-1
    This is another difficult match to predict. Mexico pulled probably one of the biggest surprises of this tournament, and they will feel very inspired. But if South Korea lose this one, they're out. And in the same time it will mean that either Germany or Sweden are out.

Germany vs. Sweden: 2-2
    So, a moment of truth for this German team. Reddit users think the Germans are done. The press think the team are in a great danger. But Sweden - are they the team to lose against Germany? Because of Sweden we don't have Netherland at the World Cup, we don't have Italy here. A nervious draw will grant chances for both teams. I base my prediction for the draw based on what I've seen in the first match. I voted for Germany to win the World Cup, but how far they are from even qualifying.

Saturday

England vs. Panama: 3-0
    England should do against Panama just fine.

Japan vs. Senegal and Poland vs. Colombia - no predictions yet, as I need to watch the first matches first to be able to judge how these teams can play.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    StummvonBordwehrMontresor_SPGrond0
    Just ten minutes for Polish team first match on the World Cup after 12 years of waiting. Go Poland!
    FinneousPJJuliusBorisovMontresor_SPStummvonBordwehr
    Predictions for the next few days:

Wednesday:

Portugal - Morocco: 2-0 (Morocco is no walkover but Portugal is just stronger)

Uruguay - Saudi Arabia: 2-0 (Uruguay just need the three points, not a ton of goals)

Iran - Spain: 0-3 (Iran were a bit lucky in the first match. They'll need more than a bit of luck against Spain)

Thursday:

Denmark - Australia: 2-1 (Denmark often struggles against British-style teams. But I believe we can win against the Aussies)

France - Peru: 1-1 (France weren't impressive in their first match and Peru were downright unlucky)

Argentina - Croatia: 2-2 (Croatia has better players than Iceland but are not as defensive, but Argentina needs to play faster and more like a team, less like Messi and ten robots)

Friday:

Brazil - Costa Rica: 2-1 (Costa Rica is not as strong as Switzerland but Brazil doesn't seem all that impressive)

Nigeria - Iceland: 0-1 (Nigeria disappointed me a bit, Iceland scores one and keeps a clean sheet in the back)

Serbia - Switzerland: 0-1 (the Swiss are a bit stronger than Serbia)
    JuliusBorisov
    It looks like we all got the group H wrong... Both Japan and Senegal created surprises. I feel bad for @Cahir . :(
    Montresor_SP
    Yeah, the worst part is that Senegal didn't even play particularly great game. It were the stupid individual mistakes, as usual, that made Poland loose this game. Oh, how I miss Kamil Glik on central defense. I hope he will be ready for Colombia and Japan.