Skip to content

Metal heads.

Comments

• xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    @Quartz Megadeths solos are what got me into them I have been listening to them since I was 5. They are what got me into metal in the first place Rust in Peace is one of my all time fav albums and I saw them live for there 20th anniversary tour for that album tis was amazing =)
    @geselle I really liked Bathory im going to have to check them out I love discovering new music, Thank You! =)
    edited December 2012
    OK here is some Brocus Helm from the game =)

Drink the blood of the priest
    http://youtu.be/_YO8qwKVuik

Cry of the Banshee
    http://youtu.be/SO2poJAaE_I

And there is Mirrorthrone =)

So frail
    http://youtu.be/bH_WU7vajJw
    Im sorry for so many comments this is a great thread and I love finding new music we need to keep this thread alive =)
  • Silver_MoonSilver_Moon Member Posts: 72
    Yes, Keep on rocking!
    One of my favorite songs of Emerson Lake and Palmer (Art Rock) - Living Sin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4UGDYfrEDY
    @Silver_Moon not bad =)
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    @xxxsmb1987xxx the album hammerheart is quite famous among metal heads, because it influenced or started a whole metal genre. The oldest albums from Bathory are black metal, for example "under the sign of the black mark" or "The return" and "Blood Fire Death". Later he changed to Viking and Thrash.
    Still love all his work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXxSXyplmRI
  • Ruckus3Ruckus3 Member Posts: 73
    edited December 2012
    this, sorry for making this thread, just delete the thing so these idiots will stop arguing. Seriously, how hard is to just be civil? You wanna be bad? Go throw some punches with somebody, don't sit on a damn website and hide behind a freaking forum name. Once again, sorry for even making a thread. Apparently you can't even discuss music without pole smoking flamers ruining it.
    Edited for profanity, sorry.
    Post edited by Ruckus3 on
  • MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173
    @Ruckus3
    You think this was bad? You should read some of the threads on BG romances - it gets flaming hot very fast... (really) Seriously though, we're back to actual music now, aren't we? Let the recommendations continue :)
    Sorry about that, after about halfway through reading page 3 I posted that. You're right though, my bad. I tend to say (or type) stuff before I think about it.
    @geselle Yea im really starting to like them mainly because of the fact there not really all growly and screaming lol.
    @Moira I saw LadyRhians thread about monks and it didnt take long before I noticed negative comments all over it, Its sad really =(
  • dethbringredethbringre Member Posts: 18
    Dimmu Borgir is pretty awesome.. But I'm into the older stuff pretty heavy as well. Metal Church, Testament, and WARLOCK :)
    @dethbringre Metal Church was great, Testament also great souls of black is still amazing to this day, I havent heard of WARLOCK though do you have any recommended good songs by them?
  • BrightNightBrightNight Member Posts: 36

Megadeth
    Slayer
    Iron Maiden
    Dio
    Ozzy
    Black Sabbath
    Iron Maiden
    Judas Priest
    Metallica (pre Black Album)
    Iced Earth

I could go on for some time lol =)

That list shows your a pure lover of true heavy metal. I would buy you a beer for this.
    I cant help but chuckle reading this thread. Whining about your favourite bands.....its not about what;s 'more' metal or "less metal" you know.

I respect everyone's taste and opinion, since we are all different. As should you all.

But still some things remain a fact' As it is always the same when some people think they can capture the essence of "metal music" within a list of bands consisting of'; Korn, Linkin Park, Limp Biskit and Marilyn Manson kind of stuff. I always feel i have to explain. Most of the time its because they don't know any other bands (metal bands).

Each to its own ofcourse, you can call it nu-metal but please don't call it "heavy metal music" because it simpy isn't. It derives from metal yes, but flirted with pop music, rap music and hiphop, dj's and nowdays even the freaking dance scene. It doesn't mean you can just put a guitar riff in it and call it metal then. Your not a shitty tasteless person for listening to it, but the truth is you cant say its the same.

I can agree if you say you listen and like "heavy music" but i wont if you say your a metalhead while choosing Marilyn Manson over Testament. To me its like someone reading the Koran while not reading the bible... and saying he is christian.

Either way, i can truly enjoy listening to some korn or Rage against the machine, simply because they have lots of influences of my so beloved music genre. I simply say; I'm a metalhead and i listen to metal and other forms of "heavy" music! Let us all just look at it that way....everyone happy.

• jbrownosjbrownos Member Posts: 7
    Ruckus3 said:

Rage Against the Machine (not exactly deathmetal, but de la Roche is beast)

I'm really surprised you mentioned Zach de la Rocha and not Tom Morello. Of the two, I think De la Rocha is a far better activist, but Morello impresses me far more as a musician. He's pretty legendary as a guitarist, and his level of artistry is few and far between in heavier rock and metal.

Unfortunately, since his solo career, he seems to think he's the modern-day Bob Dylan. It's not that he's less talented, just that he makes a far better Tom Morello than a Bob Dylan.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited December 2012
    @BrightNight I may not like your post (beating a dead horse) but it's true. I used to consider myself a metalhead then I realized I'm really not, like you say. The only true metal I like is the stuff in the 80's. (Megadeth, Black Sabbath, etc.)

The "true metal" nowadays is terrible. Death metal, doom metal, and all this other crap with Satanic imagery. As a Christian, I'm really not into Satanic imagery. I don't get butthurt or offended, but obviously it gets in the way of me liking a band. In the same way that Satanic imagery is unnecessary (they just do it to put on a show, to shock people and such), a lot of the music itself is unnecessarily grotesque in its vocals and/or lyrics.

Another thing is, you say nu metal has "pop" elements. I believe the pop influence you speak of is catchy sing-songy choruses and more poppy music structures, which is absolutely true, it's there. I know you weren't criticizing at all but I want to explain myself; I like that influence because a lot of true metal, when I hear it I'm like "Yeah, that was a cool song!" but nothing actually catches or hooks me so I'm not compelled to hear it again.

But yeah overall you're right; I'm not a metal fan I'm a hard rock fan. I don't care most metal heads are huge assholes so not being grouped with them is fine with me. Furthermore, as you say it doesn't matter that much. Is it heavy? Okay, explain that you like "heavy" music. That's cool.
    Post edited by Quartz on
    People can't just have a decen
    jbrownos said:

Ruckus3 said:

Rage Against the Machine (not exactly deathmetal, but de la Roche is beast)

I'm really surprised you mentioned Zach de la Rocha and not Tom Morello. Of the two, I think De la Rocha is a far better activist, but Morello impresses me far more as a musician. He's pretty legendary as a guitarist, and his level of artistry is few and far between in heavier rock and metal.

Unfortunately, since his solo career, he seems to think he's the modern-day Bob Dylan. It's not that he's less talented, just that he makes a far better Tom Morello than a Bob Dylan.
    Pal, have you ever heard Inside Out? It's Zach's absolutely primal freaking roar that I love. Morello has mad talent, but lately has definitely been letting it go to his head. Like getting pissed off at the politician that said he liked rage, that's just excessive. As far as who I like better, hands down its Zach because of his sheer ferocity on the mic.
    Quartz said:

@BrightNight I may not like your post (beating a dead horse) but it's true. I used to consider myself a metalhead then I realized I'm really not, like you say. The only true metal I like is the stuff in the 80's. (Megadeth, Black Sabbath, etc.)

The "true metal" nowadays is terrible. Death metal, doom metal, and all this other crap with Satanic imagery. As a Christian, I'm really not into Satanic imagery. I don't get butthurt or offended, but obviously it gets in the way of me liking a band. In the same way that Satanic imagery is unnecessary (they just do it to put on a show, to shock people and such), a lot of the music itself is unnecessarily grotesque in its vocals and/or lyrics.

Another thing is, you say nu metal has "pop" elements. I believe the pop influence you speak of is catchy sing-songy choruses and more poppy music structures, which is absolutely true, it's there. I know you weren't criticizing at all but I want to explain myself; I like that influence because a lot of true metal, when I hear it I'm like "Yeah, that was a cool song!" but nothing actually catches or hooks me so I'm not compelled to hear it again.

But yeah overall you're right; I'm not a metal fan I'm a hard rock fan. I don't care most metal heads are huge assholes so not being grouped with them is fine with me. Furthermore, as you say it doesn't matter that much. Is it heavy? Okay, explain that you like "heavy" music. That's cool.

Dude, please don't be a dick in my thread. Seriously, I really don't want this to turn into something big. You're a Christian who thinks all metal heads are assholes, that's fine. Since that's the case next time you see a thread with the title "Metal heads" don't even open it up. Now please, don't start any more shit.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    edited December 2012
    Rhapsody
    Running Wild
    Accept
    Metallica
    and Yngwie Malmsteen
    Quartz said:

Thanks for your understanding, but i think i have to explain. You might be a bit short sighted on this, or miss out on some things.

Well, first of all i'm not into beating horses or any animals for that matter....especially not if they are dead :-) (i always play a ranger you know).

Secondly and seriously, if you like metal from the 80's (thrash metal gallore!) and are into Black Sabbath and Megadeth you might be a metalhead for all i care since it wont get anymore metal then that :-D.

"true metal" is not terrible (you did like Sabbath and Megadeth remember?). It is a matter of personal opinion and taste. If you don't like satanic imagery, which i can understand since your Christian....then simply don't listen to that kind of bands. If i were you, don't go listen to black metal and maybe be a bit picky on some death metal bands. Further more...some themes used by metal bands are "oppression, pain, dead, live, love, war and religion......just pick your favourite and don't listen to the religion ones?

If you don't like satanic movies...simply don't watch them...does that mean all 'true' movies are satanic?

If you like reading....go read the bible and don't pick up "the god delusion" by Dawkins and leave the satanic bible for what it is. Still you are a "reader" right?

To give you a tip; Bands consist of musicians called 'band members'....these are most of the time very divers people with own views of life and opinions. Some are Atheist some are Christian, some are pagan...some are satanic. Maybe you should only listen to christian metal bands? There are LOTS out there, playing 'true' metal, just for you. :-)

Oh and about the pop music thing being catchy and metal isn't so.....; the essence of metal music is the guitar drivin RIFF. Which by nature is catchy....go listen Iron Man by black sabbath, and see if it will ever get out of your head again :-) they invented it.

I hope things are more clear for you now, if not feel free to ask.

Oh and btw, i don't care most Christans are huge assholes for being short sighted and think they have this monopoly about the truths of live, so not being grouped with them is fine with me.
    So....am i the only one who cant wait for the upcoming new album of Black Sabbath?

I bought tickets for this year tour, but the tour was canceled because of Tony Iommi's cancer treatment. Hopes are up for a world tour this coming year since he is well again!
  • loffeleifloffeleif Member Posts: 5
    Lets see...

Black Sabbath (both Dio and Ozzy)
    Judas Priest
    Iron Maiden
    Dio
    Rainbow (with Dio:P)
    Dream Theatre
    Yngwie Malmsteen
    Ozzy (alone)
    Bruce Dickinson (alone)
    Hammerfall
    Liquid Tenson
    Motorhead
    Stratovarius

And alot of others, though not metal, more rock/hard rock Deep Purple etc
  • loffeleifloffeleif Member Posts: 5

So....am i the only one who cant wait for the upcoming new album of Black Sabbath?

I bought tickets for this year tour, but the tour was canceled because of Tony Iommi's cancer treatment. Hopes are up for a world tour this coming year since he is well again!

Dude cant wait...

I was going to see them in Bergen(Norway). But when it got canceled i got tickets to Motorhead insted. So it was allmoste as good;)

New Sabbath??? Why the hell was I not informed of this?! Hell yeah guys thanks for the heads up! :)
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    Right now it appears I'm listening to Amorphis. The new stuff. Next, older Amorphis.
    Yup new Sabbath indeed! As far as i know the tracks are almost finished. Iommi has got all his guitar parts on it and right now Ozzy and Geezer are putting the lyrics and vocals down in the studio.

A shame Bill Ward will not be in the band...a huge miss, since it is not 100% Black Sabbath without Bill behind the kit. Anyway, i think i should not complain to much and just be happy to see them release new material and probaly tour afterwards. Cant freaking waaaaaaait. :-)
    loffeleif said:

Dude cant wait...

I was going to see them in Bergen(Norway). But when it got canceled i got tickets to Motorhead insted. So it was allmoste as good;)
    Good to hear i'm not the only one who was crying himself to sleep that night :-D.

while Motorhead is a O.K. band to me, which i have seen lots of times and did enjoy.....its not like we should compare it to Sabbath, now should we? :-)

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I was brought up with the 80's and 90's metal bands. Right now I mainly listen to just Fear Factory now. I like the futuristic sound of their music.