Skip to content

[mod] Korgan Friendship

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
Hey, you like dwrves? You may be happy with the latest SHS announcement:

We are happy to announce that Korgan Friendship (NPC IEP) is now available. Even though Korgan may not be the cuddle type, he surely knows how to swing his thing. Axe, that is. All who ever joined that mad dwarf know that already. Now he will also talk to you a bit more. If you buy him a drink, obviously. The mod offers both SoA and ToB talks, but to get most of them, you will need to have more than just drink with that mad berserker!

Mod authors and supporters: Lava Del'Vortel (writer and coder), fluke13 (editor, additional writing), Rhaella (consultation) and Kaeloree (consultation).

The mod should work on both BG2 and BG2EE.

Forum
Download
megamike15ThacoBellRaduzielronaldolnstructorfluke13[Deleted User]ZaghoulCaszidySssiksseilorAKrugBierMirandelStummvonBordwehrAerakarFina92

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    is it a coincidence that i was saying he should be next or was this always the plan?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    Hah, when I was releasing Cernd after finding old talks in a workroom I added few missing talks and then moved on to Korgan. It was planned to be next but I didn't want to spoil the surprise :P I can tell you though, than Jan is not going to be next. I need to sort out some stuff first to decide on my next move. Plus, I have some non-IEP mods to update...

Anyway, enjoy! :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    *yoink*
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited July 2018
    Another friendship mod is now available - good news! One day we will have a friendship mod for all the NPCs :)
    Sssiksseilorfluke13Aerakar
  • AKrugBierAKrugBier Member Posts: 110
    Thank you very much for still adding new life to the game.
    AedanCaszidyAerakar
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Major script-breaking bug: in the .tp2 file the compilation code for the .baf files is mistyped as EXTERND_TOP instead of EXTEND_TOP which causes the script to fall back on the COMPILE command above it, this causes the mod script to override the original script instead of adding to it. This is also the case with Cernd Friendship from what I've found.
    Korgan fixed. Cernd will join in a moment, surely today.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Bug report - for this mod I think? Korgan repeats the same dialogue tree concerning Yaga Shura's heart over and over.
    Correct. Use these console codes:
    • For the heart: C:SetGlobal("L#KorganIEPYagaheart","GLOBAL",2)
    • For Sendai's Enclave (may have similar problem): C:SetGlobal("L#KorganIEPSend","GLOBAL",2)
    Mantis37
    I uploaded a new version at SHS - it has those dialogues fixed.
    Aedan
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    That seems to have worked. Thanks for the speedy reply!
    Sure! Enjoy!
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    This is a great mod! I'm bummed it wasn't out yet when I did my last full playthrough with Korgan. I had a read over the dialogue and it's so delightfully in-character without making the dwarf appear one-dimensional. I always had a soft spot for him, and think he makes for a great friend to a more chaotic Bhaalspawn. He may be an arse, but certainly a jovial one!

Line 1221 in korganj.d could do with a gender check. ;) ("think' with yer tadger")
    LavaDelVortelxiaoleiwen
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Hello, compatibility with eet ?
    edited November 2019
    As far as I know none special things are needed here to make sure it works fine on EET. Maybe @jastey can confirm (there not even a chapter check). If any is needed, someone else may need to take care of EET stuff as I do not use it and I am not going to.

I also think that @fluke13 had some text update in mind. More editing and proofreading, as far as I know.
    Arthas
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Thank you @LavaDelVortel
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    @Isewein Thanks, I love Korgan and put a lot of time into his dialogues - including editing with a Scottish friend and researching old Scottish sayings. A few things need updating, if you spot any more let me know (with spoliers), a couple of items I need to test/update...
    1. A banter is triggered only when he is tired - I tested a sprint to Asylum and this banter was now out of context so needs an update.
    2. Korgan isn't a great traveller, getting him drunk before a voyage should make him happier - this needs more testing.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    I had the dialog that I assume is supposed to trigger after killing Bodhi, instead trigger after talking to the head of the Svirf village after killing the Balor.
    Taggin @Gwendolyne as he's updating IEP mods now and I am unsure if the version online is the most recent one or maybe he's working on some new package. But yeah, that's true, there is a wrong condition in that script. Thanks for spotting it!
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    edited April 2021
    Thanks for reporting.

I will give it a look, but unfortunately, as my update todo list is growing day after day, and since we are only two staff members to manage it (one of them, jastey being also busy with G3 updates), I can't promise to fix it very soon. :/
    But I will do my best. ;)
    Aedan
  • corn-il-khancorn-il-khan Member Posts: 3
    hey, is there anywhere to download this and the other mods you have done with other people that were hosted on SHS like Hexxat friendship and viconia ect.
  • corn-il-khancorn-il-khan Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2023
    hey, is there anywhere to download this and the other mods you have done with other people that were hosted on SHS like Hexxat friendship and viconia ect.

https://github.com/SpellholdStudios
    Post edited by corn-il-khan on