Skip to content

[MOD] EEex (v0.10.2-alpha)

1424344454648»

Comments

• myEVILmodemyEVILmode Member Posts: 25
    Bubb wrote: »
    Hello @myEVILmode, can you upload your WeiDU.log? (You'll need to zip it for the forum to allow it to be uploaded). Most likely you're using the Experimental LuaJIT component of EEex, which makes the built-in Lua environment a tad more strict on syntax. One of your mods appears to be running into that situation - (or it might just have an error).

Now I noticed in the log that I accidentally installed additional DRAGONSPEAR UI++ :open_mouth:
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,001
    edited March 8
    v0.10.1-alpha:
    • For Modders
      • Added:
        • 2DA:
          • X-CLSERG.2DA: Allows kits to ignore the close-range thac0 penality based on weapon ITEMCAT.IDS type – (Thanks @_Luke_!)
    v0.10.1.1-alpha:
    • For Modders
      • Added:
        • Lua:
          • EEex_Menu_AddWindowSizeChangedListener(listener)listener(newWidth, newHeight) is called whenever the engine changes the window size of the interface.
  • keturiduketuridu Member Posts: 10
    edited March 12
    several latest releases won't start infinityloader in linux with proton compatibility enabled. crashes on start and tells this shouldn't happen, call @Bubb

latest working version i've got is EEex: v0.9.22.1-alpha

uploaded weidus and dump file (don't know what else could do): https://gofile.io/d/M71FLI
    Post edited by keturidu on
    @Zorutar: I've added an EEex module (currently in the devel branch) that changes empty container highlights from cyan to gray.

@keturidu: Proton crashes when the "Experimental - Use LuaJIT" component is installed; not sure why. Try EEex without installing that component.
    edited March 15
    @Bubb i really doubt that. old setup (with less mods) and eeex v0.9.22.1-alpha and clean bg2ee (with proton on Heroic launcher) runs smoothly. latest versions of eeex (with or without LuaJIT) crashes with dump file or i just get black screen and game freeze.

Of course, it's possible that the problem is somewhere in my system, but other games launches, older version of eex launches, original game launches with same system settings (but more mods, if that makes a difference).
    Post edited by keturidu on
    @keturidu: I can't speak to your exact configuration, though from my tests on a clean Linux Mint installation, running InfinityLoader with ProtonCompatibility=1 through Steam without LuaJIT produced a working game. With LuaJIT my game crashed with the same stack traceback as your dmp. Please upload a dmp that's generated without LuaJIT.
    Tested on the same Lutris configuration v0.9 and v0.10. First launched v0.9 install and it works just fine, then swapped game folder to v0.10 install and with the same configuration tried to launch > black window and then crash with dump file message pop up.

https://gofile.io/d/jz6ekA

Thanks for taking your time
    @Bubb sorry for disturbing, but i found the reason, what happened: the problem was not with eeex, but with drunkshaders (dshaders). i just uninstalled this mod from my recent install and everything works. terribly sorry for wasting your time.
    @keturidu: No problem! I actually found a crash bug through Wine if InfinityLoader was started without a console, but I'm waiting to fix that until I do a more comprehensive review of console i/o on Linux.
    v0.10.2-alpha:
      • Added:
        • Empty container module – Highlight empty containers in gray instead of cyan.
      • Fixed:
        • A crash that occurred due to a regression in the Lua Bindings system; affected Enhanced Powergaming Scripts.
    • paladin84paladin84 Member Posts: 53
      Is it possible to stop updating UI with EEex for a time? For instance, there is a function to work with UI that goes throught different UI menus, but eventually goes back to the initial UI menu. While it is working all this UI elements are flickering on the screen. It would be nice to have functionality like "stop_rendering/start_rendering" to run from the function.
    • ZorutarZorutar Member Posts: 16
      edited April 8
      Bubb wrote: »
      v0.10.2-alpha:
        • Added:
          • Empty container module – Highlight empty containers in gray instead of cyan.
        @Bubb This functionality is available via TAB key or another? I tried reinstall EEex today (via Project Infinity mod manager) during my current run and highlighting empty containers funcionality didn't work (see my WeiDU.log). Where could be a problem - mabey I must setup whole game installation from the beginning? If yes, will be possible to use save files from current run to this new game installation?

Thank you for tips and feedback.

EDIT: I re-installed game + used save files from previous one. Highlighting empty containers funcionality works OK.
        Post edited by Zorutar on