Skip to content

SoD - I might have broke my game...

deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
I just finished defeating Korlasz in the first dungeon and Imoen says she'll wait for me upstairs after I finish looking around.

Unfortunately, when I go up the stairs (or the rope) the game freezes as if it wants to play a cutscene. The characters are still animated in one spot and the ambient sounds are playing, however, my interface completely disappears and I cannot move.

It's early in the campaign and I can restart, but I find that just a tad tedious if there is an easier fix.

I accidently killed Korlasz after she surrendered and I think that might be my culprit as my journal makes reference to both.

I am playing mod free and anyway to get the game unfroze will be most welcome. I've uploaded my last save here for reference (forums won't let me attach for some odd reason)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    Your game freezes if I load it into my installation as well - sorry I can't help. Killing Korlasz shouldn't be a problem though - I regularly do that to avoid her appearing in the palace later.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited August 2018
    Does the same happen if you transit to the above area via the stairs? Sorry, should read more carful!
    The same happens to me if I play the current 2.5 with an older save (from the latest 2.3).
    Thing is, I scanned the area script bd0120.bcs and didn't find any cutscene to be triggered if Korlasz is defeated.

You did start a new SoD game, yes?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Can I ask everyone who is experiencing this to upload the zip of your save and an explanation of what is going on here: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/38462 ?
    I could do that but I only have a save from an older version. I would assume a save from a newly started 2.5 game would be better for debugging.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    actually this save was prior to 2.5, so that might be what broke it as well.
    I can try running the first dungeon again in the morning with a new game, but if I am going to do that, I might as well start over.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited August 2018
    If it only happens with an older save, it also needs to be known.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Actually, it is not needed to defeat Korlasz to trigger this bug. Just start a new SoD v2.3 game, save the game as soon as you gain control over the party and load the game with SoD patched to 2.5.