Skip to content

Trap Detection/Recovery/Evasion

13»

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @dunehunter My first guess would be it doesn't like the fact that it's just a .tp2 file with no folder, but I really wouldn't know.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 211
    edited June 2023
    kjeron wrote: »
    It's a simple enough edit if you want to do it yourself. Just change lines 974 & 997 in the .tp2 from:
    Range(LastSeenBy,15)

to
    Range(LastSeenBy,30)

before installing.

Thank you.

For anyone wondering, you have to use notepad++.

I edited the value with "vanilla" notepad only to realize the install couldn't go through due to errors. I would bet the text was messed up by notepad.

Edit: I've also got another feature request: may you add a "trap intuition" component, such as the one added by Magus in Tweaks and Tricks? "Before a trap is "detected" by thief skill, a party member will "sense" it: notice that something's wrong, and possibly take an action based on that. You can choose to use intuition just out of combat, or in combat too".

Post edited by Ulkesh on
  • SaralainSaralain Member Posts: 8
    Thank you for this mod. Honestly such a big QOL improvement. I play a lot of thieves who pride themselves on their ability to find traps, but the slowness of it was getting on my nerves.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Wondering whether it’s possible to combine the fast trap finding with Olvyn’s Epic Thieving mod. I like the idea on a pure thief of the thieving points continuing to have value , but the fast trap finding seems like a truly massive qol improvement.
  • deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 228
    Thank you for this mod, it's absolutly amazing :)
  • lootenantdanlootenantdan Member Posts: 4
    Does this mod no longer work with IWDEE (2.6)?
  • deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 228
    edited March 10
    I've trayified the mod and added the french language. Take the updated version here. engine update: trayification
    Post edited by deratiseur on
    Trap Recovery - Anytime a trap is disarmed, if the thief's Find Traps skill is at least 125% of the removal score then they will recover the trap, which they may then set similar to their own Snares (dependent on the Set Traps skill). All such traps have a proximity radius of 4 ft and require 15 lore to ID (but not to use). Only traps that can be reproduced (cast spells) can be recovered. Traps that cast normal spells will pull their description from the spell itself, but traps that use trap spells have pre-written descriptions, so there may be some inconsistencies if they've been modified.

What happens if I disarm an epic trap from Olvynchuru's mod ? https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/74158/mod-epic-thieving-more-benefits-from-high-thieving-skills/p1
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Ulkesh wrote: »
    Only traps that can be reproduced (cast spells) can be recovered.
    Ulkesh wrote: »
    This is in primarily in reference to:
    • traps that fire off multiple spells - it only grabs the first one. This was just too complicated for me to account for possibilities.
    • traps that are purely script-based, such as creature-spawning or alarms - traps that normally cannot be disarmed or even detected anyway.
    Otherwise, hopefully those traps will get processed like any other, though there will likely be some that cannot be recovered simply because the score required would exceed what the player can achieve. They may end with with a generic "Unknown" trap name/description, if the spell has neither.
    Any of them that utilize the hardcoded Call Lightning projectiles will be nerfed to a single strike, to avoid crashing. If you notice anything similar with it's custom spells/projectiles, I can try to make exceptions for them.
    Thanks a lot for the explanation. I will report weird traps, if I meet any.

By the way, I think it would also be cool for the character shouting TRAP if they have enough skills even if you are not detecting them :P - but I leave that to you.