The FIFA World Cup starts on June 14, 2018.
There're 32 teams in the tournament. We'll see 64 matches (48 in group play that is 6 in each of 8 groups + 15 in elimination play, to eliminate 15 out of the 16 remaining + 1 extra for the 3rd place match).Match scheduleMatchesCurrent team rating
So, what team do you think will win? Germany? Brazil? Belgium? Portugal? Argentina? France? Spain? England? Another country?
Notable absentees from the World Cup: Chile, Italy, Netherlands, USA, Wales.
As always, there will be a prediction game for those forum users who are interested in Football or just want to have fun. There will be an open spreadsheet for everyone to see.@booinyoureyes
won the World Cup 2014 prediction game.@FinneousPJ
won the Euro 2016 prediction game.@Pibaro
won the Confederations Cup 2017 prediction game.@bengoshi
(you know that fella, right?) was the winner of match-by-match predictions in 2014.@FinneousPJ
was the winner of match-by-match predictions in 2016.@Montresor_SP
was the winner of match-by-match predictions in 2017.
Anyone interested can post their predictions regarding a champion, a vice-champion and a team winning the 3rd place, as well as group winners. You can also post your predictions for all matches (as they go day by day) before each kick-off.
Everything is optional (you can make those predictions you want, for example, predict only group winners and overall winners).
1) guessing the right outcome = 1 point
2) guessing the right score = 2 points (so that 64 matches potentially can give 128 points)
3) guessing the champion (before the tournament starts) = 30 points
4) guessing the vice-champion (before the tournament starts) = 20 points
5) guessing the 3rd team (before the tournament starts) = 10 points
6) guessing the right team to qualify from the group (before the tournament starts) = 4 points (per team)
7) bonus for the right prediction regarding the 1, 2 and 3 places (their final standings don't matter; before the tournament starts) = 20 points
8) bonus for the right prediction regarding the 1, 2 places (their final standings don't matter; before the tournament starts) = 10 points
For the matches after the group phase:
guessing the right outcome and the right score should be done only regarding normal time (so it can be only this way: team A wins in normal time; team B wins in normal time, a draw in normal time)
Tagging people from previous football-related threads: @Anduin @Argas @Aristillius @Belteshazzar89 @BGLover @Blackraven @booinyoureyes @Dungeonnoob @Cahir @CrevsDaak @elminster @Doubledimas @Grond0 @histamiini @jackjack @Messi @Mhamza @Pecca @Pibaro @Qbert @ronaldo @SpaceInvader @Sparkleav @StummvonBordwehr @TheElf @TStael